Question for all, what do you use for home defense?

Springfield Loaded Champion 1911 loaded with 185gr Golden Sabers, a spare mag next to the gun, along with a Surefire 9P and a small fixed blade knife ...

First choice in the sleeping chamber is an AR. Back-up is a hand gun. The other primary livining space has an 870 in a discrete location.

12 guage shotgun my side, .38 revolver her side in bedroom.

Front part of house is 20 guage shotgun and another .38 for her. Both of hers have crimson trace lasers.

When I'm not dressed to go outside add my carry gun of the day on my chothes chair in a special holster I made to fit along the back. Either the glock 27 or .357 revolver.

Not that big of a house, but I figured sleeping area, where we spend lots of time and near front door and garage door are covered with quick access.

Back door is covered with two barking dogs, thought they will lick first and ask questions later.

Last edited:
got my custom 1911..and a flashlight, handmade katana on the tv, just put a door chime on the front door
( i don't have a back door ) and the speaker is next to the bed...wireless set up for 30$ at lowes..and you can hook it to more than one door....the minute that door cracks a half inch it's playin a tune in the bedroom!! and I'm locked and loaded..

Wife gets the Stroger 12ga Coach gun and I have a Colt Defender 45. I figure she will hear anything first and the shotgun blast will wake me up. 45's real handy in night stand. Others scattered around house strategically.

what do you use for home defense?

We use a five pound Chihuahua with a thirty pound mouth as the first stage. Our dogs are hearing assist dogs, and the male is very territorial and sounds off at unsual sounds. I have my SA XD-45 with 14 rounds of 180 gr JHP ammo, and my wife has a Rossi 5-shot .38 spl stoked with with 125 gr JHPs. We also each have a cell phone at arm's length at all times, as well as a great police department and sheriff's department who do a good job of patrolling the area at all times.

For me I go for the Taurus 44 Mag with a 6 and a half inch barrel. And when you shoot with that you dont even have to hit him... but the sound and the foot of flames that come out the barrel will do the job....

38. revolver under the pillow with two speed loaders. Aluminum bat on her side. 32.semi above the closet entrance. Pepper spray in the bed side drawer.:biggrin:

the first would be my mossberg 500, just the sound of it racking will deter most burglars. next the kahr p9 in my nightstand. next my wifes beretta 92fs in her night stand. we have a 2 story house so the perp would have to come upstairs to get to us.

An old 1930's vintage .45 Smith & Wesson 1917 revolver with Glaser Safety Slugs. It was one of the Brazilian contract revolvers that came back to this country in the 1980's. I figure seeing that big hole might stop things from happening, and the news media couldn't say much about a 70 year old gun.

Colt combat commander in cal .45, Mossberg 500 a w/ alternating rounds of 00 buck and sabot slugs. Also have a Mosin - Nagant in 7.62 x 54R loaded w/ 203 gr hps...........Really do not want to be the victim.

our first line other than locking up the doors and windows are my stoeger cougar 8040, or my ruger p89 9mm, that are within arms reach, and those are just to make my way to the closet to get my mossy 500 persuader 12 ga loaded with 00 buck. the wife also has her pink lady .38 spl handy. we also have other weapons strategically placed within our domicile.

A .40 caliber Taurus 24 7 Pro DS with Speer 180gr JHP Gold Dots, and lots of um. Oh, and a Mag lite mini, so I can see what I'm do'n. :secret:

I have my .40cal on my bedside table, my 9mm next to my computer and soon a .45cal on me when outside the home. (don't know what I'm getting yet)

I have a 12 guage pump that trumps them all for home defense, Bertha the boomstick!:pleasantry:
I agree though with the other poster, whatever firearm is the closest at the moment.:sarcastic:

We have video cams on each corner of the house, recording 23 hours and 59 minutes a day, with 100 feet of night vision. Then in the house there is me, have 40s&w on me from the time I wake till the time I go to bed if not on my hip it's hanging from my shoulder, plus we have two Alaskan Malamutes, one weighs in at 185 lbs the other at 140 lbs. I sleep with a 9mm by the bed, there are other guns around the house that the Mrs and I can get to if needed. Because of the dogs there are night lights in almost every room of the house. And on top of that we live in a pretty good neighborhood, not that I count on that as you can tell.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back