National concealed carry reciprocity act of 2017

HUH? Looks like Tex can carry in about 36 states, and I can carry in 38. We do have the advantage that our neighbor states honor our permits.

Exactly, I could probably drive 24 hrs straight in any direction and still be legal to carry

So what you're saying is, I'm legal to carry in 25+ states, and you're not.
I take back my advice on your getting a Utah non resident permit to afford yourself increased reciprocity with adjoining states. Your state has no reciprocity agreements with New Jersey, Maryland, and Pennsylvania AND as of 23 September 2017, your AG decided that there will be NO recognition of any non resident permits in the state of Delaware. You're all boxed in so no wonder you're such a shameless honk for national reciprocity.

Put an ad in the paper and tell the AG you're pissed. Or scream helplessly at the sky. Or go for a nice long drive. Don't drive much more than an hour though or you'll be out of your box.

The Place to Be

d95514cfafb43563bbc849cc3a6a4172.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fake quote. If you are going to try and stir up division and distrust of the government, please use something original, and not just copy and quote Russian content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we complete week 43 and begin week 44 of the Paul Ryan Sandbagging of HR38. He really needs to get lost, go back to Wisconsin and make cheese curds. Although he'd probably screw that up too!

I have $upported and voted for Ryan here in Wis. for years. This next time around (2018) I and my wife will not support him. He has been corrupted by the DC bubble.

I have $upported and voted for Ryan here in Wis. for years. This next time around (2018) I and my wife will not support him. He has been corrupted by the DC bubble.

Every single one of them are corruptible to one degree or another. If they come across as incorruptible, it's a shtick they learned in lower levels of government, be it mayors, county commissioners, whatever. To desire to hold power over hundreds, on up to millions of people at the higher levels of government, is to expose one's self as being unfit and undeserving of the privilege. Every time you vote for an individual, you vote to have your own freedoms reduced by whatever lame-brained schemes of control they come up with while in the office that you sent them to occupy. It's a never-ending game of Catch 22 - Can't live with politicians, and they have done a simply fantastic job of convincing the masses that you can't live without them. Like the all-controlling computer finally concluded in the movie War Games, the best move is not to play. Ryan is no better an example supporting that thought than any of the rest of them. He's just the closest example you have handy, and occupies a more visible seat of power than most, but they're all the same. They are all beasts whose insatiable appetites feed off The People's rights. We are all stuck with having their influence in our lives to some degree, but at least we should all open our eyes to the truth of the matter that they're all corrupt, all amoral, and all belong to the Redcoat class of American society. Ryan never was an exception. He's always been the same beast he is today, at least "always" since the beginning of his political career. Don't be fooled by their grinning in your face or kissing your babies.

Blues

I'd love to see a real national reciprocity law enacted byCongresss. One that forces all those Southern and western states with micro-managed concealed carry laws to honor my unrestricted NYS concealed carry permit - no prohibitions on carrying in a medical office, a local government office, a church, a restaurant serving a beer, or any number of other "you-can't-carry" places many states impose on their concealed carry permit holders. Under the proposed act, will a CC permit holder from a state that prohibits carry in medical offices and hospital be able to carry in medical offices and hospitals when in New York? Seems odd that if his or her home state doesn't trust the person to carry in such places, they shouldn't be allowed to do so under national reciprocity when visiting a state that doesn't have those restrictions.

I'd love to see a real national reciprocity law enacted byCongresss. One that forces all those Southern and western states with micro-managed concealed carry laws to honor my unrestricted NYS concealed carry permit - no prohibitions on carrying in a medical office, a local government office, a church, a restaurant serving a beer, or any number of other "you-can't-carry" places many states impose on their concealed carry permit holders. Under the proposed act, will a CC permit holder from a state that prohibits carry in medical offices and hospital be able to carry in medical offices and hospitals when in New York? Seems odd that if his or her home state doesn't trust the person to carry in such places, they shouldn't be allowed to do so under national reciprocity when visiting a state that doesn't have those restrictions.

Yes, nogods, we all know how wonderful NY state, and especially NYC firearms laws are. It is truly a shame that the rest of the United States can't have all the wonderful firearms laws that NY does.

[/sarcasm]

Yes, nogods, we all know how wonderful NY state, and especially NYC firearms laws are. It is truly a shame that the rest of the United States can't have all the wonderful firearms laws that NY does.

[/sarcasm]
I read nogods post a few times and I immediately just figured he was being tongue in cheek about the whole post. I hope that was the case because otherwise it took delusional to some new level. My sincere hope that it was the former and not the latter.

The Place to Be

Well, let's look at some facts.

Places a South Carolina concealed carry permit holder CANNOT carry that a New York concealed carry permit holder CAN carry.

1. any publicly-owned building
2. office of or the business meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special purpose district;
3. church or other established religious sanctuary.
4. hospital, medical clinic, doctor’s office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed.

Last Friday I stopped by the highway department offices to get a new garbage tote, went to the town hall to submit a variance permit, then stopped in a church on my way to visit a friend in a hospital. I didn't have to leave my firearm in the car while running any of those errands, but if I was a SC concealed carry permit holder doing the same errands in SC I'd have to leave my firearm in the car to go into each of those locations.

Are SC concealed carry permit holders too irresponsible to be allowed to carry in those locations, and if so, why should they be allowed to do so when in NY under a national reciprocity?

Surely if their home state doesn't trust them to carry in
those locations, others states should not be forced to do so simply because the other states trust their own concealed carry permit holders.

I read nogods post a few times and I immediately just figured he was being tongue in cheek about the whole post. I hope that was the case because otherwise it took delusional to some new level. My sincere hope that it was the former and not the latter.

The Place to Be

You haven't been here as long as I have to know that nogods was being 100% serious.

You haven't been here as long as I have to know that nogods was being 100% serious.

The New Yorker's have a special affection for their states draconian gun laws. BC1 was another that used to expound on the wonderful world of living in a nanny state, but couldn't wait to retire and leave.

Walk into a gun store and you can't even handle a gun unless you can produce a permit.

Open carry, go to jail
Put 8 rounds in a pistol magazine, go to jail
Scary looking black rifles are banned in a number of NY cities, and where you can have them you are limited to Kommyfornia style 10 round magazines.

The funny thing about nogods' posts here is that he speaks as though most of us want national reciprocity to pass. While there are a few who do, the vast majority of us have very well thought-out objections to it. As can be (nearly) unquestionably inferred by his posts, he's fine with big government involvement in controlling constitutional rights. He just likes to brag that NY big government does it in a way that he approves of. He's a retired lawyer who can likely afford any cost it takes to apply, process and be granted a permit. His love of government compels him to be OK with any rights-violating application process including being fingerprinted like a common criminal, background checks and (metaphorical) anal exams his government imposes on him before or during the granting process coming to fruition. He doesn't mind at all that his permit was at the total discretion of a "licensing officer," or that if that officer denies the application, a judge with even more arbitrary discretion will decide whether or not the state will grant him permission to exercise his rights. He doesn't care that he must prove (or at least substantiate) that he has "good moral character," which is obviously a meaningless provision since nogods, the atheist, has no moral foundation other than that which he makes up in his own mind. He doesn't care that the state has no obligation to process an application sooner than six months from the date the application was received, or that if there is a delay beyond six months, the state simply has to provide "written notice to the applicant stating the reasons." Apparently, just stating the reason that "we couldn't be bothered" would be good enough.

I detest all permit schemes, including the very inexpensive and least intrusive one out of three states where I've had 'em here in Alabama. I won't "brag" about our scheme being "better" than anywhere else's because they're all bad and violative of the plain and simple language of the Second Amendment. Only lawyers and judges have a vested interest in arguing that the Second Amendment's language is not clear and simple to understand. Nogods exemplifies that thought in spades.

Blues

You also have to remember the history of New York's gun permit system. New York was the first state ever to introduce the pistol permit system. It was in 1911 and started by a mob-boss politician named Big Tim Sullivan. The history is that immigrants were starting to arm themselves and fight back against the mob that was extorting protection money from them. So Big Tim authored the pistol permit law and got it passed. Of course the main provision in the law was that a judge had to approve the permit - which still remains in the law today. Back then you had to have an in with the judge to get a permit, which, more often then not, also included an under the bench payment $$$. It was this way that Big Tim and the judges in his pocket got to control who could lawfully possess handguns and who couldn't. It wasn't really for the purpose of making it legal for the mob to carry their guns as it was to make it illegal for their victims to carry theirs; and to make it illegal for no other reason other than they could not get a judge's permission, but were 100% normal law abiding people in all other respects.

And that is why people like nogods love to brag about their elite status. They love the blessing they get from the government officials that "trust" them to grant them permission to exercise a right that supposed to be unmolested by government according to the US Constitution. It must make them feel like the big shots in the mob did back in 1911 and a couple decades after.

yada..yada..yada...not one response to the fact that in many so-called "gun friendly" states ccw permit holders are treated like children who can't be trusted to carry a firearm in a long list of places, while in NY ccw permit holders have no such restrictions. Where do guys lock up your guns when you go to all those gun free zones in your state?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back