S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

So I guess we need to get on the horn with our state rep. & tell 'em to not amend the thing one bit, huh?

Yes, I think it would be appropriate to ask your rep to support S308 in it's current form and send it to the Governor.

Link Removed

"Packing heat where drinks are served could soon be legal in South Carolina" was the little news teaser on WYFF just now. Regardless of what the media's opinion is, they make it sound bad on purpose to get people to watch. Makes me sick.

I watched that too around 5 or 6. The controlled media. Makes ya wanna put yer fingers down your throat.

In a perfect world, if the House passes it as is, I wonder how long it'll take before the governor signs it & it becomes law?

In a perfect world, if the House passes it as is, I wonder how long it'll take before the governor signs it & it becomes law?

From what I hear, she's been pretty open about the fact that she's happy to sign any pro-gun legislation that lands on her desk. Whether that's true or not I don't know but if it is I imagine she won't waste much time.

Gov Haley has made it very clear that she'll sign any and all pro-gun legislation that comes across her desk. In the past it seems as though she has done all of her bill signing on one day every week. If I recall correctly, and there's at least a 50% chance that I don't, she's a Thursday signer.

Are there 3 readings required for a concurrence vote or just one reading and one vote?

It's already had its three readings in both bodies. Amendments and concurrence get an up down vote. So, the House could:

A. accept the changes made in the Senate
B. reject the changes
C. propose new amendments and send it back to the Senate

If it passes in the house in its current form, there are a couple of steps in the ratification process, then the act gets delivered to the Governor. Honestly I don't know how long each step takes, but I don't imagine there is a runner waiting to sprint this around the capital, so it will be a day at least before the Governor sees the act.

I talked to my Representative tonight at a function here in town....word is the House is tired of a few legislators' shenanigans (no names, but we know who he is talking about) and have the votes to pass this on to the Gov.

He said the majority is committed to seeing this Bill thru.

I talked to my Representative tonight at a function here in town....word is the House is tired of a few legislators' shenanigans (no names, but we know who he is talking about) and have the votes to pass this on to the Gov.

He said the majority is committed to seeing this Bill thru.

I for one have 'my' fingers crossed.

I don't think our Gov will ever bend to the LIBTARDs hoplophobia. She knows better. The left knows that our Gov is pro-business and has encouraged business to come here. But, they just don't realize that she is a heckuva lot smarter than most politicians.

-

So, can Scott get up there and ramble on for hours again, or is this done in the Senate and is just a vote and be done with it in the House?

Senator Scott cannot for obvious reasons, but, if a House Rep wants to offer and amendment and talk about it, he will have the floor. The House has a different set of rules, so controlling the floor may be more/less difficult.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back