SC Restaurant Carry

I think the reason our signs have to look a certain way is because they hold legal weight. In most states, the sign just gives the owner grounds to ask you to leave. In SC, the sign gives the owner grounds to seek criminal prosecution. Therefore, I think the lawmakers just wanted to make sure that some store owner couldn't press charges on someone because they claimed they had a 1"x1" sign down in the bottom corner of the door that no one would ever see.

I misstated what I meant. Sorry. I meant the SC legislature stupidly allowed anti gun jerkoffs to give a gun buster sign the force of law. Since they did that, I guess it was probably a good idea to at least make the sign legible and require it to be posted in an obvious location. I want this fixed (ie deleted) as well. Gasp!!!

I've updated my entry with more information on how S 308 made it back from the grave. --> Link Removed

I think the reason our signs have to look a certain way is because they hold legal weight. In most states, the sign just gives the owner grounds to ask you to leave. In SC, the sign gives the owner grounds to seek criminal prosecution. Therefore, I think the lawmakers just wanted to make sure that some store owner couldn't press charges on someone because they claimed they had a 1"x1" sign down in the bottom corner of the door that no one would ever see.

I misstated what I meant. Sorry. I meant the SC legislature stupidly allowed anti gun jerkoffs to give a gun buster sign the force of law. Since they did that, I guess it was probably a good idea to at least make the sign legible and require it to be posted in an obvious location. I want this fixed (ie deleted) as well. Gasp!!!

I've updated my entry with more information on how S 308 made it back from the grave. --> Link Removed
What does debate interrupted mean?

The safest place for a firearm is in it's holster with nobody (including the wielder) messing with it.
To go into most dining establishments, I have to remove it and store it in my car. (Or leave it home, which ain't gonna happen)
Think someone might panic if they happen to see that?
Since the firearm won't be in my physical control, isn't there a risk it might fall into the wrong hands?
Do I clear it first? (I don't, but I'm sure some do) If so .. refer to the first line in this reply.

IMO the restaurant no carry law creates a more dangerous situation than the one it aims to prevent.

I'm glad we've got a chance to do away with it.

I carry mine conceal and if I don't see a sign of some kind it stay with me, and I agree with kerb it do create a more dangerous situation. If they come in and start shooting I'm arm and if not nobody will know.

In today's Charleston, Post&Courier, one of their "journalists" put together another of these stupid commentaries on "guns". She quotes the Charleston Police Chief, like he is the arbiter of what is right and what is wrong and insinuates, based on the Chief's comments that the impending law change is all about a good old fashion western saloon shootout. She discusses the basics of the current laws and the CCWP requirements and makes light of them vs the requirements of 40 hours of training for a drivers license. She throws out the name of our most recent "gun celebrity" a nutcase lady who is no stranger to commitment to a mental ward and who was brandishing a firearm, as if this meant something in the argument. She quotes the Chief, who has managed to get his foot stuck in his mouth during a public hearing on changes to the law, with statements that belie mature understanding. She is classic liberal Post and Courier and it disgusts me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back