Police Banned From Denny’s For Guns

A big "good for you" to the Chief. If businesses do not want ANYONE with a gun on their site then we should do what the Chief did and bow to their wishes. I know some will say that we are surrendering our 2 A rights but I believe that we are only respecting the business's rights. They do have the right to serve who they please and I have the right to go elsewhere. I have never been asked to remove my gun or to leave to date. Here in MN the sign does not carry any legal weight. I know many who only put the sign up to pacify some people who are uncomfortable around guns. They "think" that the sign keeps guns out. :haha:

A big "good for you" to the Chief. If businesses do not want ANYONE with a gun on their site then we should do what the Chief did and bow to their wishes. I know some will say that we are surrendering our 2 A rights but I believe that we are only respecting the business's rights. They do have the right to serve who they please and I have the right to go elsewhere. I have never been asked to remove my gun or to leave to date. Here in MN the sign does not carry any legal weight. I know many who only put the sign up to pacify some people who are uncomfortable around guns. They "think" that the sign keeps guns out. :haha:

Someone who says we are giving up our 2A Right by letting Denny's make its own rules for its own private property, doesn't understand why the 2A was written and what it protects.

Now the cops know how the "civilian" feels when our rights are stepped on :p

I agree with the chief, take your business elsewhere.

Wow! Never thought I'd ever see ANY business ban gun-carrying cops!

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

I guess they would welcome a gun or two if they were being robbed! Wonder how they would feel if the police chief said we can't help because we can't come on your property with our guns! People don't want to see a gun until they themselves are being accosted! Funny how that works!

wow i think denny's management was foolish and stupid for doing that ......really really stupid i won't eat there again

The manager fails to realize that banning guns in the restaurant only tells criminals, "come rob us, rape us, and kill us, we are all unarmed, easy targets." An armed criminal is not going to abide by their anti-gun policy.

Police Banned From Denny’s For Guns

I always kind liked Denny's because the one near me in CA (when I was stationed out there) serves bottles beer. Always thought that was funny. But this Mgr. is a royal jackass

What's all the hoopla about? I see no difference in a business that bans armed LEOs, then one that bans armed citizens.

One is equally myopic as the other...

"Hello, 9-1-1? This is the Belleville Denny's! We're being robbed!"

"Hello? Hello? WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!!??"

tom

The Dennys manager already said it was a mistake and apologized. Cops are allowed to carry there again.

But Im willing to bet when that Dennys manager calls 911, the police might just take their time in responding

Now the cops know how the "civilian" feels when our rights are stepped on :p

I'll agree with Firefighterchen that it's really not about having their rights stepped on, but my gut instinct was to laugh out loud when I saw the title of the thread, and I thought to myself, "That's cool. Cops should be taken down a notch and treated exactly like other citizens, because that's all they are after all."

I also have no problem with the Chief's decision, but I did read where Corporate Denny's gave an apology, and I have to wonder if the local Manager stood his ground or was "convinced" by Corporate to join in that apology. If it's the latter, the Chief may be being a bit too enthusiastic in teaching them a "lesson." The Manager may have thought s/he was doing the bidding of Corporate.

The linked blurb is pretty thin on details though, so I'm just thinking out loud here. I really don't care at all, as I don't eat at Denny's and I don't volunteer interactions with cops. LOL

Blues

Actually, you are wrong on them having a right to serve whomever they want. They do not. That changed back in the 60s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back