Pepper Spray

sambo42xa

USA Carry Supporter
Sorry, I do not have time right now to go "searching" for the answer here or FL forum section. I need to give my mother an answer. She lives in FL (Daytona) and was asking about getting Pepper Spray. Can she purchase or does she need a permit/lisence etc.? Also, obviously a gun shop for this, correct?
thnx for your time.

She can walk in and buy it anywhere it's sold or she can order it online and have it shipped to her. No license needed to carry it but it can be no larger than 2 oz.

This is arguably the best stuff going - Link Removed

790.01 Carrying concealed weapons.—
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) This section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm pursuant to the provisions of s. 790.06.
(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.

(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
(5) This section does not preclude any prosecution for the use of an electric weapon or device, a dart-firing stun gun, or a self-defense chemical spray during the commission of any criminal offense under s. 790.07, s. 790.10, s. 790.23, or s. 790.235, or for any other criminal offense.

790.001 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires:
(b) “Tear gas gun” or “chemical weapon or device” means any weapon of such nature, except a device known as a “self-defense chemical spray.” “Self-defense chemical spray” means a device carried solely for purposes of lawful self-defense that is compact in size, designed to be carried on or about the person, and contains not more than two ounces of chemical.

Sorry, I do not have time right now to go "searching" for the answer here or FL forum section.

So, you're willing to trust your mother's freedom to a buch of anonymous internet posters? Or she so urgently needs the pepper spray that you have to tell her right now?

If things are that dire perhaps she needs a gun instead

Sorry, I do not have time right now to go "searching" for the answer here or FL forum section.

So, you're willing to trust your mother's freedom to a buch of anonymous internet posters? Or she so urgently needs the pepper spray that you have to tell her right now?

If things are that dire perhaps she needs a gun instead

Guess nobody ever told you, not to answer a question with a question.... The OP asked a question, not for your criticism!

I agree, don't depend on an internet forum for definitive answers to defensive questions. "I don't have time to do it myself" comes off as arrogant and selfish, in my opinion. It infers that the poster's time is more valuable than ours.

screw the pepper spray get her some wasp spray, u can carry it anywhere and it will shoot farther and burn more than pepper spray. plus its cheaper and noone will look twice at it. i told my grandmother who lives alone to have some just in case. ive been told by a few friends and leo's its just as effective as what they have plus u get a huge bottle of the stuff and there is no law against using it. ( well FL might have one, but i doubt it)

screw the pepper spray get her some wasp spray, u can carry it anywhere and it will shoot farther and burn more than pepper spray. plus its cheaper and noone will look twice at it. i told my grandmother who lives alone to have some just in case. ive been told by a few friends and leo's its just as effective as what they have plus u get a huge bottle of the stuff and there is no law against using it. ( well FL might have one, but i doubt it)

As I mentioned earlier, this is the danger in trusting your freedom to an internet lawyer. There is a federal law against using a product such as wasp spray in a manner inconsistant w/ its labeling and it is printed right on the can

Guess nobody ever told you, not to answer a question with a question.... The OP asked a question, not for your criticism!
My, My, pissy aren't we?

You apparently didn't read the statute I provided.
vqnldy_th.jpg
Not only would it violate FS 790.01 wasp spray contains Pyrethrin. That chemical is known to be hazardous to humans and wasp spray cans are labeled such. There is also the warning that comes first on the can – “It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it’s labeling”.
2nqhdhk_th.jpg

Sorry, I do not have time right now to go "searching" for the answer here or FL forum section. I need to give my mother an answer. She lives in FL (Daytona) and was asking about getting Pepper Spray. Can she purchase or does she need a permit/lisence etc.? Also, obviously a gun shop for this, correct?
thnx for your time.

If licensed concealed handguns are legal in Florida, then it would seem logical for people to also be allowed to legally carry pepper spray as a less than lethal force alternative.

I'm not keeping up on Floridas laws though.

Thank you all for your comments. There are alot of things I do know and some I do not know. I asked a simple question and got the answer I was looking for from.....SGB. All the other comments were not neccesary because they did not answer the question, but instead suggested on me that I'm wasting peoples time; shouldn't be taking advice from the "internet lawyer", etc. That's all fair to say because it is your opinion/s too. But to knock someone not knowing their situation is kind of childish. The only wasting peoples time going on that I see are the ones who don't answer questions. I'm a grown man and know not to take advice from the "internet lawyer". I had a situation that arose and needed and answer fairly quick which is why I asked. Thank you SGB for the simple answer. I'll do my searches next time so I don't waste anyones time or space anymore.
thnx again SGB.

Wasp spray for self defense is a bad idea. It is a myth! Stick with the Pepper Spray. Wasp spray is unproven and has never been tested on humans. Wasp Spray will NOT work on those who cannot feel pain i.e. drugs or alcohol. Pepper Spray is an inflammatory which will cause the eyes to slam shut no matter the situation. That’s why over 40,000 law enforcement agencies carry it nationwide and even the smallest canisters will fire 10 ft while the larger canisters will fire 25 to 30 ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back