Question.

My but that story just keeps changing. Why would an undercover cop be doing traffic stops?

Troll and not even a good one
HE DIDN'T. Why do you think I wasn't ticketed?

Never carry a firearm or knife if you have anger management issues. I suppose we all seethe a bit from time to time but that is simply our egos pouting.

Yeah for sure. I'm actually a very calm person I'm not known to "fly off the handle" I calm situations down really
Just keep that finger retracted. If you are the initiator of a conflict or participate in the escalation thereof you generally can't invoke affirmative defenses. You're possibly seen as equally responsible.

This is a carry forum, yet we still haven't heard which gun was carried in which holster and in which state/county this happened.

A few comments though. There are LEOs in plainclothes that drive in unmarked, but tricked out, police cars and that do investigate narcotics (and other) crimes. However, they are not undercover agents. A plainclothes LEO is required to identify himself as LEO when using police powers. I have seen a number of traffic stops recently in my area that included marked and unmarked police cars.

The presented situation indicates a general lack of understanding about the development of conflict situations. If you can't keep your cool when someone cuts you off in traffic then you are already playing the stupid game and you will win at some point in your life the stupid price. Get a hobby that helps you with relieving your general frustration in life. Learn that backing off (deescalation) is part of self defense.

In these types of traffic situations, when someone cuts me off or drives ridiculously slow in the left lane, I immediately try to maintain some good safety distance as the other driver can easily be on a road rage trip, drunk or high, or just not aware of the situation. In any case, I will not risk damage to my property or my well-being to make a point, get involved in stupid games, or become a victim of an avoidable situation.

Gotta ask what undercover cop drives a vehicle that's tricked out with lights and sirens?

Probably a car that was confiscated from a drug dealer. I know a neighboring county does that as they even use it as a warning to dealers, "sell drugs and we will be driving your ride". They have had some high-end SUV, and a Corvette in their inventory. Saw a nice high end F150 that was marked with Sheriff dept logo on the door, but across the top of the windshield it said "Confiscated Drug Vehicle".

Now would I pull over for a Escalade with dark tint and huge rims/tires. Nope, turn on 4-way, drive slow, and call 911 asking that a marked car with a uniformed officer be dispatched, at which time I will pull over, or just drive to the police dept/sheriff dept if close.

Why would the police photograph someone's ID when they can get a copy of it? Why would you allow some unkown person to photograph your ID? Why would an undercover narcotics office break cover to pull you over?

Story has a more holes than a swiss cheese

Sounds like you're on this guy's personal shieeet list. Since he had no other way of remembering your name- being that he did not write you a ticket. Not to mention the mental psych out effect- of him taking a pic of your ID- was meant to convey: I've got my eye on you, so just straighten up. Perhaps- he did not write you a ticket because he is not allowed to pull you over in an unmarked car - as someone mentioned earlier. Perhaps he was in a hurry to get somewhere and did not have time to call your plates in/look you up- and took the pic to look you up in more detail later on.

Yes, they get in trouble for looking someone up- without reason- so i'm not sure as to the legalities of this- but whether he is allowed to or not- plenty of them do anyways.

I just finished reading the rest of the thread-

How did you know he was from a different county?

It is highly unlikely that, upon calling a PD, they would give you the contact info of one of their detectives that is in vice. And the fact that you now know, that such a conspicuous car- a tricked out ESCALADE w/ BLUE lights is driving around doing uncover stings- why would they supply you with additional info that would only hurt their operation?

Do you know why these guys drive around in unmarked cars, that look like "drug dealers' " cars? Its because they are undercover. They went to drive and perform in environments where they blend in. They or their guys- go do drug deal stings. For him to give his info to you- you're very likely to tell your friends (just as you did on this forum) - that, hey, btw- such and such car is actually an undercover narc's car.
It seems very unlikely that you would know that he was from a different county. And how in the world did you know his name? They don't drive around with a name tag.

So I was speeding because a truck cut me off and I flipped him off, well turned out it was an undercover narcotics officer from a different county. I have my CC and was carrying that went fine, and he didn't give me a ticket. He did tho talk alotta of junk about road rage and carrying saying like it should be revoked. I noticed he either took a picture of my cc or my DL with his phone. I shouldn't worry correct? The only thing I did wrong was speed a bit...didn't even get a ticket for it.

I went to the other forum to get some more information on this. This apparently happened in NC.

Now, here are my questions. How did this went down? You flipped this guy off and he went behind you and puts his lights on? You stopped on the side of the road and the person approached you? He informed you that he is a police officer and of the reason for stopping you? Then what? Did you asked for or did he show identification? Did you carry openly or concealed. When did you hand over your carry permit. What were you carrying anyway and how? Are you willing to share any of this?

Several years ago while driving through another state was pulled over by unmarked car with a guy in uniform (PD), robbed, no longer pull over for unmarked cars period uniform or no, they can call ahead and have marked cars stop me, wife does not pull over either, trying to pull me over in an un-marked car will lead to an interesting outcome.

It isn't that uncommon to see stories of fake cops trying to pull people over, or more likely, to sexually assault good looking women. Most departments even advise that you should never pull over for unmarked vehicles, especially a damn pimp mobile like an Escalade with dark tint and huge rims.

For those going off on the undercover thing, plainclothes != undercover and an unmarked police car != an undercover car. I am pretty sure this LEO performs drug and prostitution stings that don't require a cover, such as a fake ID, but the ability to not be identified as a LEO from a mile away. It would be outright stupid to be undercover in a car that has police lights installed and to identify as a LEO in a non-crime situation.

If he pulled the OP over and identified himself as a LEO, why didn't he just called for the DL and permit info in? There is an invention for that, it's called a cell phone. The carry permit could have been revoked and there could have been an arrest warrant out. My guess is, if this really happened this way, that the LEO was just pissed off and had to vent somehow.

It isn't that uncommon to see stories of fake cops trying to pull people over, or more likely, to sexually assault good looking women. Most departments even advise that you should never pull over for unmarked vehicles, especially a damn pimp mobile like an Escalade with dark tint and huge rims.

This should be the topic of this thread. We had two recent reports of fake cops doing traffic stops in my area.

It is highly unlikely that, upon calling a PD, they would give you the contact info of one of their detectives that is in vice. And the fact that you now know, that such a conspicuous car- a tricked out ESCALADE w/ BLUE lights is driving around doing uncover stings- why would they supply you with additional info that would only hurt their operation?

Do you know why these guys drive around in unmarked cars, that look like "drug dealers' " cars? Its because they are undercover. They went to drive and perform in environments where they blend in. They or their guys- go do drug deal stings. For him to give his info to you- you're very likely to tell your friends (just as you did on this forum) - that, hey, btw- such and such car is actually an undercover narc's car.
It seems very unlikely that you would know that he was from a different county. And how in the world did you know his name? They don't drive around with a name tag.

I have know some undercover cops, yeas ago a neighbor who was a deputy went undercover, and they sure as hell ain't going to break their cover unless it is a life and death situation. It effects their whole family, and they have to be very careful in their off duty life, in addition to when on duty. For a traffic stop in a different county, no effing way is an undercover cop going to break cover, they work very hard to protect their cover, as it puts them and their family in jeopardy.

Any druggie, dealer or user is going to notice a tricked out Escalade with blue lights and the word is going to spread.

So I was speeding because a truck cut me off..
help me out here, the reason you were speeding is because a truck cut you off? please elaborate.
and I flipped him off,
it's rarely a good idea to initiate a confrontation with anyone when carrying a firearm, it rarely works out well
well turned out it was an undercover narcotics officer from a different county. I have my CC and was carrying that went fine, and he didn't give me a ticket. He did tho talk alotta of junk about road rage and carrying saying like it should be revoked. I noticed he either took a picture of my cc or my DL with his phone. I shouldn't worry correct? The only thing I did wrong was speed a bit...didn't even get a ticket for it.

you're lucky that he didn't arrest you for being an AHOLE in a no AHOLE zone.

His badge told me what county, and when I called I just described the vehicle and asked to speak with whomever was driving it that day...it all worked out though. The police here drive more unmarked cars than the so black and whites. It really isn't unusual, I just wasn't expecting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back