Seen One Of Them Open Carry Fellers in Weatherford OK

Johnny Dollar

So I was at the feed store with the Mrs. Last night and I saw may first OK open carry.

First, I have to say that regardless of his looks this guy had either passed a background check for a concealed carry permit or was incredibly ballsy/ stupid and was open carrying illegally.

So, the guy was in his early to mid 20s had a scraggly beard was wearing jeans and a t shirt and a gimme hat on but the thing that really caught my eye was his holster.

The guy was carrying what looked like a Ruger semi auto in a cheap ass Uncle Mike’s Nylon holster, the kind with the magazine pouch on the front and the nylon “belt loops” that let the holster hang so the butt of your weapon about 4 inches out from your belt. I’m talking this guy had zero retention on that gun my wife could have disarmed him.
I am not going to gripe about open carry but if you’re going to do it please use a proper retention holster

You should have sent your wife to disarm him and let us know the results :rolleyes:

You do realize that CC and open carriers are on the same team??? Right?????

I carry open and don't have any retention on My holster. If You let someone You don't know get that close, You have more things to worry about than the retention of Your holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So I was at the feed store with the Mrs. Last night and I saw may first OK open carry.

First, I have to say that regardless of his looks this guy had either passed a background check for a concealed carry permit or was incredibly ballsy/ stupid and was open carrying illegally.

So, the guy was in his early to mid 20s had a scraggly beard was wearing jeans and a t shirt and a gimme hat on but the thing that really caught my eye was his holster.

The guy was carrying what looked like a Ruger semi auto in a cheap ass Uncle Mike’s Nylon holster, the kind with the magazine pouch on the front and the nylon “belt loops” that let the holster hang so the butt of your weapon about 4 inches out from your belt. I’m talking this guy had zero retention on that gun my wife could have disarmed him.
I am not going to gripe about open carry but if you’re going to do it please use a proper retention holster

Many OWB holsters have no retention, doesn't make them any less effective to keep Your firearm in place than one with a strap. If You don't want to use one, then DON'T.

You should have sent your wife to disarm him and let us know the results :rolleyes:

You do realize that CC and open carriers are on the same team??? Right?????

Generally-speaking, you are of course right, but all you have to do is read my sig to confirm that the poster you're addressing is not on "our team" in any way, shape, manner or form.

I carry open and don't have any retention on My holster. If You let someone You don't know get that close, You have more things to worry about than the retention of Your holster.

The only retention my holster has is friction from the custom form. Dollars wife can try and disarm me whenever she wants.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

While I am a fan of retention holsters...

Let me point out that there are a whole bunch of folks out there who look like wimps, act totally non confrontational, yet have the will, the determination, and the training, to hand a massive ass kicking to anyone who messes with them. Not to mention that some OC'ers also carry concealed so if your wife, or you, or anyone, tried to disarm that feller in the feed store an ass kicking might not have been the only thing she/they could have been confronted with.

In the interest of full disclosure.... I'm not one of those fellers who frequent feed stores..... nor do I want to be confrontational and I kinda look like a wimp. As for the training/concealed BUG? I hope to never have to definitively answer that question because that would be a bad day for everyone... including me.

I open carry with a retention holster but I keep my .380 in my front pocket.
Go ahead, see if you can get my gun...before I can put my other one right up your left nostril.

umutana5.jpg

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Let me point out that there are a whole bunch of folks out there who look like wimps, act totally non confrontational, yet have the will, the determination, and the training, to hand a massive ass kicking to anyone who messes with them. Not to mention that some OC'ers also carry concealed so if your wife, or you, or anyone, tried to disarm that feller in the feed store an ass kicking might not have been the only thing she/they could have been confronted with.

In the interest of full disclosure.... I'm not one of those fellers who frequent feed stores..... nor do I want to be confrontational and I kinda look like a wimp. As for the training/concealed BUG? I hope to never have to definitively answer that question because that would be a bad day for everyone... including me.

You say that like Tractor Supply is a bad place to shop. :haha:

Agree with you, looks can be deceiving.

I agree 110% while I do not do feed stores ether, and besides the point that I am one, (old fart) people should not mess with someone they don't know no matter what they look like, especialy old farts, as most can pull a trigger as fast as anyone

Many OWB holsters have no retention, doesn't make them any less effective to keep Your firearm in place than one with a strap. If You don't want to use one, then DON'T.

From the description it sounded to me like the OP meant the holster was the type that doesn't fit the gun and it will just fall out if the dude trips. To each his own, but that wouldn't cut it for me. (Active six-year-old around... sometimes needs chasing! If only to make him burn some energy...)

Like you said, straps or other "active" retention aren't necessary, though, open carry or not. Tons of excellent, good quality OWB holsters without anything like that. My only retention is if it's upside down, or if I'm running, twisting, etc, the gun doesn't fall out. (Hopefully this is what OP was referring to... not counting on it, though :smile:)

Rule of thumb - anyone who doesn't do it according to Johnny Dollar's standards is a dumb a$$ redneck goober. Got it. I've been called worse names by better. Those people that drive those old, beat up cars give drivers everywhere a bad name.

Why alienate a fellow pro-gun person, why show so much disrespect, do you know this persons financial status, is he poor, is there one in the chamber. Why did you post anything at all about this person? Why would you wish to disarm a person or think someone else would wish to do so? This is totally pointless and serves no purpose as I can see. Did you wish to make yourself look better, if this was such a safety issue why not take him aside and provide corrective input? Did you fear him?
In my humble opinion if you felt he was not safe you should have pulled him aside and said hey, friend, I like your gun do you shoot reloads factory or what? Oh, by the way, is that piece have one chambered, just asking cause to me it does not appear safe. Maybe you and I could go to the range some time and share our styles.

So, like you know, erra, so, you know?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back