No ammo? Guess why? What I've suspected all along.

UATKP

Uncle Al
This is just an excerpt that I copied from DC Clothesline:
(America Needs the Truth, by Brian Dammeier)
{{Obama stated, when he first was elected, he would go after the guns under the radar.
Obama said this knowing he could not get the outrageous ban on guns he and his liberal left-wing supporters wanted. Obama has another plan he has been using to stop gun owners from using their guns that is now just being made public.

Obama plans to take away the use of firearms without due process of law, without using the congress to pass laws, Obama’s plan is to make ammunition unavailable to get so the guns are then not useable. How you ask? Obama has had his government put in orders totaling 1.62 billion rounds of ammunition with gun manufacturers. There is a part you haven’t been told about but I have been informed by ammunition manufacturers here in Washington State & by national gun and ammo manufacturers. Obama’s plan is to use the law that says when the government has a standing order with manufacturers, if the government says it needs to have so much of this order, it has to be filled by law before any other orders. This law allows Obama’s people in government to watch the flow of ammunition & when it sees the manufacturers begin to stockpile ammunition, to fill the large orders from many companies that sell ammunition in the United States, so there will be more ammunition available to the general public to buy, and use one one the many government agencies that have these standing orders for this 1.62 billion rounds of ammunition, simply calls the manufacturer up and says we need another 200 million rounds. This takes all the ammunition that was ready to be released to the general public and diverts it to the government to be put in a warehouse to sit, so now there is still no ammunition available to the public.

I spoke to a Washington State ammunition manufacturer last spring when I bought my AR15 and began stockpiling ammunition. I had a nice long conversation with him when he informed me to buy all the ammunition & all the bullets I could find and afford so I would have some to load my own ammunition because Obama was having laws passed that no one was paying attention to. Laws that made the import of pre-made bullets, lead & copper for ammunition from foreign countries illegal or so highly taxed they no longer would sell them to the United States. THIS IS HOW YOU CONTROL THE GUNS AND AMMUNITION IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT GOING THRU CONGRESS.****

You can go to DC Clothesline to read the rest of it if you like.

I've suspected that the fatherless child in the whitehouse and his administration/abomination was responsible for the ammo shortage. Everyone kept telling me that it was because of the public run on ammo... and even put forward some pretty cognizant sounding arguments... tsk. tsk..

most of us know what is going on, there are a few naive people, even on this forum who either don't believe it or don't get it that our nation IS under attack from within.

Jeeeez! This has been posted over and over. There is an ammo shortage because individules, not the government are buying it ALL. EVERY retailer has sold incredible amounts of ammo over the last three months, the demand is what is out of wack, not the supply. My store has sold more ammo in the last 3 months than in the previous two years combined. We continue to recieve shipments, but ammo continues to sell faster than we can replenish. Also the info about foreign sources not being availble is just dumb. PMC, Elly, Agulia, Russian .223 and 7.62x39 and other foreign stuff have all been readily availble. Easier to get than US made ammo in most cases.

Any links to the laws being passed or the laws being used right now? Which ammo manufacturer in Washington are they interviewing?

I happened to click on slickguns.com for 223 ammo right when aimsurplus had posted 223 ammo for .29 cents a rd- at that very second...It took over 50x reloading the page for me to get to the site.. bc it kept freezing from everyone attempting to access (the link was directly for the WOLF polymer coated steel rds) - & another 50x to try to get my quantity of 5 boxes/100rds total into the cart. Their limit was 25 boxes/500rds. And then they were sold out... 8 mins later. In this particular case... it was definitely civilian consumer demand that wiped out that site- but... i'm not eliminating the possibility (after reading Uncle Al's article) that a govt worker- with -> govt- strength internet speed <- ;) could've been one of the buyers as well. :(

Jeeeez! This has been posted over and over. There is an ammo shortage because individules, not the government are buying it ALL. EVERY retailer has sold incredible amounts of ammo over the last three months, the demand is what is out of wack, not the supply. My store has sold more ammo in the last 3 months than in the previous two years combined. We continue to recieve shipments, but ammo continues to sell faster than we can replenish. Also the info about foreign sources not being availble is just dumb. PMC, Elly, Agulia, Russian .223 and 7.62x39 and other foreign stuff have all been readily availble. Easier to get than US made ammo in most cases.
Try buying 7.62X54R right now. Supplier who I bought from 2 weeks ago is sold out of Bulgarian and Russian types. And one dealer who has it is asking $139.95 for one Spam can. I only paid $198 and change for a crate of two delivered two weeks ago. And no, I'm not hoarding, I was down to 20 rounds.

Ive read and heard from a handful of uncredited & credited sources/sites- that 40S&W was a common cal for DHS to use?? And if this is true- then my question is: if the govt. (which i have no doubt is purchasing quantities far exceeding what they need) is buying up all the ammo- and 40S&W is what they need most- then why has it been the most abundantly available caliber in every store and the last four gun shows i've gone to. Can someone please shed some light on this? I like to point out that- this is not to negate the original post- stating that 1.6B of ammo will be purchased JUST to keep it out of our hands. In addition to what they're buying already- one would assume they would get extra amounts of ammo caliber that they actually would use... making 40S&W just as depleted if not more depleted... than other calibers? (Emphasis: my purpose in asking this is not to defeat the article)

Ive read and heard from a handful of uncredited & credited sources/sites- that 40S&W was a common cal for DHS to use?? And if this is true- then my question is: if the govt. (which i have no doubt is purchasing quantities far exceeding what they need) is buying up all the ammo- and 40S&W is what they need most- then why has it been the most abundantly available caliber in every store and the last four gun shows i've gone to. Can someone please shed some light on this? I like to point out that- this is not to negate the original post- stating that 1.6B of ammo will be purchased JUST to keep it out of our hands. In addition to what they're buying already- one would assume they would get extra amounts of ammo caliber that they actually would use... making 40S&W just as depleted if not more depleted... than other calibers? (Emphasis: my purpose in asking this is not to defeat the article)

CCC, no sweat on the article, kiddo... Government purchase of excessive amounts of ammunition would not only keep it out of civilian hands, it would also contribute to helping the scumbag spend all the country's money... I know he loves that. I was under the assumption that the government order was for other calibers beside just the .40 cal... And as far as the availability of the .40 cal... you sure can't find any of it in my part of Texas... The only calibers that you can find around here are scattered boxes of a few different cals... only thing there is ever very much of is shotshells.

I'm not so stupid as to believe that the demand for ammo doesn't contribute somewhat to the sales being up... but I'm also not so naive as to believe that that is the primary reason for the lack of ammo on the shelves. I've suspected the Government had a hand in it someway, and it lends some understanding to it, having read that article... Heck... isn't everything you read on the net the truth? :eek:)

I went back to check the rest of the original article, and he didn't name the Ammunition Manufacturer in Washington State, but how many can there be? He also didn't quote the law in question...

Jeeeez!! You join last week, and expect me to put stock in your second post... all that "readily available", eh... where are you from... where's your store... do you ship? what's the freight charges on a few boxes...?

CCC, no sweat on the article, kiddo... Government purchase of excessive amounts of ammunition would not only keep it out of civilian hands, it would also contribute to helping the scumbag spend all the country's money... I know he loves that. I was under the assumption that the government order was for other calibers beside just the .40 cal... And as far as the availability of the .40 cal... you sure can't find any of it in my part of Texas... The only calibers that you can find around here are scattered boxes of a few different cals... only thing there is ever very much of is shotshells.

I'm not so stupid as to believe that the demand for ammo doesn't contribute somewhat to the sales being up... but I'm also not so naive as to believe that that is the primary reason for the lack of ammo on the shelves. I've suspected the Government had a hand in it someway, and it lends some understanding to it, having read that article... Heck... isn't everything you read on the net the truth? :eek:)

I went back to check the rest of the original article, and he didn't name the Ammunition Manufacturer in Washington State, but how many can there be? He also didn't quote the law in question...

And yes- you're correct- it was about 450M orders of the .40cal. btw, I'm thinkin I like my acronym-ical nickname, CCC. I did consider the possibility that finding so much 40 cal was just coincidence, & the cal not being a popular choice for my town.

C^3 ( <- CxCxC )

I don't give a rats ars what you put stock in. We are recieving lots of ammo, yes its available from whole salers some days....we get it in, it sells and we are out again. Much of it is being stockpiled, much of it is being resold. The store is in Oklahoma, nope we won't ship you anything. We are more interested in taking care of our local customers. There is no conspiricy by the pres to keep ammo away from you, the truth is simple and here it is. The US ammo makers have been cranking it out at or near max capacity for several years and were barely meeting demand, maybe falling just short. It just took a nudge in the form of the elections and a school shooting to start a run on guns and ammo. The thing has been feeding on itself, the more people can't get stuff the more they want it and the worse it gets. Remember there is a shortage of firearms too, not just ammo. Do you also believe the gov't placed a huge order of Ruger LCRs and DPMS ARs so you could not get one? Beileve what you want, but just because demand explodes and the supply can't keep up does not mean there is a gov't cospiricy. I'm a gun store guy I know what is happening in the store. We are still getting and selling ammo, more than ever. Its just not enough. I have talked to a couple of reps from ammo companies and know what is going on from their perspective. I also understand and have experience with the US Govts purchasing and contracting system. Nobody can or does order 200 million rounds of ammo with a phone call.

Ive gotta call BS on this post. Conspiracy theories are always out there doesn't matter on which topic or with what agency. People are buying up all the ammo. Manufacturers stated in many postings in papers and interviews on TV theyre running at 100% and just cant keep up. Been to a gun store lately? Theyre regulating how much each person is buying, because Mr. John Doe is dumping 1/2 a pay check on 40 call and 9 mil and the next guy complains there isnt any for him to buy. Its not the government, its the citizens. Trust me, Ive asked, Williams gun range in Flint told me pretty much as soon as they get it in, its either spoken for, or its gone in a few hours.

Further more, I forgot to mention, when I was in the Army, training ammo was even hard to come by, we went from qualifying with our M4s from three times a year to once and if we were lucky, twice either because of short supply, or because they had to save ammo for another range. Mr. Obama isnt hoarding the ammo.

Goverment procurement works like this in my experience: Purchase order account has a projected cost over a certain period of time for a certain amount of item, that is delivered over that time. Bids were taken from several supplers to deliver the item in lots as needed. This is a way of getting the best price on the item.

Jeeeez!! You join last week, and expect me to put stock in your second post... all that "readily available", eh... where are you from... where's your store... do you ship? what's the freight charges on a few boxes...?
Check your Wally World UATKP. Our local store got in 42 spam cans of Tula 5.56X45 last week. It all went in 2 days though. I won't buy it though as my AR-15 does not like it after the barrel gets hot.

when I bought my AR15 and began stockpiling ammunition

This is why we cant find ammo. ^^^^

Further more, I forgot to mention, when I was in the Army, training ammo was even hard to come by, we went from qualifying with our M4s from three times a year to once and if we were lucky, twice either because of short supply, or because they had to save ammo for another range. Mr. Obama isnt hoarding the ammo.

And speaking of the military, I remember hearing something that didnt surprise me very much... It usually took over 100 rounds for 1 confirmed kill in the war in the middle east. No wonder the government needs ammo. Not to mention all the ammo used in training.

I don't know who's fault it is... I just wish I could find some that didn't cost two or three times what it's worth. :angry: (Please, no supply and demand lectures, you know what I mean.)

One of the police depts over here in STL (bc we have County, City, and... sort of... St. Charles County)- are only allowed/required/provided with range time once a year...

I don't know who's fault it is... I just wish I could find some that didn't cost two or three times what it's worth. :angry: (Please, no supply and demand lectures, you know what I mean.)

Thats the truth! Retailer's who are marking ammo way up are not making any friends, people will remember when the world gets back to normal. In our store the ammo cost what it did a few months ago...mostly. We have had some .22lr and .223 that we sold for too much only because we paid too much for it just to have some in the shop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back