Question.

This doesn't sound right.

His badge told me what county, and when I called I just described the vehicle and asked to speak with whomever was driving it that day...it all worked out though. The police here drive more unmarked cars than the so black and whites. It really isn't unusual, I just wasn't expecting it.
I haven't read every page, but I don't see what state you are in. You got pulled over for a traffic infraction, why did he end up with your CPL card? Since I have no state to base this on but my own. In WA, you have NO duty to inform you have a weapon. If directly asked yes, but still not required to produce your CPL, again unless directly asked for it. The gun has no bearing on the traffic infraction.

Ok I am new to this forum and I am straight out calling this a block of swiss cheese. Nothing makes sense at all. Nothing. Oh I did read the entire thread from page one.

Ok I am new to this forum and I am straight out calling this a block of swiss cheese. Nothing makes sense at all. Nothing. Oh I did read the entire thread from page one.

Welcome, and thank you for having your location. Too many times people ask a gun related question, but we have no idea where they are. The answers can vary greatly based on the location. Without a reference point someone could get themselves in serious trouble if the follow the advice for a different location. I usually try to reiterate when I answer a question that my primary knowledge is for WA state for example.

Ok....I'm really not I just wanted to know if you guys ever had your CC documented. Doesn't matter if you belive me I've found out that NC does document majority of the time when your pulled over.

Welcome, and thank you for having your location. Too many times people ask a gun related question, but we have no idea where they are. The answers can vary greatly based on the location. Without a reference point someone could get themselves in serious trouble if the follow the advice for a different location. I usually try to reiterate when I answer a question that my primary knowledge is for WA state for example.
It's in NC but it's settled I asked a LEO and was told it's not uncommon. Just a formality and I don't care because I'm not doing anything wrong with my CC.

It's in NC but it's settled I asked a LEO and was told it's not uncommon. Just a formality and I don't care because I'm not doing anything wrong with my CC.

"because I'm not doing anything wrong with my CC." And that is exactly why you should care if police are documenting it... because they have no legitimate reason to. You know, just like, "You don't mind if I have a look around, do you? After all, you don't have anything to hide..... do you?"

It's in NC but it's settled I asked a LEO and was told it's not uncommon. .

do yourself a favor and take anything a LEO tells you with a huge grain of salt! cops are in the business of arresting people, actual knowledge of the law is not necessary for them

do yourself a favor and take anything a LEO tells you with a huge grain of salt! cops are in the business of arresting people, actual knowledge of the law is not necessary for them
Yes your right for sure, I was glad the guy was cool with me though. Sorry I got off on the wrong foot with you guys thinking I'm trolling you but I'm not. ANYWAY what's the worst experience you've had with LEO?

"because I'm not doing anything wrong with my CC." And that is exactly why you should care if police are documenting it... because they have no legitimate reason to. You know, just like, "You don't mind if I have a look around, do you? After all, you don't have anything to hide..... do you?"
True, from what I've heard they just attach it information so when your plate is ran for example they know you have a CC.

Ok....I'm really not I just wanted to know if you guys ever had your CC documented. Doesn't matter if you belive me I've found out that NC does document majority of the time when your pulled over.

Nope, involved in a minor MVA while armed. Advised the cop that came to do the report that I had a CHP, and that I was armed, and he said OK. He didn't even want to see my CHP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back