S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Wonder when SLED is gonna update their laws...

Enjoyed the benefits of S308 last Saturday when Brother in law and Cousin with wives dined at California Dreaming in N Myrtle Beach, sure did feel good to not have to disarm before dining. Also felt good to know that at our table of 6 their were 4 armed folks.

amen my brother!!! what ya packin'?:thank_you2::crazy_pilot::neo:

amen my brother!!! what ya packin'?:thank_you2::crazy_pilot::neo:

I carry (most times ) a XDs 45, sometimes, a beretta Nano or an LCP when the clothes dictate. BIL carries a Ruger LC9, the other folks had a LCP and an unknown as she don't talk much about what she carries but I think it was a LCP.

Updated with House vote score -> Link Removed

That is great! Thanks to whoever put that together. What I love about it, is it has all the versions.

NOTE: There are some that were absent in the very last vote, that were "nays" during previous versions (although they might have voted "yea" for some a couple of the undesirable versions). Some abstains as well. High chance those same people were up for re-election this year. Don't give them a break! Hold them as accountable as the "nays!"

what was s198 Massey Amendment that the Ayes were red?

Senator MASSEY proposed the following amendment (308R006.ASM):
Amend the bill, as and if amended, by striking SECTION 1 and inserting:
/
SECTION 1. Section 16-23-465 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:

"Section 16-23-465. (A) In addition to the penalties provided for by Sections 16-11-330, 16-11-620, and 16-23-460, 23-31-220, and by Article 1, of Chapter 23, of Title 16, a person convicted of carrying a pistol or firearm into a business which sells alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine for consumption on the premises is guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than two three thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
In addition to the penalties described above, a person who violates this section while carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, must have his concealed weapon permit revoked for a period of five years.
(B)(1) This section does not apply to a person carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to and in compliance with Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and midnight; however, the person shall not consume alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine while carrying the concealable weapon on the business's premises and shall not enter and remain on any portion of the business's premises primarily devoted to the service and consumption of alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine. A person who violates this subitem may be charged with a violation of subsection (A).
(2) A business owner or person in legal possession or control of a business may prohibit the carrying of concealable weapons into the business by posting a 'NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED' sign in compliance with Section 23-31-235. A person who carries a concealable weapon into a business with a sign posted in compliance with Section 23-31-235 may be charged with a violation of subsection (A).
(3) A business owner or person in legal possession or control of a business may request that a person carrying a concealable weapon leave the business's premises, or any portion of the premises, or request that a person carrying a concealable weapon remove the concealable weapon from the business's premises, or any portion of the premises. A person carrying a concealable weapon who refuses to leave a business's premises or portion of the premises when requested or refuses to remove the concealable weapon from a business's premises or portion of the premises when requested may be charged with a violation of subsection (A)." /

Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.

That is great! Thanks to whoever put that together. What I love about it, is it has all the versions.

NOTE: There are some that were absent in the very last vote, that were "nays" during previous versions (although they might have voted "yea" for some a couple of the undesirable versions). Some abstains as well. High chance those same people were up for re-election this year. Don't give them a break! Hold them as accountable as the "nays!"

A word of caution. This does not include every vote that took place with regard to S308. I scored actual votes that had an impact on the bill, and some procedural votes when I thought they were opportunities to catch people on the record. As you noted, in some of them there were no votes and absences that impacted the score given.

I've updated with a link to the entire vote history.

Thank You John..

Wondering why so many voted for to add B1 or was it just to get it to the next iteration?
Glad it didn't come to light.

Thank You John..

Wondering why so many voted for to add B1 or was it just to get it to the next iteration?

There was definitely 1 or 2 versions of the bill that carried some bad content. I think some were willing to accept the price just to get something out there.

Thank You John..

It's hard to say. I'm sure some of them thought it was a good idea. Others thought it would kill the bill.

I'm less concerned about single votes because they don't tell the whole picture. I'm more concerned with the overall score for a given issue.

Anyone whose Senator or Representative scored below their expectations here should be encouraging them to tighten up and fix their voting habits.

Disagree...If these so-called Pro-Gun Groups stopped the harassment of our politicians and allowed this bill to pass we could have worked on it next year to improve it...Some people have no idea how to compromise....They are like children...It has to be all their way or not at all...Well they got what they wanted in the first place "NOT AT ALL"

If they revive this in Jan I will eat my words.....

BTW, you forgot to do something... :biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back