Pray for Glenn Beck...he may be going blind!

Glenn Beck said that he's so tired. He recently learned that there is a chance that he could be blind in a year, so he has so much on his plate with his health concerns, his radio program and his Fox News program. He told his audience that when the doctor gave him the diagnosis of macular dystrophy that he told God, "It's okay if you need my eyes, Lord. Thank you for letting me have them this long". What faith! He is such an inspiration. Please pray for him and his family. I can hardly believe that this is happening to such a nice man! :fie:

Glenn Beck said that he's so tired. He recently learned that there is a chance that he could be blind in a year, so he has so much on his plate with his health concerns, his radio program and his Fox News program. He told his audience that when the doctor gave him the diagnosis of macular dystrophy that he told God, "It's okay if you need my eyes, Lord. Thank you for letting me have them this long". What faith! He is such an inspiration. Please pray for him and his family. I can hardly believe that this is happening to such a nice man! :fie:

Exodus 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Prayers sent.

Off topic a little but is there some sort of Feud between him and O'Reilly?

I don't think so, SC. They have done the "Bold, Fresh Tour" together and Glenn is often a guest on O'Reilly's show. They do have a way of bantering back and forth, but it's lighthearted and they share a mutual respect.

scripture tells us that Paul prayed three times to have his "thorn in the flesh" removed and three times the Lord told him his grace is sufficient. Although we do not know for sure what his thorn in the flesh was many scholars believe it may have been a problem with his eye sight. Losing ones sight would be very hard to endure. I am glad he his his faith to get him through what ever happens.

I've been praying for him. what he is doing is a mission from God..

and you know.. I also sent him an email. when I was 7 years old I was diagnosed with the juvenile form of macular degeneration which is very similar to macular distrophy. I found out about an acupuncture center that specializes in treating diseases of the macula. I went there 2 years ago to try it out.. and guess what? it actually helped. after a week of treatments I could see things in a bit better detail, and better color also. but at about 1000 dollars per week of treatments I just can't do it so often.. and if you don't do it regularly your eyes will start to go back the way they were.

anyway. I called down there to find out if that treatment helps macular distrophy also and I was told yes it does.. so I sent Glenn Beck a letter. I only hope and pray that he actually gets to read it. because the differences is that he can actually afford the treatments and there is over a 95% success rate. from some one like him who was recently diagnosed and hasn't lost much vision yet the treatment will stop the disease from progressing.

That was such a thoughtful thing for you to do, Scarecrow. I HAVE to believe that his crew will make sure that he gets your correspondence. Be assured that God will reward your kindness toward a complete stranger! :pleasantry:

That was such a thoughtful thing for you to do, Scarecrow. I HAVE to believe that his crew will make sure that he gets your correspondence. Be assured that God will reward your kindness toward a complete stranger! :pleasantry:

thanks CW&M
I hope that you are right. God's will be done of course... but since I was diagnosed at age 7 every single doctor told me the same thing... nothing can be done. no treatments. no surgeries. but then again what do they know? they are only dealing with western medicine here. so when my brother-in-law told me he was going to search for something that would help, I told him thanks, but you won't find anything... then the next day I get this email with a center that deals with what I have. so when I saw beck's show the other day when he played a clip of him starting to tear up saying how much he loves to read, and told what he was diagnosed with, I jumped to the computer and wrote a letter as fast as I could. I just really support what he is doing and believe God is protecting him to do this work. so whatever help I can give. I'll gladly do it.

thanks CW&M
I hope that you are right. God's will be done of course... but since I was diagnosed at age 7 every single doctor told me the same thing... nothing can be done. no treatments. no surgeries. but then again what do they know? they are only dealing with western medicine here. so when my brother-in-law told me he was going to search for something that would help, I told him thanks, but you won't find anything... then the next day I get this email with a center that deals with what I have. so when I saw beck's show the other day when he played a clip of him starting to tear up saying how much he loves to read, and told what he was diagnosed with, I jumped to the computer and wrote a letter as fast as I could. I just really support what he is doing and believe God is protecting him to do this work. so whatever help I can give. I'll gladly do it.

Man proposes but God disposes.

I wouldn't wish this heart breaking condition upon anyone.

I would rather Glen Beck were to go mute, then blind.

I can't stand his show. He is the worst of the right wing entertainers. IMO.

I wish Mr Beck and his family the best.

May GOD Bless and keep him. There are many in this world that would like to see harm him and wish him ill.
Every day we pray for him. Every day we pray for our country and the politicans that are in charge. Our prayers go out at every DL and MASS for our "leaders" and OUR Country.

I wish some peoples; fingers would fall off...
and I mean that in a good christian way:p

Soooo...What person would you watch if they had their own show?

Soooo...What person would you watch if they had their own show?

You mean political entertainment shows? Fuhgetaboutit . Waste of time.

On the Discovery Channel Wings program I would like to see;
Harrison Ford giving technical overviews and explain flight procedures in the General Aviation aircraft he owns, and flies.

Harrison knows how to work the cameras better then Ronald Regan, and unlike the gipper is a very intelligent man. Harrison knows the difference between a Lunkenheimer valve, and a empennage in an aircraft. I could care less what his political views are.

Ford is a private pilot of both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters, and owns an 800-acre (3.2 km²) ranch in Jackson, Wyoming, approximately half of which he has donated as a nature reserve. On several occasions, Ford has personally provided emergency helicopter services at the behest of local authorities, in one instance rescuing a hiker overcome by dehydration.[33]

Ford began flight training in the 1960s at Wild Rose Airport in Wild Rose, Wisconsin, flying in a Piper PA-22 Tri-Pacer, but at $15 an hour he was unable to continue the training. His interest returned in the mid-1990s when he bought a used Gulfstream II and asked one of his pilots, Terry Bender, to give him flying lessons. They started flying a Cessna 182 out of Jackson, Wyoming. He later switched to Teterboro, New Jersey, flying a Cessna 206, the aircraft he soloed in.

On October 23, 1999, Harrison Ford was involved in the crash of a Bell 206L4 LongRanger helicopter (N36R). The NTSB accident report states that Ford was piloting the aircraft over the Lake Piru riverbed near Santa Clarita, California, on a routine training flight. While making his second attempt at an autorotation with powered recovery Ford allowed the aircraft's altitude to drop to 150–200 feet before beginning power up. As a result the aircraft was unable to recover power before hitting the ground. The aircraft landed hard and began skidding forward in the loose gravel before one of its skids struck a partially embedded log and flipped onto its side. Neither Ford nor the instructor pilot suffered any injuries though the helicopter was seriously damaged. When asked about the incident by fellow pilot James Lipton in an interview on the TV show Inside the Actor's Studio Ford replied "I broke it."[34]

Ford owns various aircraft:

de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver (N28S)
Aviat A-1B Husky (N6HY)
Cessna 525B CitationJet 3 (N5GU)
Beechcraft B36TC Bonanza
Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
1929-vintage Waco Taperwing
Bell 407
Cessna Citation Sovereign
Previous aircraft:

Gulfstream II
Gulfstream IV-SP
Pilatus PC-12

Ford keeps his aircraft at Santa Monica Airport, though the Bell 407 is often kept and flown in Jackson, Wyoming, and has been used by the actor in two mountain rescues during the actor's assigned duty time assisting the Teton County Search and Rescue. On one of the rescues Ford recovered a hiker who had become lost and disoriented. She boarded Ford's Bell 407 and promptly vomited into one of the rescuers' caps (she says it was not Ford's cap), unaware of who the pilot was until much later, saying, "I can't believe I barfed in Harrison Ford's helicopter!"

Ford flies his de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver (N28S) more than any of his other aircraft, and although he dislikes showing favoritism, he has repeatedly stated that he likes this aircraft and the sound of its Pratt & Whitney R-985 radial engine. Ford first encountered the Beaver while filming Six Days Seven Nights, and soon purchased one. Kenmore Air in Kenmore, Washington, restored Ford's yellow and green Beaver — a junked former U.S. military aircraft — with updated avionics and an upgraded engine. According to Ford, it had been flown in the CIA's Air America operations, and was riddled with bullet holes, which had to be patched up.[35] He uses it regularly for impromptu fly-ins at remote airports and bush strips, as well as gatherings with other Beaver owners and pilots.

In March 2004, Ford officially became chairman of the Young Eagles program of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA). Ford was asked to take the position by Greg Anderson, Senior Vice President of the EAA at the time, to replace General Charles "Chuck" Yeager who was vacating the post that he had held for many years. Ford at first was hesitant, but later accepted the offer and has made appearances with the Young Eagles at the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh gathering at Oshkosh, Wisconsin for two years. In July 2005 at the gathering in Oshkosh Ford agreed to accept the position for another two years. Ford has flown over 280 children as part of the Young Eagles program, usually in his DHC-2 Beaver, which can seat the actor and five children. Ford is involved with the EAA chapter in Driggs, Idaho, just over the mountains from Jackson, Wyoming.

As of 2009, Ford appears in Web advertisements for General Aviation Serves America, a campaign by advocacy group AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association).[36]

Ford is an Honorary Board Member of the humanitarian aviation organization Wings of Hope.[37]

He has also flown as an invited VIP with the Blue Angels.

Harrison Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back