New Member Welcome Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've come, you'd be getting around and joining us in our conversation and putting in your opinions and questions, so welcome everyone....from not-so-far-off Missouri. It would be nice if you can fill up your location from your profile so we know where you are from. If you will have any questions for the group, it will be easier for us to take note of your location so the correct answers to your questions will be more precise than letting us oldies here guess what the laws are in your particular area.

Thinner pistol

IMHO you can't go wrong with a Walther PPK/S in cal. .380 ACP loaded with Hornaday's new "Critical Defense" ammo. I have one and recommend it highly.

rpeckham
Washington,DC

New member from the western suburbs of Chicago. I'm responsible for our company's global anti-terrorism security program which is to say I help make sure that bad things don't happen to good people. I'm an NRA certified instructor, competitive shooter, and learned how to handle a gun before I learned how to ride a bike.
It's a pleasure and honr to be among others who share the same love of country and indiivdual freedoms.

New member from the western suburbs of Chicago. I'm responsible for our company's global anti-terrorism security program which is to say I help make sure that bad things don't happen to good people. I'm an NRA certified instructor, competitive shooter, and learned how to handle a gun before I learned how to ride a bike.
It's a pleasure and honr to be among others who share the same love of country and indiivdual freedoms.
Welcome all ...from Missouri. I am glad that you put your location. Hope you find this forum enjoyable and informative.

Hello Everyone,new B from upstate NY.Glad to be apart of this site and it looks like alot of good people here.
A nice warm welcome to you ... from West St. Louis, Missouri. We sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay here...just dive in and join us in ouor conversation here.

Hey all, I'm researching the possibility of getting a cwp and a gun. Don't have either right now just because I do not have the finances.

Hello to all from a fairly new Texas gun owner. Looking forward to taking advantage of your knowledge. One question - basic training seems to be so expensive for a beginner - any suggestions?

Anneintexas and BruceG.....a nice warm welcome from out here in Missouri. Glad you are here with us. There is so much to learn from this forum so enjoy your stay. Anneintexas, the beginners' class is not expensive and the rest of the successive classes will not be as expensive as losing your life or being able to protect your love ones. The beginners' class is just that -- beginners but you get to learn how to handle your gun properly, know the rules and regulations of your state and so on and so forth. Then you can practice on the range and that will be extra payment plus cost of ammo...once you develop the interest in anything, the spending is just starting, but having a gun and not being able to know to how to handle one will be more expensive in the long run if one is not careful. It is not like my camera where if I dropped it, I am the only disadvantaged by my improper handling of it. With a gun, it is a different story altogether. And it is not a toy to just have and put away when you're done with it for the hour...I have mine almost 24/7...almost...think about this.

Been on the sight for a little while but haven't said to much... but I have read a few posts.. My name is Jay and I live in New Hampshire!! this site has been a great resource!!Thanks for having me!

Hello to all from a fairly new Texas gun owner. Looking forward to taking advantage of your knowledge. One question - basic training seems to be so expensive for a beginner - any suggestions?

Welcome anneintexas. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

If money is an issue for taking classes (the cost of gun ownership and ammo and classes can add up)... try befriending a police officer. They have had extensive defensive training and if you are friends with one, they may just invite you out to the range sometime.

However, if that is not an option, save up the money for the courses. Training with a firearm is invaluable and absolutely necessary.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back