OK, people give me grief for the "bulge" when I carry concealed

"Are you a medical professional?!?!?!?!"

"NO"

Then this bulge on my hip is none of your damn business!

If someone presses it further, I inform them (at the utmost level of indignation) that I wear an insulin pump, and I would kindly appreciate they not draw any further attention to an obvious object of my embarassment.

"Are you a medical professional?!?!?!?!"

"NO"

Then this bulge on my hip is none of your damn business!

If someone presses it further, I inform them (at the utmost level of indignation) that I wear an insulin pump, and I would kindly appreciate they not draw any further attention to an obvious object of my embarassment.

Even though the bulge is printing the shape of your firearm?

I have a light colored shirt that perfectly outlines my Handgun when it is holstered. I prefer not to "advertise" that I am armed. So, I do not wear the light colored shirts. I stick with dark pull overs or shirts that break up the shape of the firearm with its patterns and colors.

I do not want an unknown BG to know I am armed. I prefer keeping the element of surprise once the unknown becomes known.

Not to say that I "bulge carry" in the least bit, but it has been noticed at times that I stick out a wee bit on one side. The bulge in no way indicates that there is a firearm on my hip, only that something is there. It could be a cell phone, a knife, a multi-tool, etc. Basically letting them know in no uncertain terms that it is not always advisable to be so inquisitive.

Sounds like a personal problem... I'd explain your right to those giving you grief and let them get over it. They should feel safer with someone carry, versus giving you a hard time about it. (liberal friends?) heh
I carry a .45 and sure, some shirts its a little more noticable than others, but unless you carry all the time (which is fine), wear the best/less revealing/bulging shirts during "carry days/nights", eh?
Or... carry something smaller like a .380 which fits in the pocket but has enough pop to do the trick at a short distance.
Good luck and don't let them discourage you... I usually CCW/CC but have open carried on occasion.

Instructors at Frontsight impressed on us that the optimal carry position (for fast access and accurate shooting from a concealed location) was strong-side hip using OWB holster. So...that's how I train and carry. I'm a big guy (at 6' 2", 275, I could stand to lose a little weight), not always completely comfortable in the clothes that I wear, and figuring how to carry like this without undue printing or "bulging" took some time. Now, it's a piece of cake...slide the full-size 1911 into the Mernickle slide holster every morning and put on a leather vest (in the summer), which completely conceals the weapon just fine. In my state, we don't have to be concerned about complete concealment, just "reasonable" concealment. If anyone has ever noticed, they've never said anything to me. Truth be told, I don't really care if anyone notices or not. As per bad guys who might notice, that's fine, too. I'm basically in code yellow/orange all the time, so I've probably identified them, too. The real issue to me is how fast you can retreive that weapon and how accurately you can shoot it, not how well you can conceal it.

I was having the same problem too last week, when I started carrying. Then I went out, got some new pants (a size too big in the waist) and voila - problem solved. Pants that fit right do show a rather pronounced bulge. The larger pants hide it very well. :)

I am older guy(66) and I cultivate the Tony Soprano look (Everything, trousers and shirts, one size larger than normal.) Not only is it more comfortable, but it conceals anything I choose to carry. My clothes can move around and never "print'. I've been carrying for about a year now on my TN HCP (I carried for years before on other permits) and nobody in the family or around town has yet figured out that I am carrying. I also wear substantial , fairly expensive belts and Perry Suspenders over a T-shirt underneath my outer shirt. You have to learn to dress to the gun or carry "mousguns" to fit the dress. I won't carry anything under a .38 Spl, so the clothes changed.

at 5'8 and 165 lbs I can pocket carry a SW 442 .38 spl without issue. I can also IWB a Glock 23 with jeans and a tshirt and my wife doesn't notice. Good holster make a difference. Most of the LEOs I know pocket carry small wheel guns off duty.

Not to say that I "bulge carry" in the least bit, but it has been noticed at times that I stick out a wee bit on one side. The bulge in no way indicates that there is a firearm on my hip, only that something is there. It could be a cell phone, a knife, a multi-tool, etc. Basically letting them know in no uncertain terms that it is not always advisable to be so inquisitive.

I can always tell when Pascal is carrying, which is always. The bulge is slight, and does not print "GUN!", it could be any one of the things he mentioned above. Too bad he is too cheap to buy a holster better than an "Uncle Mike's" because a good one would easily make that little pop-gun of his disappear.

On the other hand, I carry a .45 Kimber 4" in a Crossbreed Supertuck at the 3:30 position, and not even my g/f is sure if I am carrying or not.

On the other hand, I carry a .45 Kimber 4" in a Crossbreed Supertuck at the 3:30 position, and not even my g/f is sure if I am carrying or not.

I carry a Glock G-21 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck and my wife always has to feel to see if I am carrying. It just disappears. A really great holster.

I believe you have to dress for the occasion if you are going to be carrying concealed. I don't like IWB holsters. I carry a Kimber .45 Pro Covert II 1911 in a Safariland black leather holster and nobody has ever "made" me that I know. Might as well carry a rifle slung over your back at an Obama protest if your trying to "bulge."

I can always tell when Pascal is carrying, which is always. The bulge is slight, and does not print "GUN!", it could be any one of the things he mentioned above. Too bad he is too cheap to buy a holster better than an "Uncle Mike's" because a good one would easily make that little pop-gun of his disappear.

You carry a big, expensive gun and brag about high-tech gearhead devices to compensate for your small "extra magazine".

Oh, and I threw my Uncle Mikes away 3 years ago.

:eek:fftopic: _____ It won't be long and I'll be in more of that stuff Rick O'Shay.. Tis time to get on the 50 yard range and zero that Leupold back in for November...

I too am a big fan of the Kholster. I have carried a full size .45 for 2 months and often forget it is there. I am able to tuck in my shirt (should I choose) and no one seems to notice that I am 'walking the dog'.

I carry a Kiimber Ultra Raptor II. Great gun and not real hard to conceal .You need a loose shirt, because of the frame size, but it idoesn't print.
I'm using a Galco IWB whhich isnt tuckable, Im looking at some of the holste'sr that are tuckable , . On occasions I have to tuck the shirt in....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back