Seniors Arming Themselves

So you are supporting that people that cuss in public should be locked up? You approve of letting violent offenders out early because they need room for someone that had a joint on them, or j-walked? Yes, must punish all offenders. And people wonder why our society is so ****** up.

I think you would really like it in Singapore where failure to flush a public toilet will get you caned, or chewing gum fined.
Somehow, the questions you pose about what I support are so disconnected from reality, and replete with self generated blather to qualify your beliefs, that you don't see, or understand, "the big picture".

This isn't Singapore, XD. Loosen your BVDs a few notches.

The law is the law, right or wrong. Don't like them? Change them. It would also help your relevance to toss the self-serving ridiculous questions.

You do know that non-violent offenders are still offenders, right? Another bleeding heart liberal, cupcake?

This isn't Singapore, XD. Loosen your BVDs a few notches.

The law is the law, right or wrong. Don't like them? Change them. It would also help your relevance to toss the self-serving ridiculous questions.
No it is not Singapore, but you sound like you would prefer their style of justice.

Of course, you personally have never speed, rolled through a stop sign, spit on the sidewalk, jay-walked....... right?

No it is not Singapore, but you sound like you would prefer their style of justice.

Of course, you personally have never speed, rolled through a stop sign, spit on the sidewalk, jay-walked....... right?
Your asinine questions continue to make you look like a deflecting buffoon, XD.

I hear about gov't and anti gunners calling for more control and regulations whenever they find an excuse... yet it seems citizens are buying guns in record numbers. I see this reported about much more in the local news lately. Just 10 minutes ago they had a story about seniors buying guns for self defense in record numbers (locally,atleast, if not nationally). The headline was 'Watch out, granny's got a gun' lol. Go grannies! Are granny's arming themselves in your part of the country too?
I've also noticed more grey at the pistol counter. More power to them.

Fast approaching 70. Shot (and bought) my first handgun in 2012. Got my CCW last month. Go to the outdoor range every week, indoor range when it's cold or rainy. I now own 4 handguns. I'm having the time of my life. By the way, my hair is only as gray as I want it to be.

Okay, guys--Have gone 77years without being concerned regarding getting CC. All five of my children (and some of their spouses) have carried for years.
Realized that if someone had been CC in South Carolina church, probably fewer people would have died.
Have taken CC class and am awaiting receipt of DD 214 to apply for my CC.
Here in NC, have to get permit to purchase HG and have accomplished that.
Guess it's never too late to take appropriate action--so long as I don's wait until someone takes me out because I wasn't carrying!

Looking forward to jawing with everyone.

I have had my CC for years. I recommend all Gray Panthers (sexy senior citizens) take NRA approved courses and get you CC and carry daily. I'd rather die of old age than have a criminal gun me down because I was defenseless.

I have had my CC for years. I recommend all Gray Panthers (sexy senior citizens) take NRA approved courses and get you CC and carry daily. I'd rather die of old age than have a criminal gun me down because I was defenseless.

Exactly what I have done, been carrying for almost 3 years now, and I carry everywhere it is legal. Wife also has her permit and carries where ever and whenever legal. At 69, I'm not going to pretend I can out run or out fight and too old to take a beating from some much younger thug, so I carry. I'm not so much worried about a criminal gunning me down, as beating me down.

The more people I talk to, the more I see they are beginning to realize that they need a gun for defense, and especially for their wives. Some have purchased home defense guns, others have got their permits and carry, and one is taking the required carry class later this month. NC's course is basically the NRA pistol course, followed by the legal aspects of carry.

Seniors are becoming a common targets for thugs because of our ages and inabilities to put up physical defenses. As more thugs learn about more seniors arming ourselves I hope they leave us the hell alone.

I'm a senior as well, at least according to AARP who sent me membership SPAM on my 50th birthday. I'm now 60 and continue to carry, but I continue since the age of 23, not just since I was (technically) a seasoned citizen. I got my first permission slip in King County, WA in 1978. Left there after five years to go back home to LA to help my ailing mother, met my wife in '85, married in '88 and left for Alabama shortly after Mom passed away in '91. Except for those six or seven years in Commiefornia, and the two years after turning 21 before I got my first permission slip, I've carried regularly for more than 30 years total. I still carry, but I'm much less concerned with it at this stage of my life having moved way out in the country and rarely going to town any more than once or twice a month now that we're pretty well settled. I still carry out on the property, but that's more for the four-legged and scale-skinned variety of critters rather than the two-legged kind. I do get to practice my draw and target acquisition through my rifle scope a helluva lot more than I could before now though. Them four-legged and scale-skinned critters are in for a rude awakening if they choose me, my wife or our dog to victimize nowadays!

Blues

I was born and raised in So.California, a fantastic place to live for the first 30 years. Next 20 years in No.California, Lake Tahoe, even more fantastic. Back to So. Calif. in late 80's. By the late 80's So.Calif. had turned into a liberal third world cesspool. When the wife and I could no longer tolerate the insanity we sold the house and the business and headed for Arizona and early retirement. I was raised around guns, dad was a LEO and mother a private investigator for Pinkerton. Having owned and operated four businesses and carrying large amounts of money for deposit on a regular basis, I conceal carried most of my adult life in California. The wife and I have been carrying "legally" in Arizona for the past 17 years. Following a near death experience, a miracle, and many months of physical therapy to learn how to walk again, I'm blessed to be as strong today at 73 as I ever was. I can't run but have no doubt that I could still open a serious can of Woop Ass on a physical attacker if need be. God is good and it's an exciting time to be alive...MARANATHA! :victory:

Ran into an old neighbor yesterday. She was a LEO years ago. They left the force to teach and be a school administrator. She in in her late 60's now, and told me she carries everyday, even when walking her dogs. Glad to hear it.

I was born and raised in So.California, a fantastic place to live for the first 30 years. Next 20 years in No.California, Lake Tahoe, even more fantastic. Back to So. Calif. in late 80's. By the late 80's So.Calif. had turned into a liberal third world cesspool. When the wife and I could no longer tolerate the insanity we sold the house and the business and headed for Arizona and early retirement. I was raised around guns, dad was a LEO and mother a private investigator for Pinkerton. Having owned and operated four businesses and carrying large amounts of money for deposit on a regular basis, I conceal carried most of my adult life in California. The wife and I have been carrying "legally" in Arizona for the past 17 years. Following a near death experience, a miracle, and many months of physical therapy to learn how to walk again, I'm blessed to be as strong today at 73 as I ever was. I can't run but have no doubt that I could still open a serious can of Woop Ass on a physical attacker if need be. God is good and it's an exciting time to be alive...MARANATHA! :victory:
Yep, 60 here and have to use a can opener to use it...and I will use it, if the unthinkable happens.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back