Seniors Arming Themselves

indyyy

I hear about gov't and anti gunners calling for more control and regulations whenever they find an excuse... yet it seems citizens are buying guns in record numbers. I see this reported about much more in the local news lately. Just 10 minutes ago they had a story about seniors buying guns for self defense in record numbers (locally,atleast, if not nationally). The headline was 'Watch out, granny's got a gun' lol. Go grannies! Are granny's arming themselves in your part of the country too?

Just got a request from a old school days friend to get with him about buying a pistol and seeking a concealed carry permit. Will do.

Lots of seniors at my local indoor range, especially couples (man and woman!) on weekday mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone should arm themselves, if they wish. Violent criminals are being released back on the streets years before their sentences are served, because of overcrowding.

Your safety is in your own hands; the police cannot be there to help, and the government doesn't give a damn about your personal safety.

Everyone should arm themselves, if they wish. Violent criminals are being released back on the streets years before their sentences are served, because of overcrowding.

Your safety is in your own hands; the police cannot be there to help, and the government doesn't give a damn about your personal safety.

And how many people are in prison for really minor drug possession, or other non-violent crimes. Prison is nothing but higher education for criminal activity. We have way too many people locked up, and many for victimless non-violent crimes. Does the system still say it is for rehabilitation? What a farce....

Yesterday I had an accidental alarm (open door) on my home security system. It took me 17 minutes to get home after ADT notified me, and I beat the cops by at least 5 minutes, and I am not out in the boonies, I live less than just over a mile from the main police station.

Armed seniors all over here. Half my Well-armed Woman group are at least middle aged. One lady I shoot with is in her 70's and I'm 67. Our church ushers crew includes a number of armed grandfathers--anybody trying to shot up our church would be perforated before he got more than a couple of rounds off. (Northeast Florida)

Fast approaching 70. Shot (and bought) my first handgun in 2012. Got my CCW last month. Go to the outdoor range every week, indoor range when it's cold or rainy. I now own 4 handguns. I'm having the time of my life. By the way, my hair is only as gray as I want it to be.

Gray hair seems to be dominate hair color of people looking for their first gun at the local gun store.

Except in Florida where they drive older Lincolns and Caddies peeking over the steering wheel. Then their hair is pink, blue or bright red. :)

Got my first pistol in 2008. I have had shot guns and rifles most of my life. But if I tr to carry one of them concealed, it looks like I have an extreme boner. And at my age that is just not going to happen. LOL!

Except in Florida where they drive older Lincolns and Caddies peeking over the steering wheel. Then their hair is pink, blue or bright red. :)

Peeking over the steering wheel? The one's I see are peeking over the dash, but under the steering wheel. From behind they are completely hidden by the head rest.

Seniors should indeed have a home defense weapon, thieves look at them as easy prey. IMO the Kel Tec P-32 which is a pocket gun with very little recoil or else the Beretta Tomcat which is a .32 acp pocket gun with a tip up barrel in case they can not rack a slide well, are both excellent.
They can keep them in a sweater pocket and always be ready. :dirol:

Seniors should indeed have a home defense weapon, thieves look at them as easy prey. IMO the Kel Tec P-32 which is a pocket gun with very little recoil or else the Beretta Tomcat which is a .32 acp pocket gun with a tip up barrel in case they can not rack a slide well, are both excellent.
They can keep them in a sweater pocket and always be ready. :dirol:
Great. Nocluznar is recommending a .32 acp pocket gun, without knowing the physical condition of the person who needs a sidearm. The person may be able to handle a .380 or 9mm or .40S&W, or .45 acp.

Let the person try many different calibers so they may have the proper "fit" for them.

Take your ridiculous, "one size fits all" blather to some other forum where your ignorance may not be as prevalent.

And how many people are in prison for really minor drug possession, or other non-violent crimes. Prison is nothing but higher education for criminal activity. We have way too many people locked up, and many for victimless non-violent crimes. Does the system still say it is for rehabilitation? What a farce....

Yesterday I had an accidental alarm (open door) on my home security system. It took me 17 minutes to get home after ADT notified me, and I beat the cops by at least 5 minutes, and I am not out in the boonies, I live less than just over a mile from the main police station.
I'm not sure what your point is, besides lesser offenders learn the art of advanced criminal behavior while serving time?

All the more reason citizens should be arming themselves in record numbers. Do the crime, do the time. What part of criminal incarceration do you not understand?

They are not there for selling lemonade at a roadside stand, cupcake.

I'm not sure what your point is, besides lesser offenders learn the art of advanced criminal behavior while serving time?

All the more reason citizens should be arming themselves in record numbers. Do the crime, do the time. What part of criminal incarceration do you not understand?

They are not there for selling lemonade at a roadside stand, cupcake.

My point is really two pronged, both intertwined.

We have too many people in prison for non-violent and often trivial crimes, and are a threat to no one, this of course causes over crowding which forces the release of people that are a threat to everyone.

Of course the non-violent offender probably becomes violent after being 'rehabilitated' in the hostile environment.

And they reality is that some are in there for not much more than selling lemonade. People have been sentenced to prison for cussing in public, catching a fish out of season, expired vehicle registration, yes we must be protected from these ruthless criminals, they are a threat to life, limb, and society in total..... cupcake :mad:

My point is really two pronged, both intertwined.

We have too many people in prison for non-violent and often trivial crimes, and are a threat to no one, this of course causes over crowding which forces the release of people that are a threat to everyone.

Of course the non-violent offender probably becomes violent after being 'rehabilitated' in the hostile environment.

And they reality is that some are in there for not much more than selling lemonade. People have been sentenced to prison for cussing in public, catching a fish out of season, expired vehicle registration, yes we must be protected from these ruthless criminals, they are a threat to life, limb, and society in total..... cupcake :mad:
You do know that non-violent offenders are still offenders, right? Another bleeding heart liberal, cupcake?

You do know that non-violent offenders are still offenders, right? Another bleeding heart liberal, cupcake?

So you are supporting that people that cuss in public should be locked up? You approve of letting violent offenders out early because they need room for someone that had a joint on them, or j-walked? Yes, must punish all offenders. And people wonder why our society is so ****** up.

I think you would really like it in Singapore where failure to flush a public toilet will get you caned, or chewing gum fined.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back