New Member Welcome Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Bobby Fowler Here. New to carry. Nice to meet you.

Hi all. I joined a few months ago and I've been reading a lot so I figured I probably should introduce myself. I live in Tucson, AZ and have had weapons all of my adult life. I don't usually have a lot to say, but I have found this site to be GREAT reading.

Hello fron North Carolina.
I am a new member and have been very impressed with all the information on this site.
Thank you,
Steve

Hello from Louisiana. I am a new member, and looking forward to learning a great deal from everyone on this site!

Thanks,
Ben

Roger Dodger Buddy,
Once a Marine, always.......eh :sarcastic: Did Nam, went back in (Navy) finished with Desert Storm, retiring
with 23 years at E-6. "Sky Pilot" (Remember that one?), after tree tops, comes the ocean. Where as ship's swimmer,
I would swim out and rescue downed pilots that managed to make it to the "Tonkin". Then Again, I recovered other things:pic of a jet powered drone (was lost by some aircraftcarrier). We "Plucked" it because of it being a hazard to navigation.
Link Removed
Then on my 21ST Birthday, I was Honorably Discharged, I think I'm still hung over! Six years later I reenlisted in 1973
and finished with 23 years of service in 1993.
I'm now retired also, from the city of Reno, Nevada. Working in the city's police department, I had access to what was going on in the city. I became aware at just how bad the crime rate was, the types of crime had become more and more violent. Kids grown and gone, my Wife and I were alone. One day, she said, "We need a gun", after watching the local news! This from my ANTI-GUN WIFE, I knew it was time to get armed.
So my civilian lifestyle includes weapons, I figure an ole' dog like me is never to old to learn and share here. I appreciate all of you guys and your WELCOME!
Navy Vet, Marty
Served in the USS Black (DD-666) - for my brothers
December 1963 - January 1967
(E-2 to E-4 While Aboard)
Re-entered in the USS Hull (DD-945)
On The Date
July 1973
RETIRED OUT
FEBRUARY 1993

Roger Dodger Buddy,
Once a Marine, always.......eh :sarcastic: Did Nam, went back in (Navy) finished with Desert Storm, retiring
with 23 years at E-6. "Sky Pilot" (Remember that one?), after tree tops, comes the ocean. Where as ship's swimmer,
I would swim out and rescue downed pilots that managed to make it to the "Tonkin". Then Again, I recovered other things:pic of a jet powered drone (was lost by some aircraftcarrier). We "Plucked" it because of it being a hazard to navigation.
Link Removed
Then on my 21ST Birthday, I was Honorably Discharged, I think I'm still hung over! Six years later I reenlisted in 1973
and finished with 23 years of service in 1993.
I'm now retired also, from the city of Reno, Nevada. Working in the city's police department, I had access to what was going on in the city. I became aware at just how bad the crime rate was, the types of crime had become more and more violent. Kids grown and gone, my Wife and I were alone. One day, she said, "We need a gun", after watching the local news! This from my ANTI-GUN WIFE, I knew it was time to get armed.
So my civilian lifestyle includes weapons, I figure an ole' dog like me is never to old to learn and share here. I appreciate all of you guys and your WELCOME!
Navy Vet, Marty
Served in the USS Black (DD-666) - for my brothers
December 1963 - January 1967
(E-2 to E-4 While Aboard)
Re-entered in the USS Hull (DD-945)
On The Date
July 1973
RETIRED OUT
FEBRUARY 1993
A big welcome, looking back I wish I had done something like that, I really think I would have been better off for it, better be careful, once you get really interested in this, it can get expensive.....LOL

Hello everyone,
A newbie here from NC (native of SC) here. Like other newbies here, I would like to read post of others before jumping in lol; I'm sure I will learn a lot:). Thanks for having me in the group.

Just wanted to say," hello" from the great state of West Virginia. Found this site very informative & friendly while reading through some of the post. I'm looking forward to sharing information and gaining knowledge. I'm currently taking a safety firearms course by an NRA instructor and will finish up this week. Look forward to spending more time on here.

Saff

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back