Question.

ItsBryanTho

So I was speeding because a truck cut me off and I flipped him off, well turned out it was an undercover narcotics officer from a different county. I have my CC and was carrying that went fine, and he didn't give me a ticket. He did tho talk alotta of junk about road rage and carrying saying like it should be revoked. I noticed he either took a picture of my cc or my DL with his phone. I shouldn't worry correct? The only thing I did wrong was speed a bit...didn't even get a ticket for it.

Depends on how the LEO deals with this. But I must say that when you are carrying you should never get into a road rage situation! As you found out the hard way, it could be a LEO and you could lose you CCL. Or worse still, it could be someone with a gun who is even more unhinged! It could escalate into a shooting and witnesses could point to you as the aggressor.

But speeding was not the only thing you did wrong. You lost your temper and that is NEVER good when carrying!!!!

My advice, either leave your temper or your gun at home.

Agree with the Professor and vernsimpson. I'll also add that I'm fairly new to carrying and struggle with anger now and then but the more I practice the better I get. I kinda got the idea of de escalating rather than escalating a potential conflict a couple years ago when I honked at a car that didn't start moving a few seconds after the light turned green. Lot's of us do this. Well, this HUGE mean looking guy gets out of the car comes back and looks at the back of his car and it's then I noticed he had his turn signal on and was waiting for traffic to clear so he could make his turn. Then he approached my car and I said 'Sorry, I didn't see your turn signal'. He said, 'Just checking - want to be sure a light isn't out'. and went back to his car. I spent alot of time after that thinking about what if the guy was a badass, had a gun and decided he didn't like the way I looked. Ever since, I try not to honk at cars when they don't take off exactly when the llight turns green.

When we carry, we're supposed to hold ourselves to a higher standard - de escalate rather than escalate situations. I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect at it yet :agree:

So you let an unmarked vehicle pull you over?

Your post got me wondering about what % of police drive unmarked cars since I see them pull people over quite often and have been pulled over myself by them. I didn't find a % anywhere by googling, but came across the law on stopping for unmarked police cars - here's a couple and I would guess most cities / states have similar laws. I can understand the safety issue because a criminal can go out and buy flashing blue and red lights, but I sure don't want to have a bunch of cops chasing me because I didn't pull over:

"Yes. Unmarked police vehicles are equipped with red and blue lights. Most unmarked Idaho Falls Police vehicles display some type of flashing light in the front and rear of the vehicle. If you feel uncomfortable pulling over, acknowledge to the vehicle that you are aware that they are trying to pull you over by waving and slow down. Drive to a well lit area where people are present. If you have a cell phone dial 208-529-1200 and this will connect you with Idaho Falls Police dispatch. Explain to the dispatcher that you are uncomfortable with the situation and the dispatcher will assist you." -City of Idaho Falls

Do I have to stop for an unmarked car displaying red or red & blue lights?

"Yes. Utah law requires that you stop for a vehicle displaying emergency lights or sounding a siren. If you think the vehicle might be someone impersonating a police officer you should call our dispatch center immediately. If the person is out of uniform insist on seeing his badge and identification card. You should ask for the officer's name and police department he/she is employed by. If, after seeing these credentials, you still feel something isn’t right, insist that a marked patrol car come to the scene. Remain in your vehicle until a uniformed officer arrives." -Utah Dept of Public Safety

So I was speeding because a truck cut me off and I flipped him off, well turned out it was an undercover narcotics officer from a different county. I have my CC and was carrying that went fine, and he didn't give me a ticket. He did tho talk alotta of junk about road rage and carrying saying like it should be revoked. I noticed he either took a picture of my cc or my DL with his phone. I shouldn't worry correct? The only thing I did wrong was speed a bit...didn't even get a ticket for it.

Well, the thing is that speeding wasn't the only thing you did wrong. You flipped him off, which indicates more anger than you should have about anything while driving, let alone carrying a weapon.

The only thing I did wrong was speed a bit...didn't even get a ticket for it.

Yeah, no.

Speeding isn’t the only thing you did wrong; you escalated an altercation on the road while you were carrying a gun.

What if that wasn’t a cop you flipped off? What if it was some other road rager with a gun who decided to take exception to your actions and show you who was boss. It happens everyday.

If you insist on antagonizing folks out on the highway I can promise you that if you do it long enough will bite you.

When it does if you have to use a gun to cash the check you wrote with your mouth you're going to play Hell justifying your actions as self defense

The OP joined this forum and another similar one just this month (only 4 days old) to post this same story. Anyone else suspicious or am I just paranoid of the anti's tactics?

No man I was seriously asking. I did find out that they like to document when they pull over CC but I asked a police sergeant and he said don't worry about it. So I'll just keep my speed in check and NOT flip off fellow motorists. Thank you guys for the warm welcome. What do you carry on a daily basis??

Sorry didn't mean to leave that impression, I actually really just wanted to know if it's happened to you(had your ID's photo graphed).

Sorry didn't mean to leave that impression, I actually really just wanted to know if it's happened to you(had your ID's photo graphed).

Why would the police photograph someone's ID when they can get a copy of it? Why would you allow some unkown person to photograph your ID? Why would an undercover narcotics office break cover to pull you over?

Story has a more holes than a swiss cheese

Why would the police photograph someone's ID when they can get a copy of it? Why would you allow some unkown person to photograph your ID? Why would an undercover narcotics office break cover to pull you over?

Story has a more holes than a swiss cheese
Break cover lol he was in a different county on a highway. I don't care if you belive me or not.

The first rules of PP are AWARENESS, AVOIDANCE, DETERRENCE, DE-ESCALATION, WITHDRAWAL. Can you guess how many you broke? Until you can control your temper and your finger leave your gun home. And in some states flipping the bird is real trouble.
Penal § 240.20 Disorderly conduct.
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof:
3. In a public place, he uses abusive or obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture.

Several years ago while driving through another state was pulled over by unmarked car with a guy in uniform (PD), robbed, no longer pull over for unmarked cars period uniform or no, they can call ahead and have marked cars stop me, wife does not pull over either, trying to pull me over in an un-marked car will lead to an interesting outcome.

Several years ago while driving through another state was pulled over by unmarked car with a guy in uniform (PD), robbed, no longer pull over for unmarked cars period uniform or no, they can call ahead and have marked cars stop me, wife does not pull over either, trying to pull me over in an un-marked car will lead to an interesting outcome.
Oh yeah done that too I've called dispatch before and I just put my flashers on and go slow....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back