Rep. Lummis seeks remedy for South Korean rifles

Red Hat

Lummis seeks firearms legislation

Lummis seeks firearms legislation

CHEYENNE — U.S. Rep. Cynthia Lummis is seeking to stop the federal government from interfering with the legal importation of surplus collectable U.S.-made firearms from South Korea. The Wyoming Republican has joined with Indiana Democratic Rep. Joe Donnelly in introducing a bill called the Collectable Firearms Protection Act.

Lummis’ office says the Obama administration is using the State Department to prevent the importation and sale of collectible, American-made M1 Garand rifles and M1 carbines from South Korea to U.S. citizens. Lummis said such firearms transactions are already regulated by the Justice Department.

The proposed bill removes the State Department and the Defense Department from the regulatory process.

I'm pretty sure I heard the NRA was working on this, and that the premise for not allowing the guns to come home was that they violated the "High capacity" 10 round limit, which they in fact do not. This is what happens when the legislators don't read the laws they write.

I'm pretty sure I heard the NRA was working on this, and that the premise for not allowing the guns to come home was that they violated the "High capacity" 10 round limit, which they in fact do not. This is what happens when the legislators don't read the laws they write.

Interesting premise...considering that limit is on foreign made guns and the M1s were made in the USA.

Interesting premise...considering that limit is on foreign made guns and the M1s were made in the USA.

It's part and parcel for the liberal democrats. They make BANG BANG noise, They must be banned...

"The transfer of such a large number of weapons -- 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines -- could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes,"
"They will fall into the wrong hands". They are in Korea now you mindless A-holes, they are US made rifles they belong here in our hands.. I'm sure the Korean government would be happy to sell them to a high bidder..

"Guns that can take high-capacity magazines are a threat to public safety," said Dennis Henigan of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "Even though they are old, these guns could deliver a great amount of firepower. So I think the Obama administration's concerns are well-taken."
"They violate the high capacity limit"... With a built in 8 round magazine, sure I see the math there. Morons...

I've had the chance to shoot one in excellent condition SN# 58xxxxxx Springfield Armory made. I did very well with it and had this urge to go and get one the moment I left the range...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back