Nation wide concealed carry.

If it's a Federal background check then it should good in all states. Period!

Background checks are worthless. I have never done anything to get me on the list of people that can't purchase a firearm. That has no bearing on what I might do tomorrow. If you want to cut down on gun violence then the news needs to quit making mass murderers famous.

Wow, my bad! I should have noticed that it was too short to be one of your posts!:laugh:

HA! I almost said that the brevity should've been a dead give-away too. Sdprof definitely has me in the "Soul of Wit" Department! LOL

I have already let my representatives know that I will not support any law regarding guns unless they specifically repeal the infringements currently in place, with NO concessions given to appease the grabbers. What I think is interesting is that I get monthly (weekly when in session) updates from the offices of Senator Tim Scott and Representative Mark Sanford, along with detailed info on what they have voted on and why. I never get those from Congressman Lindsey Graham...

I don't know much about Scott, but what I do know seems impressive. Unfortunately, no matter his voting record, Sanford is a degenerate and represents one of the most significant things that is wrong with this country to me.

Grahamnesty represents pretty much all the rest.

Blues

HA! I don't know much about Scott, but what I do know seems impressive. Unfortunately, no matter his voting record, Sanford is a degenerate and represents one of the most significant things that is wrong with this country to me.
Blues

Unfortunately it was the choice between Sanford and Colbert's little sister who is a progressive liberal that thinks the south needs unions. As I said, I do believe Sanford is personally abhorrent, I would never invite him into my home or trust him around my wife or daughters. As a representative that votes the way I as a constituent want him to vote though, he is above reproach. I had to separate the two after he won the primary.
-
Surprisingly, I receive frequent updates from his office on things that are being considered, his voting record on everything and his reasoning behind his vote. After writing his office an e-mail regarding the Fair Tax, one of his staffers called to ask me for more information on some of my ideas. He said that Mark had read it and that one of my ideas would actually solve one of the issues they were facing regarding small businesses, and asked the staffer to call an pick my brain on it. It was no great mind-blowing idea, just regarding that any fair tax should not apply to things like groceries, since people who can only survive paycheck to paycheck should not be taxed as highly as those that can afford luxury items. He said that would help on the problem of small restaurants being overly taxed for purchasing the supplies they need to run their business.

National CCW or Reciprocity will never happen, at least not in my lifetime. Chuck Schumer and his lapdog Kirsten Gillibrand will never vote for national reciprocity, plus he's got enough clout and influence in the Senate to keep it from happening. Plus, NY will claim "state's rights" to keep others out.

Chuckie Schumer is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" people. He's got a CCW for NY, but doesn't think "The Great Unwashed" should be able to have one....because nobody is as smart or responsible as the "Ruling Class". Also, Chuckie pulls the loop coming out of Gillibrands back and she will say whatever he has programmed into her... just like my daughter's dolls of many years ago. So there are already 2 "Nay" votes already.

Finally, I've written to both Schumer and Gillibrand in the past regarding this issue. Their response, 'We don't trust that other states will be as diligent and thorough as NY in scrutinizing CCW applicants'. In other words, some states are 'must issue', while NY is 'may issue', so we won't give reciprocity.

National CCW or Reciprocity will never happen, at least not in my lifetime. Chuck Schumer and his lapdog Kirsten Gillibrand will never vote for national reciprocity, plus he's got enough clout and influence in the Senate to keep it from happening. Plus, NY will claim "state's rights" to keep others out.

Chuckie Schumer is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" people. He's got a CCW for NY, but doesn't think "The Great Unwashed" should be able to have one....because nobody is as smart or responsible as the "Ruling Class". Also, Chuckie pulls the loop coming out of Gillibrands back and she will say whatever he has programmed into her... just like my daughter's dolls of many years ago. So there are already 2 "Nay" votes already.

Finally, I've written to both Schumer and Gillibrand in the past regarding this issue. Their response, 'We don't trust that other states will be as diligent and thorough as NY in scrutinizing CCW applicants'. In other words, some states are 'must issue', while NY is 'may issue', so we won't give reciprocity.

No offense intended, but all you can do is gather likeminded individuals, get off your a$$ and vote the guy out. You aren't the only state with that problem (Kalifornistan comes to mind)

Food for thought about "national reciprocity".....

First of all the only way all the States would agree to it is if the national standard was the most restrictive State's criteria. After all.... anything less restrictive and that State won't agree to it so any national reciprocity went "poof" right there.

Second... and I don't understand why anyone would be looking to "Daddy Fed" to step in and force the States to recognize each others permits since "Daddy Fed" is NOT some benevolent doting Granpa wanting to do the right thing for the people... "Daddy Fed" really is "Papa Dictator" who doesn't give two farts about the people wanting national reciprocity but would dearly love to have control of carry permits so the Feds can dictate what the criteria for qualification is, how much it costs, and who is disqualified right from the get go. And incrementally increase the degree of restrictions/costs until no common peon could possibly qualify or afford it.

Do folks really want the Feds to be in control? Think carefully because asking the Federal government for national reciprocity is the same as asking Obama for permission to carry a gun.

Now... in my opinion... the only acceptable "national reciprocity" would be Constitutional carry in all States brought about by the individual residents of each State... no Feds involved in any way. But to do that people in each and every State would have to get off their butts and fight for Constitutional carry in their respective State.

But I fear folks would rather look to what they think is "benevolent Daddy Fed" to step in and save the day never realizing that "Daddy Fed" isn't going to save the day.... "Daddy Fed" is really "Papa Dictator" who will use national reciprocity as a way to STEP ON the right to bear arms and squash it out of existence.

Be very careful what you ask for..... you just might get it.

No offense intended, but all you can do is gather likeminded individuals, get off your a$$ and vote the guy out. You aren't the only state with that problem (Kalifornistan comes to mind)

We might have the numbers if we could get all Non-Liberals to go vote....BUT we haven't been able to get them out on election day! Additionally, if our US Constitution was being followed, we would NOT have to actually VOTE Schumer and Gillibrand out. The Constitution states that US Senators are not an elected position, rather they are appointed by the State Legislature, I believe it's the State Senate(not 100% sure), which is under Republican control. But when does the Constitution actually matter to this administration anyway.

Food for thought about "national reciprocity".....

First of all the only way all the States would agree to it is if the national standard was the most restrictive State's criteria. After all.... anything less restrictive and that State won't agree to it so any national reciprocity went "poof" right there.

Second... and I don't understand why anyone would be looking to "Daddy Fed" to step in and force the States to recognize each others permits since "Daddy Fed" is NOT some benevolent doting Granpa wanting to do the right thing for the people... "Daddy Fed" really is "Papa Dictator" who doesn't give two farts about the people wanting national reciprocity but would dearly love to have control of carry permits so the Feds can dictate what the criteria for qualification is, how much it costs, and who is disqualified right from the get go. And incrementally increase the degree of restrictions/costs until no common peon could possibly qualify or afford it.

Do folks really want the Feds to be in control? Think carefully because asking the Federal government for national reciprocity is the same as asking Obama for permission to carry a gun.

Now... in my opinion... the only acceptable "national reciprocity" would be Constitutional carry in all States brought about by the individual residents of each State... no Feds involved in any way. But to do that people in each and every State would have to get off their butts and fight for Constitutional carry in their respective State.

But I fear folks would rather look to what they think is "benevolent Daddy Fed" to step in and save the day never realizing that "Daddy Fed" isn't going to save the day.... "Daddy Fed" is really "Papa Dictator" who will use national reciprocity as a way to STEP ON the right to bear arms and squash it out of existence.

Be very careful what you ask for..... you just might get it.

I agree that we don't want the Fed's administering any reciprocity program, or anything (like Obamacare) which would create a back-door registry...leading to confiscation. BUT, I think the idea people are hoping for is to have a system similar to drivers licenses or marriage licenses. Each state is in control of it's own laws and qualification requirements, but the licenses are honored by all of the states. That would be nice, but again, that will never happen. It's just too easy for the anti-gun left to point to the danger of a gun in the wrong hands as dangerous, but they wouldn't ever consider denial of grandmas rights to drive from another state into theirs... even though there's a greater probability of grandma killing someone than a responsible gun owner.

What do you think other states would do, if say Washington didn't require a driver's license or didn't require a test for a driver's license. Does anyone think other states would still accept Washington DL (or Washington residents driving in their state)?

Edited: for whodat.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

What do you think other states would do, if say Washington didn't require a driver's license or didn't require a test for a driver's license. Does anyone think other states would still accept Washington DL?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Um, no - because you just said they wouldn't have one...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
What do you think other states would do, if say Washington didn't require a driver's license or didn't require a test for a driver's license. Does anyone think other states would still accept Washington DL?

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
Um, no - because you just said they wouldn't have one...
Miss the bold part didja?

Nope, concentrated on this bold part instead. :wink:

Te only thing I think you would get all the states to agree on is that they want sales tax collected in interstate sales. Of course, California would require that, plus anyone who buys from or sells to California, has to pay an annual fee of $800. Inside joke...anyone who has done business in CA knows that EVERYTHING you do with the state has a minimum fee of $800. It's one reason my employer pulled out of CA. CA wants businesses to move in there...just not make a profit!

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

National reciprocity is enough for me. I don't really want much of any Federal gun regulation, even this kind. Keep it with the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Hi, I agree with the nationwide conceal to carry. I am a travel nurse ,so I'm in 6-13wks contracts ,so I have to be careful I had a 357 but I couldn' chance carrying it across state lines so I left it at home my home was in Bilox MS and yes I lost my home and everything in it with Katrina . Have no idea were the gun ended up . Filed report etcc,and haven't replaced it due to alot of things health,divorce,Life LOL . But I currently in Colorad and have been a7mths lost my right leg so I thinking about getting another gun but the laws here have gone Nuts concerning guns how many rounds you clip has? It's crazy ,when I get back on my feet LOL I think I'll be leaving this state .So unless I win the sweepstakes ,can't afford a gun the classes etc. So I wish everyone good luck and if it ever comes up for a national conceal liscenes that a vote worth making. TY ivoryakkitta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back