SC Restaurant Carry

NCIC105

Good News, The restaurant carry bill was placed on special order today. This is a special status that guarantees there will be a vote taken. The Senate is off for Easter for 2 weeks but this bill should be voted on before the end of session.

Now we have to do our part and call, email our representatives to bring this home!!!

Proud of ya all down there NCIC. We have a similar bill here in NC. Hopefully it'll get out of committee for vote.

No but it's getting closer
Oh well I just saw where someone said several of the senators changed their vote. Didn't we only need 2 in the first place? I mean does this just mean that it's basically passed just not officially...or would we be too afraid to jinx it to say that?

It will be placed on the Senate Calender to be heard and voted on before the end of session. If it passes the senate, it goes to the house for three readings and a vote. Lots of places for amendments. If ratified by both Senate and House, the Act goes on to the governor.

It will be placed on the Senate Calender to be heard and voted on before the end of session. If it passes the senate, it goes to the house for three readings and a vote. Lots of places for amendments. If ratified by both Senate and House, the Act goes on to the governor.
When is the end of session? Any hope for it being passed by this summer?

An idiot in Charleston had letter published insinuating that with the law, as currently written, you are risking fines and prison just to have a drink. IMHO, the whole purpose of being able to CC in a restaurant has nothing to do with getting a drink and has nothing to do with a good ole western saloon shootout. To me it is the trip from my parked car to the restaurant and my trip back again after I have eaten. This, in many cases is at night in downtown Charleston and can involve a dark street, a dark parking lot or a dark parking garage. Without the ability to bring the firearm into the restaurant/bar, I cannot have it available for defending myself in the above situations which, to me, are numero uno on my situational awareness danger list. Drinking and CC, to me, is not very different than drinking and driving--personally if you are found to be drunk by, I assume the 08 standard, whether it is a car or a firearm--you have forfeited your license for either for a substantial amount of time with a very hefty fine. Do it a second time--have fun in prison. I am tired about reading about the sad deaths of innocents who did nothing wrong except end up on the road with a miscreant drunk--same goes for being a drunk with a firearm. Interestingly, if you should need to defend yourself with a firearm and are drunk at the time, you may not end up in jail, but you will lose all your possessions in a civil suit--love to hear your excuse for being drunk and CC.

An idiot in Charleston had letter published insinuating that with the law, as currently written, you are risking fines and prison just to have a drink. IMHO, the whole purpose of being able to CC in a restaurant has nothing to do with getting a drink and has nothing to do with a . To me it is the trip from my parked car to the restaurant and my trip back again after I have eaten. This, in many cases is at night in downtown Charleston and can involve a dark street, a dark parking lot or a dark parking garage. Without the ability to bring the firearm into the restaurant/bar, I cannot have it available for defending myself in the above situations which, to me, are numero uno on my situational awareness danger list. Drinking and CC, to me, is not very different than drinking and driving--personally if you are found to be drunk by, I assume the 08 standard, whether it is a car or a firearm--you have forfeited your license for either for a substantial amount of time with a very hefty fine. Do it a second time--have fun in prison. I am tired about reading about the sad deaths of innocents who did nothing wrong except end up on the road with a miscreant drunk--same goes for being a drunk with a firearm. Interestingly, if you should need to defend yourself with a firearm and are drunk at the time, you may not end up in jail, but you will lose all your possessions in a civil suit--love to hear your excuse for being drunk and CC.
Look at that, our resident statist made it back. This most recent post is so filled with crap I'm not sure where to start.
1. The whole purpose of being able to carry into a resturant or bar is to be able to protect yourself the same as anywhere else. If a person chooses to drink that is entirely their prerogative. Period. I notice you cited a "good ole western saloon shootout" which would no doubt lead to blood running in the streets. Why is there exactly zero problem with this in states that already allow people carry and drink in public? Bradybot 1, Liberty 0.
2. If in fact it's about a "night in downtown Charleston and can involve a dark street, a dark parking lot or a dark parking garage", then your situtational awareness sucks. If you go somewhere that you think you might need a gun, then your situational awareness sucks. The first step in personal defense is always avoidance. That probably means "a dark street, a dark parking lot or a dark parking garage". Going out to dinner is entirely optional. If you do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places at stupid times, then I reckon you get what you deserve.
3. Drinking and carrying and drinking and driving are two completely different things. While I don't recommend doing either, one of them is protected by the 2nd Amendment and the other isn't. I just checked my pocket Constitution and can't find the words drinking, drunk, alcohol, car or driving anywhere. Most responsible citizens don't do either activity. Criminals are already doing both.
So once again you've shown that you live in a world where the all powerful and knowing government can better determine and control how us lowly peons are allowed to live our lives. I'm wondering if you're the guy who testified yesterday at the sub-committee hearing who said he respects the Constitution and believes in Constitutional Carry, but only if folks completed mandatory government training. Have a nice day.
Mandatory legal disclaimer: Neither my wife or I drink, so there is no direct benefit to me to be able to legally drink and carry. There is however the inderect benefit of being able to live in a society with more personal liberty.
By the way. How's that list of OC gun grabs coming along? We've been waiting a week or so for it now...

The whole purpose is to eliminate another special place where those who follow the law are not permitted to go without giving up their rights. It should be no different than a park, the street, a library, or a non-licensed restaurant.

If folks aren't able to control their own activities, I cannot figure out why some feel laws will help them with control. If a guy wants to carry a gun, get drunk, and shoot the place up, there is nothing to stop him. I've asked every restaurant owner I've talked with that opposes restaurant carry, how they know there isn't somebody sitting at their bar right now, drunk, with a gun in his pocket. I've never had one give me an answer.

Why should I have to sit there withy family, because some anti-gun elected d!ckhead finds a restaurant a special place. The list of special places is stupid. Restaurants, church, doctors offices ... lets get this silliness fixed.

The government needs to step out of the way, and allow property owners to make their own rules. If a restaurant owner doesn't want my business, the SC Legislature wasted a bunch of time codifying what his sign needs to look like. He can just stick one in his door, and I'll go to the next restaurant. Problem solved.

The whole purpose is to eliminate another special place where those who follow the law are not permitted to go without giving up their rights. It should be no different than a park, the street, a library, or a non-licensed restaurant.

If folks aren't able to control their own activities, I cannot figure out why some feel laws will help them with control. If a guy wants to carry a gun, get drunk, and shoot the place up, there is nothing to stop him. I've asked every restaurant owner I've talked with that opposes restaurant carry, how they know there isn't somebody sitting at their bar right now, drunk, with a gun in his pocket. I've never had one give me an answer.

Why should I have to sit there withy family, because some anti-gun elected d!ckhead finds a restaurant a special place. The list of special places is stupid. Restaurants, church, doctors offices ... lets get this silliness fixed.

The government needs to step out of the way, and allow property owners to make their own rules. If a restaurant owner doesn't want my business, the SC Legislature wasted a bunch of time codifying what his sign needs to look like. He can just stick one in his door, and I'll go to the next restaurant. Problem solved.
I think the reason our signs have to look a certain way is because they hold legal weight. In most states, the sign just gives the owner grounds to ask you to leave. In SC, the sign gives the owner grounds to seek criminal prosecution. Therefore, I think the lawmakers just wanted to make sure that some store owner couldn't press charges on someone because they claimed they had a 1"x1" sign down in the bottom corner of the door that no one would ever see.

John, all that sounds very - Libertarian. I'm proud to have someone like you on our side even if all your "crazy talk" about government getting out of the way scares some people.
Link Removed

I think the reason our signs have to look a certain way is because they hold legal weight. In most states, the sign just gives the owner grounds to ask you to leave. In SC, the sign gives the owner grounds to seek criminal prosecution. Therefore, I think the lawmakers just wanted to make sure that some store owner couldn't press charges on someone because they claimed they had a 1"x1" sign down in the bottom corner of the door that no one would ever see.
The signs look the way they do courtesy of GrassRoots GunRights and specifically Rob Butler to make sure we have a uniform notice. And property owners with lawfully posted businesses have no grounds to seek prosecution. If you're inside someplace that is lawfully posted, the business owner doesn't even have to know about it. You're breaking the (un-Constitutional) law and the stormtroopers can haul you away.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back