Newspaper Compiling CC Database

Well. I'd like to see them try to get up-to-date information from the AR database. It is sealed from FOIA requests. If they get it any other way, they will be pursued and sued vigorously. More ridiculous BS from the extreme leftists in this country.

They better have a lawyer on retainer. Their moronic plan is surely to backfire.

Link to an Arkansas' editor debacle, when she printed CHCL information just before the FOIA null, and sealing of the records:

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/91084/my-learning-curve-gwen-moritz-editors-note?page=all

Apparently the planned list project was shelved even before the Buckeye folks reported it.
Link Removed

We have a group here in North Carolina called Grass Roots NC that would make their lives very difficult. It's already been mentioned on our local boards and many of us have already let them know that there would be consequences to their actions.

We have a group here in North Carolina called Grass Roots NC that would make their lives very difficult. It's already been mentioned on our local boards and many of us have already let them know that there would be consequences to their actions.

Glad to hear that!! There are more gun owners than non gun owners but that does not stop the lib-o-rats from trying to take away or shame us into giving up our guns. We must not give in one inch on anything concerning our 2A rights.

I would compare the left to being in a cage with a Tiger. If you give part of your body to the Tiger to eat today he will be back tomorrow for more. After a few days there be nothing of you left. The same goes for the lib-o-rats. Each time we compromise they win!

"The gun owner next door: What you don't know about the weapons in your neighborhood,"

LMAO

The surprise would be to find that someone in my neighborhood didn't have a gun.

It'll be difficult for them to get info for CO... they'll have to go county by county, and most sheriffs are decidedly pro-gun.

Michigan does not allow the disclosure of such information to any entity except law enforcement in the course of a criminal proceedings. Only purely statistical data can be disclosed in response to a FOIA request.

We actually have a state law, which was included in HB937 (Section 12c) that went into effect on 10/1/13 that makes these records private, and information can only be released to law enforcement agencies.

Several other states did the same thing in 2013, if yours is not one of them, contact your representatives.

We also had a sheriff that told a newspaper NO when they requested a list before the bill passed. The outrage was such that the editor of the paper resigned.

Cherokee County, NC (Feb 2013)
A mountain newspaper withdraws its request for a list of those seeking concealed-carry gun permits. Responses online and on the streets lit up when the Cherokee Scout requested that list from Cherokee County Sheriff Keith Lovin.

The paper wrote two letters this week asking for the list of people who have or are requesting the gun permits. It says it has the right to do so under North Carolina’s public records law, and wanted the information to analyze which neighborhoods have the most guns. The publisher and editor say they never intended to publish names.

County commissioners are supporting laws before the legislature that would exempt concealed-carry permits from open records law. In the meantime, the sheriff says it's his job to protect residents' privacy. He says, “I don't have a problem with people more clearly defining the law. But I’m elected sheriff of this county and I have to do what I think is in the best interest of the citizens of Cherokee County.”

Sheriff Lovin wrote the paper back saying just because he has the list isn't enough legally to have to turn it over. The Cherokee Scout published a letter acknowledging "The readers have spoken" and retracted its request." The sheriff says he and the paper have spoken and he looks forward to a positive dialogue going forward.

The Cherokee Scout put out another letter Friday apologizing to its readers and to Sheriff Lovin saying it, “…made a serious error in judgment this week, and thanks to our readers, we learned a tough lesson.”

Link Removed

This clearly shows the mindset of the left. I am glad it was shelved, but now the genie is out of the bottle. How long before they start screaming for a govt database...to "protect the children"...and for..."public safety"?

I for one see the potential handwriting on the electronic wall and am more than just a little concerned. The 4th amendment right of protection from illegal snooping has already gone out the window and now this....do the math people!

Link Removed

This clearly shows the mindset of the left. I am glad it was shelved, but now the genie is out of the bottle. How long before they start screaming for a govt database...to "protect the children"...and for..."public safety"?

I for one see the potential handwriting on the electronic wall and am more than just a little concerned. The 4th amendment right of protection from illegal snooping has already gone out the window and now this....do the math people!

The newspaper "says" that they never intended to compile a state by state database BUT I do not believe them. IMHO they did plan on doing it and when people found out about it they then denied it. But the libs NEVER let go of an idea once it passes through their cranial cavity!!!

I want to know where the abortionist live. The nurses, the doctors, the clerks, all of them. I do not wish to live next to them, lighting strikes ya know.

I want to know where the abortionist live. The nurses, the doctors, the clerks, all of them. I do not wish to live next to them, lighting strikes ya know.
I also don't want to live by medical murderers. I have the right to feel neighbors are safe from these mass murderers.

Well. I'd like to see them try to get up-to-date information from the AR database. It is sealed from FOIA requests. If they get it any other way, they will be pursued and sued vigorously. More ridiculous BS from the extreme leftists in this country.

They better have a lawyer on retainer. Their moronic plan is surely to backfire.

Link to an Arkansas' editor debacle, when she printed CHCL information just before the FOIA null, and sealing of the records:

My Learning Curve (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

Remember the newspaper from NY? Did their plan backfire? It didn't look good for the paper, but that information is still out there.

Once they print it electronically, it's nearly impossible to retrieve back.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Obama to issue an EO that attempts to overturn state laws and make such records public.

Remember the newspaper from NY? Did their plan backfire? It didn't look goof for the paper, but that information is still out there.

Once they print it electronically, it's nearly impossible to retrieve back.

Actually, it did look goof for the paper, but it certainly didn't make them look good. LOL

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back