online ccw in Va.?

doubt it. With security, law enforcement, & military training, i've probably sat thru more hours of course time than you have even holding a gun. i've completed level iv training, and worked in the field 23 years.

lol

Virginia training requirements

When I applied for a permit in VA (in 2004), my hunter safety course, taken in another state 10 - 15 years prior, was accepted as sufficient training and it really didn't discuss handguns. Idaho also accepted it as sufficient training.

I had to take the NRA Basic Pistol course after I moved to CO since my training was more than 10 years old.

online ccw

just a thought, that maybe hasn't been thought of... when doing a course online, you can re-watch each segment, or a part that was more difficult, until you understand. A lot of people specially women don't like to ask question in live classes, cause they don't want to feel stupid. This eliminates this... Online courses are the way of the future, many people thought you couldn't get a degree online either...

If the training is good, then the training is good... it doesnt matter if its online or live!

the best online training out there...

Link Removed Link Removed

WOW Really...

Why would you want to take an online course? Learning online without hands on experience does not teachn how to you anything. I have a CWP and went about it the old way of needing the good ol know how. This does not prote "Responsible Ownership". If anything it put yourself, your loved ones and innocent peoiple at risk. Learn how to shoot and learn how to control the muzzle. Dont take advice from those who think its ok to use an AK47 to defend your house either. Maybe ill buy a Strike Harrier for home defense!

Good luck with it. I hope the broads at least learn which end the bullet comes out of. Does the training course from the Maryland State Police count also?
Link Removed
I thought there was a test at the end, but you just read it all then print out the training certificate.
Guess I'm just old fashioned.

No need for that language on this site.

Why would you want to take an online course? Learning online without hands on experience does not teachn how to you anything. I have a CWP and went about it the old way of needing the good ol know how. This does not prote "Responsible Ownership". If anything it put yourself, your loved ones and innocent peoiple at risk. Learn how to shoot and learn how to control the muzzle. Dont take advice from those who think its ok to use an AK47 to defend your house either. Maybe ill buy a Strike Harrier for home defense!

How do you explain the "lack of blood spilling all over the streets of" say, New Hampshire for example, one of many states that don't require training for a concealed weapon, at least the course (online) teaches the applicants SOMETHING.

Its people like you that causes many in politics to think its OK to put restrictions on rights and weapons.

How do you explain the "lack of blood spilling all over the streets of" say, New Hampshire for example, one of many states that don't require training for a concealed weapon, at least the course (online) teaches the applicants SOMETHING.

Its people like you that causes many in politics to think its OK to put restrictions on rights and weapons.

+1

We all have a God given right to self defense:

"Jesus said, 'But now whoever has a purse or a bag, must take it and whoever does not have a sword must sell his cloak and buy one.'"
- Luke 22:36

This right was acknowledged by our founding fathers in the 2nd amendment:

"...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

There are no training requirements for the knives that I carry, or the ball bat that can become a lethal weapon. Permits are merely a way for the governmental powers to track us citizens and collect more taxes.

Quality Online Instruction

I was very pleased that site allowed me to take the course to satisfy my city's requirements at my convenience. It also provided valuable information that many may not know. I think many people take this course for that same reason. I have been using handguns all of my life but this course answered the few questions I had and provided me the certificate I needed.

Those who need or want the hands training can take a course in a classroom.

My $.02

I am a female and took offense to some of these comments. I was going to take an online class to get my CCW but WV says you have to do live fire. So I did. My reasoning behind taking the online class is because I have experience with handguns and for convience. If I had taken the onlineclass it does not make me an idiot. I just felt like women were being sterotyped!! You never know some women may be able to handle and shoot a gun better than some men!

I didn't take the course because I have many NRA certificates. VA Law says ANY NRA course demonstrates competency.

The online courses are valid and it says so specifically in the VA website

I have a VA Non-resident permit...I don't even have a resident permit in my state because VA makes it so easy/affordable

Thanks, all, for bringing this thread back to life, because I missed it in 2009! I was considering renewing my New Hampshire permit for $100, but getting a Virginia permit for an extra $30 or so, is much better for me. I will have to look up Arizona's requirements and see if this type of training qualifies under their new 2010 requirements.

Thanks, all, for bringing this thread back to life, because I missed it in 2009! I was considering renewing my New Hampshire permit for $100, but getting a Virginia permit for an extra $30 or so, is much better for me. I will have to look up Arizona's requirements and see if this type of training qualifies under their new 2010 requirements.

AZ will take any NRA class...hunter safety...or if you already have a permit that required training a copy of that will suffice.

Link Removed

There are two Virginia on-line trainings mentioned on this thread. Does anybody have any preferences between the two? I know one is $10 less, but if the more expensive one is more used friendly, that may be well worth it.

There are two Virginia on-line trainings mentioned on this thread. Does anybody have any preferences between the two? I know one is $10 less, but if the more expensive one is more used friendly, that may be well worth it.

I'd suggest taking the MD course mentioned in Post #11....it's free...and according to VA statute should qualify.

I'd suggest taking the MD course mentioned in Post #11....it's free...and according to VA statute should qualify.

Check it out carefully. Trust me, you'd hate to take that safety course (which I'm sure is good) only to find out that, when submitting your documents to your county Circuit Court, 1) it's not an NRA approved or 2) that Virginia doesn't recognize other states' training classes.

Check it out carefully. Trust me, you'd hate to take that safety course (which I'm sure is good) only to find out that, when submitting your documents to your county Circuit Court, 1) it's not an NRA approved or 2) that Virginia doesn't recognize other states' training classes.

yeah...that's why i said should qualify since it is presented by MD State Police.

Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor.

Based on this, I would say it does. But call and check.

Or take it anyway...just because. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back