New RUGER LCR .357

Every time I have handled the LCR, I have thought it to be a 38 (not a .357). Am I mistaken?

Ruger decided that the .38+P was just not enough and created a new model just for the .357 Mag...

I saw the press release and thought Why??? BANG! OW!!! MY HAND!!!

Peace...

Ruger decided that the .38+P was just not enough and created a new model just for the .357 Mag...

I saw the press release and thought Why??? BANG! OW!!! MY HAND!!!

Peace...

Oh brother. Ill stick with a model 60 or an SP 101 as far as small .357s are concerned.

I have a feeling that the next version of this revolver will be a 6 shot .327 magnum. I bet it would be a huge seller. I'm going to get the .357 version, but I would also buy a .327 LCR if they ever make one.

As for availability, .357 LCR's are starting to show up on gunbroker.

I have a feeling that the next version of this revolver will be a 6 shot .327 magnum. I bet it would be a huge seller. I'm going to get the .357 version, but I would also buy a .327 LCR if they ever make one.

As for availability, .357 LCR's are starting to show up on gunbroker.

I'd have to try .327 Mag just to see...:biggrin:

Or perhaps to satisfy the folks in bear country they offer one in .44 Mag...:fie:

Peace...

LCR 357 Owner Speaks Out

I have never seen so many people dish what always looked like a great gun to me. It is extremely well built and a serious improvement in materials and construction than the LCR 38 special version from what I saw before purchasing it.

Broke it in with 38 Special Ammo (I had some concern as well :) ) and it had a good pattern. Low and spread out some but not bad.

Then, I tried the 357s. Other than people asking me if I was shooting a 45.... :), I thought the pattern was very similar to the 38 Special. Of course, it has a bit stronger recoil, but nothing too hard to handle. I think you expect alot of additional recoil and are prepared for it. No blisters, no crazy stray shots, just a bit more scattered than my 9mm shoots. And, I am very much a novice shooter. Probably put 30 357s through it. Had to wrap it up in paper so it didn't melt the case...

Picked it up online for $460.

Go for it! It's a great conceal gun to me!
Powergator

I will stick to my SP101 in .357. At 25 oz, that is light enough. The LCR is only 17 oz, better than the really light weights of 13 oz, but still, that is a whole lot of bang handled by your hand with very little weight to mitigate it..

The owner of a local gun/pawn shop here carries a S&W scandium revolver as his EDC. He says "This gun is not fun to shoot." I've never shot one myself but that has to qualify as understatement of the year.

speaking of lightweight wheelguns, I had a blast shooting my 329pd, (44mag) with 240gr, rubber grips of course, and the people at the range thought it was a 50 by the sound! It is managable with mag loads, but for carry, common sense prevailing, I'd want managed recoil rounds or 44spl loads. The same would be true if I carry the 327pd (357mag). Managed recoil rounds for carry

Sp101

I was looking at the LCR .357 but they are not approved in MA yet so I purchased a Ruger SP101 which is heavier but built like a tank and should last for a long long time.

Just got the Ruger LCR 357

I took it out to a gravel pit and shot 15 rounds of 357 mag. From reading the predictions about this gun, I half expected it to tear my hand off from the recoil. The reality is that this gun is as easy on the hand as my brother in laws 9mm if not gentler. This gun in 357 is fine for anyone and the recoil was minimal. I could easily shoot it with one hand and go through 50 rounds of 357 ammo in one sitting. So much for the experts predictions. Love the gun. Small, light and with the power of a 357. This is going to sell $$$$.

I just purchase a new Ruger LCR .357 last week. loving this thing so far with .38 specials. I have not purchased any .357's yet.

Oh and i got mine for $449. That was a sweet deal for me.

I own the LCR .38 + P and carry it the most out of my hand guns. Its really not that bad to shoot with a +P load and accuracy at 20 yds is just fine. It does what its supposed to do. Great conceal gun!

I have both the Ruger LCR 38 and the LCR 357. My wife took the 38 so I had to purchase
the LCR 357. After reading the comments about the recoil I was expecting it to be really bad, but to my surprise the recoil was minimal. It's even easy to shoot with one hand.
I'm really glad I purchased it and I would recommend it.

Any chronograph numbers floating around on the web? I'm curious to know the velocity differences between that 1.8" bbl firing .357 mag rounds versus .38 Spl rounds if anyone has handloaded the same bullet weights for comparison. Is there a justifiable increase..or is that extra powder being converted mainly to muzzle blast & flash with a resulting loss of accuracy for the 'average' shooter?

Bobbyk's lack of recoil comment from someone who has fired both the LCR 38 and the LCR 357 would tend to make me think there's likely little difference in terminal velocity at defensive distances. Obviously he's largely immune to the increased blast and flash from a short-barrel .357 which is still burning a lot of powder after the bullet has already exited the bbl.

Sgt roy e payne

I HAVE A RUGER LCR .357 FOR MY CONCEAL CARRY. I LOAD THE 38+ AMMO IN THE 17 OZ LCR AND FIND IT A GOOD COMBINATION FOR CONCEALABILITY AND RECOIL HANDLING. IF YOU'RE A "BIG BANG" FAN YOU'LL PROBABLY DISAGREE WITH THIS COMBINATION BUT IT WORKS FOR ME. THE LCR IS THE BEST SNUBBIE I'VE EVER OWNED WITH A GREAT TRIGGER ACTION. SECOND TO THE COLY PYTHON I USE TO OWN THE LCR IN THE BEST FACTORY REVOLVER I'VE EVER OWNED. WITH A PISTOL THIS SIZE IF YOU IN A CLOSE RANGE SHOOTOUT WITH GOOD VISIBILITY I'D GO FOR HEAD SHOTS.:triniti:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back