Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

• No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

Votes: 88 84.6%
  • Ban just politics.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban just religion.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Ban them both.

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
kn1080, your google-fu is weak. A little searching will bring you to Church of Satan: The Official Web Site . A little more there will bring you to THEORY/PRACTICE .

For the record, no. I'm not a Satanist. Even though LaVeyan Satanism is still wrapped up in Judeo-Christian mythology, it is not about the worship of Satan. Still, since it possesses as a tenet, central or otherwise, of belief in the divine/supernatural/mystical, it falls outside of my own morality/ethos/philosophy. There may be a large shared cross section between my own beliefs that those of avowed Satanists, but that no more makes me a Satanist, any more than a given businessman's principles may share much in common with those of a Capitalist makes him a Capitalist, if he does not embrace the core tenets of Capitalism.

I am an Atheist. I term myself a devout Atheist, as my Atheistic beliefs are hard fought and hard won and at least as fervently held as those of any adherent to an Abrahamic faith.

kn1080, your google-fu is weak. A little searching will bring you to Church of Satan: The Official Web Site . A little more there will bring you to THEORY/PRACTICE .

For the record, no. I'm not a Satanist. Even though LaVeyan Satanism is still wrapped up in Judeo-Christian mythology, it is not about the worship of Satan. Still, since it possesses as a tenet, central or otherwise, of belief in the divine/supernatural/mystical, it falls outside of my own morality/ethos/philosophy. There may be a large shared cross section between my own beliefs that those of avowed Satanists, but that no more makes me a Satanist, any more than a given businessman's principles may share much in common with those of a Capitalist makes him a Capitalist, if he does not embrace the core tenets of Capitalism.

I am an Atheist. I term myself a devout Atheist, as my Atheistic beliefs are hard fought and hard won and at least as fervently held as those of any adherent to an Abrahamic faith.

Hey Cathy... quick question. Do Atheists believe in any sort of supernatural or spirits of any kind?

I might suggest you do a search for 'stormfromt' -- you may feel at home there.

I ended up there after a websearch once and, while I did find information pertinent to my query ( about the dependability or a certain handgun) the rest of the forum left me 'uncomfortable' ...

You might feel differently.

I did the same thing! I googled some kind of firearm related inquiry, and ended up in the middle of a thread. There I am, reading along to some good information regarding the firearm I was interested in, and then I noticed some of the avatars.
:blink:
I hot footed it to the top of the screen, and what I saw was, well....., :bad:

You got it all wrong. Real Satanists don't worship Satan; they worship themselves. They indulge in the sins which the Oppressor commands us not to indulge in. When God gave man the natural desires of gluttony, sex, violence, etc. and commanded Man not to do those things, Lucifer spoke up and basically asked, "Don't you think it's a little wrong to give Man these desires but then turn around and tell them not to do it?" For this, Lucifer fell from Heaven. Now he is the vanguard in the fight against the Oppressor.

Real Satanists don't actually care about converting anyone. We don't try to scare people into our line of thinking with threats of eternal damnation and then ask for complete submission and lifelong donations of money. We don't discourage the discussion of any topics. We encourage it because it's better for what's going on in people's minds to be let into light.

So yeah, you know nothing of Satanism, only the propaganda of the Oppressor (whom you call God). Have you ever actually read the Satanic Bible? It's more of a philosophy than a book of fairy tales. I've actually read the Holy Bible from cover to cover and know much about its doctrine, so I have a little more credibility in my criticisms of Christianity.

No. I have it right.
The "sin" of vanity (self-worship) was the reason Lucifer was cast out of Heaven. His vain desire to be greater than GOD led to his downfall. This vanity was also reason behind the downfall of mankind.

Like I said before, I fully support your right to express your views; and I hope you would support mine as well.

However, I am curious what "oppression" you are talking about when you state God is the oppressor. My bible tells me that those that the "SON" (Jesus) sets free are FREE...! So, as a Christian I can NOT relate to your false accusation/assumption. (We are truely FREE; when we are in Christ Jesus.)

I think that these two posts are a good example of how the threads get hijacked. This is a discussion of whether or not politics and religion should be banned from discussion, not a discussion of the Satanist church, or the Christian view of the Satanist church.

We already have a forum for politics, maybe we need one for religion.

... Should we ban it or keep it?!

I greatly enjoy the USACARRY site… AS IT IS!

I have participated in numerous threads and have enjoyed the vast majority of my conversations here—all, really, but one. And, in that one thread, when the conversation turned childish, I simply stopped discussing the matter with the member arguing seemingly for the sake of arguing!

We all have the right to our own beliefs and opinions. I like that USACARRY provides members a forum where they can state beliefs and opinions on a wide range of topics. In having those conversations, if someone asks for clarification, a member has the right to provide it. Or, in posting a comment, a member is free to offer (for any interested) to provide further explanation for their position.

Members are also free (and probably need to exercise more often the ability) to ignore posts that feature content they don’t want to read. Likewise, members are free (and probably need to exercise more often the ability) to ignore other members who seemingly post content in order to create tension and disharmony.

Truth is, you can limit content… but, you will still have some who will invent and find reasons to fuss, fight, and argue.

Luke, ultimately this is your site. You will need to decide the content that you deem acceptable for consumption. And, just like any other product on the market—your decisions will have an impact on the consumers of this site—no matter what you decide, you will likely lose some while preserving others.

But, having the ability to comment and discuss openly and freely on a wide range of topics is a big attraction for me. I have enjoyed the USACARRY community and have found the thoughtful and intelligent content posted here both entertaining and educational.

My vote would be for leaving things like they are—preserve our liberties and freedom—maintain the ability to (cordially) speak our opinions and beliefs openly and freely on a wide range of topics on the USACARRY forums!

One of the reasons I did not post on this site for several months is because many of the politically-motivated threads tend to get downright nasty. I think a ban on religion and politics is at least worth considering because just asking people to tone it down is not going to work. Just my opinion.

How about moving all political only and religion only based issues to a separate place that you need permission to enter? Those that desire to see these threads can do so and those that don't want to see them won't be offended.
General references to faith, beliefs and politics should be allowed just not allowed to become the main focus of any thread outside of the specific political & faith forums.

Hey Cathy... quick question. Do Atheists believe in any sort of supernatural or spirits of any kind?

Well I don't. I enjoy reading about different aspects of the supernatural subject but will remain a skeptic until I witness unexplained proof or end up in a foxhole.

Andy

Well I don't. I enjoy reading about different aspects of the supernatural subject but will remain a skeptic until I witness unexplained proof or end up in a foxhole.

Andy
Supernatural like this guy?:
Link Removed
watch the video at the bottom of the page after the opening.
Peter says God will pay all your bills and even put money in your bank account, supernaturally.

Supernatural like this guy?:
Link Removed
watch the video at the bottom of the page after the opening.
Peter says God will pay all your bills and even put money in your bank account, supernaturally.

Interesting.

It's one thing to live by the word and teachings of God, but there's something wrong with ministries that make promises around miracle healing and getting wealthy through God.

How about moving all political only and religion only based issues to a separate place that you need permission to enter? Those that desire to see these threads can do so and those that don't want to see them won't be offended.
General references to faith, beliefs and politics should be allowed just not allowed to become the main focus of any thread outside of the specific political & faith forums.

I believe that most already self select which threads that they want to participate with. While there have been many on religion and politics, I see that the pure gun questions continue along unabated. It appears to me that this adds to the forum instead of detracting from it. Everyone is free to pick and choose. What greater system is there than that personal freedom to engage or not engage in the discussion?

Interesting.

It's one thing to live by the word and teachings of God, but there's something wrong with ministries that make promises around miracle healing and getting wealthy through God.
My point is preacher x promises you something. Preacer Y promises what X said and more.
Who is to say that peper popperoff is right or wrong.
They all ask you to put your faith in a invisable man named God. or a few other names.

All of them want you to send them money.

It is all about faith. Faith can bring you guidence, as well as comfort.

If it works, go for it.

However, those of faith have no right to shove it at other folks.

Everyone here knows how to get faith. Church, internet, TV. Most here have a bible in the home.

Stop shooting each other with the scripture guns.

I don't really care what peter, or paul said.

I find what paul, john, george, and ringo wrote to be much more entertaining.

Hello friends,
I have seen various sites online that offer information regarding concealed carry etc. and in my opinion none of them have the variety and depth of information that USA Carry has.

I think that the issue of whether or not to ban religion and or politics on this site makes for interesting learning about the mindset of those who visit here, but otherwise it is for me a non issue.

Here's what I mean, our nation was founded on "religious" principals and its politicians often try to use religion as a catalyst to fuel unnecessary and time wasting debate in order to distract the voters from whatever the main issue really is, when in reality (like this poll question) it is not the subject of religion or politics that really matter, but rather for me it becomes just another loss of freedom when a ban is imposed simply to appease a given audience.

This site to me is about education and information of our 2nd Amendment rights which by its history contains the "religious" foundation of our nation which is brought into action through the institution of our Democracy (politics).

Religion and politics may not be as much at odds as folks make them out to be. For me, those who say it's never a good idea to talk about religion and politics together need more education on both.

This is an excellent site, please don't ruin it by imposing a ban on the intelligent just to appease the fearful.
theodas

No, no, no. Impose a ban on the fearful if it means less of a burden on the intelligent.

Andy
Ditto. I love Harry Potter's universe. It's filled with new and innovative rules aside from science. I'm always intrigued by magic systems, looking for ways in which they aren't internally consistent, and after that to see how they give lip service to science, especially in terms of conservation of energy type issues. I do the same thing with superhero mutations.

I've even invented my own magic system modelled largely on computer science and physics with which I wanted to write a female American Harry Potter in the 16th century. Sort of Little Witches instead of Little Women.

That would mean, if it goes into effect, you will have to change your sig pic at the bottom of each of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back