Revolver People

Not a contest... No need for win or lose... Just an awkward sense of humor I have... Maybe comes across wrong...Peace...

Truce, I wasn't trying to sound mad. I was trying to be funny as well. I have been told many times I don't know how to speak on the computer. I use to in the beginning type in CAPS not realizing it meant you were angry who knew. Not mad or offended.

S&w 649

I carry a S&W 649 stainless 38 spl + P (now the 649 is a .357 mag.). It is a bit heavy, but it balances the +P recoil. I just added Crimson Trace grips and love the combination. As an "old" cop and target puncher, I'm dedicated to wheel guns. Of course, I have some autos, but if you know your weapon and are proficient, you don't need a mag of 17 rounds. Well chosen 38 spl. + P ammo with a good eye will take care of any situation that may jump at you. Accuracy vs. volume!

I love my "Smiths" and cannot think of a better revolver on the market.

Kogman

I apoligize, I am a 1911 guy and as I said I am buying my 1st revolver. I can't tell unless I can see them up close and personal. A lot of Taurus' look like S&W's far away and since I was asking about a Taurus in the beginning I just assumed they were Taurus'.

Just being humorous. As you know 1911s and S&W revolvers border on being religious icons!

I must confess that I do own two Ruger hanguns too. They make wonderful sturdy and reliable "working" guns.

Truce, I wasn't trying to sound mad. I was trying to be funny as well. I have been told many times I don't know how to speak on the computer. I use to in the beginning type in CAPS not realizing it meant you were angry who knew. Not mad or offended.

Cool... Please do post the pics of your new toy when you get it... Try and get some close ups so I can ID one from the other.

Peace...

Cool... Please do post the pics of your new toy when you get it... Try and get some close ups so I can ID one from the other.

Peace...

I got it Saturday and will post some pics soon. And again want no issues with anyone here. We have enough enemies as gun owners. At least here in New Jersey a highly demoratic and antigun state. We are brothers and sisters here and need to stick together. Peace

Whoops! I wasn't thinking about non-resident permits. Every now and then I slip and show a shread of optimism! I find "Ektarr's" use of the name "New Jersykstan" to quite entertaining, and unfortunately true. I'm guessing that you may have taken the Florida and Virginia CCW Class in Bristol PA? I shoot with my brother near there, but I live in the Poconos.

Whoops! I wasn't thinking about non-resident permits. Every now and then I slip and show a shread of optimism! I find "Ektarr's" use of the name "New Jersykstan" to quite entertaining, and unfortunately true. I'm guessing that you may have taken the Florida and Virginia CCW Class in Bristol PA? I shoot with my brother near there, but I live in the Poconos.

I think I can top that, how about the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. Yes I do have a Florida and Virginia CCW and correct again I did it at Ready Aim Fire. I hunt in the Pocono's have a friend who lives up there.

My wife has a .357 Ruger SP101 2.25" barrel that she loves. I think it's a nice size...right on the high end of weight that I would want to carry day-after-day though.

I have a titanium S&W 38+P (model 642) that I carry 95% of the time. Weighs 13oz empty. Great little gun with plenty of stopping power...IMHO.

Hey folks just updating since the post was resurrected. Love my Taurus 617 have many rounds through it. Have shot +P's and .357's out of it and must say the .357's are wild shooting. Bought a Bianchi model 3S IWB holster for it and carry it a lot. Love the gun would do it again. Now I am contemplating a Ruger LCR. What do you guys think?

Hello All,
New to the forum but not firearms. I am also new to CCW. Up until now had not seen the need but of late decided that it may be a good idea to get involved. I have alsways been a revolver fan. I have owned and still do have a few autos but I consider them to be a bit more difficult to operae and shoot, revolvers being less so. Right now my first carry gun is the S&W Bodyguard38. As I am sure most of you know it is the new kid on the block and a sort of cousin to the J frame rovolvers. I picked it due to its light weight and built in laser. As with all light snubbies its a bit nasty to shoot but with some pratice and a gloved hand its does well enough for me to keep all five shots on paper at the distance I would consider the furthest away one can get away with. I dont shoot at 21 feet due to the fact in my state your going to have a hard time convincing a judge or jurry that you were in mortal danger and could not flee or hide at that distance between you and your attacker. The gun packs well, has a good DA only pull and is made of stuff you can sweat on and get dirty without worrying about what you are doing to the finish. Price here was about the same as the Ruger LCR with laser grips. With a few hundred rounds of .38 Spl. 158 lead RN ammo through it I can say it seems to be holding up well and will do the job it was disigned for. From here on out I will be shooting my own handloaded JHPs in it and see how that goes.

I sometimes carry a Rossi Model 88 2.5 inch. It's a piece of junk, I know, but if it ever hits the ground-who cares?

I own and carry a Rossi r46102 and I would call it a great little wheelie, it's definitely not a piece of junk. My 461 is built as tightly and with detail for precision as the S&W's and Colts I've seen in use at the range. I would recommend the gun to anyone looking for a .357 with minimal recoil, (the gun wieghs 26.5 oz.), and the gun is very concealable too. :pleasantry:

I carry a S&W 642,loaded with Critical Defense rounds in a front pocket holster. Very comfortable and quickly assessable if needed. It is accurate enough to use with confidence out to about 15 yards,but hey its a Get Off Of Me Gun ..

S&w 686

I would like to carry my 686 (4" barrel). For a gun of this size, my best options seem to be shoulder or crossdraw. Does anyone think strong side is a reasonable alternative (I spend a lot of time sitting)? I would appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks

I own and carry a Rossi r46102 and I would call it a great little wheelie, it's definitely not a piece of junk. My 461 is built as tightly and with detail for precision as the S&W's and Colts I've seen in use at the range. I would recommend the gun to anyone looking for a .357 with minimal recoil, (the gun wieghs 26.5 oz.), and the gun is very concealable too. :pleasantry:

I have a Rossi M877 ( stainless 2" .357 6 shot) Its performance has been flawless and worksmanship excellent. But it does sting the hand a little, even with .38 +P+.

I sometimes carry a Rossi Model 88 2.5 inch. It's a piece of junk, I know, but if it ever hits the ground-who cares?

I beg to differ with you inspector, I own both a S&W Mod. 60/Cheif Spl. w/2 1/4" barrel, and a Rossi 46102 and I carry either/or. My Rossi is as well built as my S&W, and just as reliable. Rossi's are NOT a piece of junk!:yu:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back