My Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've joined the other site as well.

But, I'm stickin' around for a while. I'l just go back to primarily being a lurker.

I want to see if Luke finally gets tired of the three trouble makers and bans them for good.

So, can you folks share, privately, where the other site is?

Screw privately. Share it publicly. I'm not going to go into the Religion and Guns board here. Damn skippy I'm not going to go to an entire forum dedicated to religion and guns.

Screw privately. Share it publicly. I'm not going to go into the Religion and Guns board here. Damn skippy I'm not going to go to an entire forum dedicated to religion and guns.

Negative:no: There are a "few" in here that are not welcome over there.

In reality, the forum is not "dedicated" to religion and guns but drooling, snarling trolls do not come out of the woodwork if one mentions their faith or quotes a Bible verse or two, unlike here. (I'm not saying you did this, CIB.)

Doc, check your PMs.

You realize that when one of the "trolls" figure out the web address is: Link Removed they'll just post it here right????

gf

They are welcome to go there, as I won't see 'em.

Look, this is all so much BS and I've said it before. Not everyone on this "other site" is a Christian, so know that. The site admins, however, say that everyone's viewpoint must be respected and they enforce it. So, you can disagree, argue, whatever, but no flaming, name-calling, rah,rah,rah. Difference is, they seem to enforce it. Come in as an obvious troll (and they are obvious) and you're done. What the hell is so difficult about that?

Here, they take a poll, for crying out loud, where 85% of the respondees (not all believers, either) say "hey, we like diverse viewpoints, it's part of our culture". And what happens? All religious discussion is banned. IMO, this was a microcosm of what's happening in our country today: the people speak and are then ignored. I know it's a private site but the analogy holds. Furthermore, how can a site dedicated to the preservation of any Constitutional right, do away with one of them?

Who are they

I've joined the other site as well.

But, I'm stickin' around for a while. I'l just go back to primarily being a lurker.

I want to see if Luke finally gets tired of the three trouble makers and bans them for good.

Who are these three trouble makers?

three-stooges.jpg

"This is gettin' on my noives!"

In reality, the forum is not "dedicated" to religion and guns but drooling, snarling trolls do not come out of the woodwork if one mentions their faith or quotes a Bible verse or two, unlike here. (I'm not saying you did this, CIB.)

Doc, check your PMs.

Thank you. Got it. Registered.

Where does religion fit here?

Why do religous fanatics have to bring there personal beliefs into a gun forum? I don't get it? You'll violate "Thall Shall Not Kill" but harp on religion? Oil and water... Keep your religious thoughts to yourself and not force them on others! Jesus loves you until you pull the trigger!!!! Phonies! I'm out so you can all rejoice in the lord! Good ridance.

Last edited:
Why do religous fanatics have to bring there personal beliefs into a gun forum? I don't get it? You'll violate "Thall Shall Not Kill" but harp on religion? Oil and water... Keep your religious thoughts to yourself and not force them on others! Jesus loves you until you pull the trigger!!!! Phonies!

And here it is. "Religious fanatics"..."Phonies"...Just the kind of tripe not tolerated elsewhere. Look, you can say something like "I dont' buy into that religion crap" and that's just fine. And you can say "I'm an atheist" and I got no problem with that, either. But, you jump right into peoples' faces and attempt to squelch their opinion and denigrate who they are. Please show me one example where someone "forced" religious thoughts on you (can you even force "thoughts" on someone?).

I predict the ultimate downfall of this site unless everyone's opinions and viewpoints are RESPECTED.

Why do religous fanatics have to bring there personal beliefs into a gun forum? I don't get it? You'll violate "Thall Shall Not Kill" but harp on religion? Oil and water... Keep your religious thoughts to yourself and not force them on others! Jesus loves you until you pull the trigger!!!! Phonies! I'm out so you can all rejoice in the lord! Good ridance.

Duh, this is not for guns,necessarily it is off topic. Pay attention.
"thall shalt not kill" is not correct, literal translation is "thall shalt not committ murder" which is different.
By voicing an opinion, someone is not actually forcing their opinions on anyone. If you are such a sorry person that you feel someone is "forcing" their opinion on you, leave.

Trolling should only be used on a fishing boat.

Don't let the door hit you on your emotions

I would also like a pm concerning this other site.
I enjoy reading others insights and comments for the most part. Although I do not usually take part in the conversations, I do get perturbed over the ignorance that is occasionally spewed.
Thanks for any info

And here it is. "Religious fanatics"..."Phonies"...Just the kind of tripe not tolerated elsewhere. Look, you can say something like "I dont' buy into that religion crap" and that's just fine. And you can say "I'm an atheist" and I got no problem with that, either. But, you jump right into peoples' faces and attempt to squelch their opinion and denigrate who they are. Please show me one example where someone "forced" religious thoughts on you (can you even force "thoughts" on someone?).

I predict the ultimate downfall of this site unless everyone's opinions and viewpoints are RESPECTED.

I don't know what computerdynamics issues were. He appeared to be down on the religious folks. I am not sure where he was going with the "kill" comments. Perhaps, like many, he had a bad experience with religion, or two or three.
IMO, some of the religious people are in your face, force their ideals, and attempt to make you feel bad. IMO, its all about control.
IMO, most religious people are very nice harmless people. It's the hypocrites, and the backstabbers who give them all a bad name.

IMO, most religious people know that not everyone is going to think like they do. They know their will be critics.
Most handle the opposition, and critics without causing a stir. They usually just ignore the hecklers.

Regarding this websites longevity, I predict it will not survive if its membership is restricted only to people who are alike. i.e. all heterosexual, conservative, white ultra religious people.
I know the admin/mods have the door open to everyone. The admin/mods are not the problem here.
They are doing a great job.

I worked in a gun store. You name it, it walked in there.

We would sell to anyone who acted sane, passed the background paperwork, and had the money. We didn't care "what" they were. If someone came in, and started talking religion or politics, we asked them to take it outside. It is a well known fact people disagree, when those two subjects enter a room.

IMO, the "clown" political postings have no place here.
IMO, Isolating religion was a positive step in that direction. The admin/mods want to keep the arguments to a minimum.

I think this is an fantastic site and will continue to grow.

After being banned for asking a question, I have resolved to just put the active trolls on ignore, it's nice until someone quotes them. I'm sure these trolls would be a lot more polite in person or they would be eating through a straw for months at a time. I'm pretty sure they always return from their banishment by either begging or changing their screen names, either way they expose them selves with their daily regurgitation of hate and discontent, they should be exiled to an island with no Internet access.:to_pick_ones_nose:

theicemanmpl...................you are perhaps the worst kind of hypocrite that walks this earth.... a complete jack-ass and a pathetic little man on top of that.
now Luke.........BAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I butt heads with folks also but try to improve situations in the process. Comments by some really tick me off but I figure they are either burdened, convicted, or seeking decisions. My reaction to their cutting or irresponsible or immature remarks is what is important. Have done my share of lashing out or back and still do when I forget who and whose I am. We will never be perfect in reacting in a tactful manner but we need to strive towards that goal. Letting trolls(for what ever reason) get under our skin is feeding their needs. Some sites have an icon saying "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS". Good advice. There are also some who truly believe what they espouse. The "seeds" we show and plant can reveal who and what we believe in without shouting. IMO, Jesus was a quiet man who spoke in total love. We can not be as He but it is our duty to try. ..."He who angers you controls you"....

+1, they call us hypocrites and yet they expect us to simply bow down to what they say. We are supposed to remain silent while they speak their piece. Everyone is entitled to their belief be it Christian, atheist, or any other faith. Discussion is good but trying to force the removal of one side of the discussion is the epitome of hypocrisy.

+1, they call us hypocrites and yet they expect us to simply bow down to what they say. We are supposed to remain silent while they speak their piece. Everyone is entitled to their belief be it Christian, atheist, or any other faith. Discussion is good but trying to force the removal of one side of the discussion is the epitome of hypocrisy.
I am not the one that moved the religious people to their own area. It was the admin/mods of this site. Do not hang that one on me.

I am not willing to argue.

Perhaps the ones offended by my use of the word hypocrite should go back and re-read my posting. Who did I call a hypocrite?

What I said was most religious people are very nice. Its the few bad ones who give them all a bad name.

What I also said was, a very well known fact. "Religion and politics are topics best left alone. They will always start arguments."

In summation, in every bushel, there will always be a few bad apples.

Mojo, I am not going to play your game. Find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back