My Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn1080

Hello my friends,

I would like to announce my resignation as a user here on this site. I am going to another site that really focuses on religion and the second amendment as they relate to one another.

It has been an honor to meet and know you all and I wish you the best. Especially Luke for putting together such an amazing site.

Thank you all for the fond memories!

Kevin

Hello my friends,

I would like to announce my resignation as a user here on this site. I am going to another site that really focuses on religion and the second amendment as they relate to one another.

It has been an honor to meet and know you all and I wish you the best. Especially Luke for putting together such an amazing site.

Kevin

You will be seeing a lot of us over there.

I am out of here too...the other site is much less confrontational.... Iceman, Midnight and others, have fun being the malcontents and squeaky wheels..... please don't give Luke too much more grief...the guy has it hard enough as it is.

Since the ignore feature is working as specified in the owners manual and no one will quote him right?

I'll make this observation. The air smells better there...

Peace, for my brothers in C****t...

free speech restored...

free speech restored...

Religion is Back, that's right. Read More
Link Removed

Thank you USA CARRY...

While expected, this is a sad turn of events. The rejoicing of some at people leaving this site would, I hope, send a message to Luke about his decision and exactly who it favors. Soon USA Carry will be nothing but angry people who are gloating at making decent people leave this site. Perhaps in gaining control over this site, they can feel better about their lack of control over their personal lives. But I doubt it.
I hope that these are just idle threats but I doubt that as well.

Oops, spoke to soon. Glad to know sanity is restored to a great site. I missed Bohemian's post.

Last edited:
gee- Christan's who think Roy, and Dale singing happy trails is bad? That is what the feed back is showing.
Some of you may remember, but after every Roy rogers short, or movie, Roy, and Dale would sing happy trails.
If you go to Branson, you can even pay good money to see Roy's horse Trigger, and dog Bullet stuffed.
Oh, I get it, Christian when its convenient, I understand now.

gee- Christan's who think Roy, and Dale singing happy trails is bad? That is what the feed back is showing.
Some of you may remember, but after every Roy rogers short, or movie, Roy, and Dale would sing happy trails.
If you go to Branson, you can even pay good money to see Roy's horse Trigger, and dog Bullet stuffed.
Oh, I get it, Christian when its convenient, I understand now.

The fact that you brought "Christians" into this with your post and that you actually blamed them for the lack of support for your posts............speaks volumns as to where the problems on this site lay.:drag:

The fact that you brought "Christians" into this with your post and that you actually blamed them for the lack of support for your posts............speaks volumns as to where the problems on this site lay.:drag:

We can say the C word now.
If this becomes a "christian" site, I think luke will be sorry he changed his mind. IMO.

Sure hope you guys don't leave. I visit several sites and there are always those who stir discontent. Seems there are some whose chosen life's mission is to create strife with cutting, supposedly witty coments espousing their views. We all are different with differing values, backgrounds, faiths(or lack of), and goals. When a few anal openings constantly berate or criticize one's core beliefs it becomes tiring. Running from such people is not the answer. That only let's them bask in the idea that they are right and just in their behavior. Some revel in the feeling that they have gained a degree of power-that is just the way they think. Immaturity comes in many forms and is seldom beneficial to the growth of a site. Here is hoping that all will stay and help grow the site into a better place. I have no vested interest in the site other than hating to see a flight of folks that I admire and respect. Sincerely 06

To those of you who agree with the reason for kn's resignation I have a question for all of you. What in the world are you doing on a defensive firearm forum in the first place if religion is something you want to discuss with others? This site, in many instances, has been hijacked by an inordinate number of members who seemingly have forgotten what this forum supposedly was for. Quite frankly, politics, religion, if not directly related to firearms should not be on this site in the first place. The site has, at times, become a quagmire of zealots, nut jobs, hypocrites etc without even an intelligent thought about firearms and defensive carry. I wish kn good luck on some religious forum and hope all of you who agree with him and share his comments will also move to forums that fit your intent--just stop "clogging" meaningful discussions on firearms and defensive carry with unrelated religion and non-gun comments on the UN, Obama, etc etc. Start your own forum or find another but stay out of this one---it is becoming burdensome to have to find my way thru the insanity and hate that bloats this forum on a constant basis.

Hello my friends,

Kevin
i feel the same, i've made some wonderful friends and i will miss them but it's time to move on. iwill miss most here, thanks Luke for all the hard work on this site but a few seem to want to hijack threads and thats a shame. but the trolls want to just stir the pot so i'm out of here.:pleasantry:

To those of you who agree with the reason for kn's resignation I have a question for all of you. What in the world are you doing on a defensive firearm forum in the first place if religion is something you want to discuss with others? This site, in many instances, has been hijacked by an inordinate number of members who seemingly have forgotten what this forum supposedly was for. Quite frankly, politics, religion, if not directly related to firearms should not be on this site in the first place. The site has, at times, become a quagmire of zealots, nut jobs, hypocrites etc without even an intelligent thought about firearms and defensive carry. I wish kn good luck on some religious forum and hope all of you who agree with him and share his comments will also move to forums that fit your intent--just stop "clogging" meaningful discussions on firearms and defensive carry with unrelated religion and non-gun comments on the UN, Obama, etc etc. Start your own forum or find another but stay out of this one---it is becoming burdensome to have to find my way thru the insanity and hate that bloats this forum on a constant basis.

Hello? Who are you to say that politics and religion should not be on the site if not firearm related? Have you even looked at the site? The politics forum says anything not 2nd amendment related, and this forum is "off topic" and specifically for things not firearm related.

On this site people have been free to post their beliefs, despite the best efforts of a small group of people who want to stop them. My question is why would anyone want to join a site and try to stop people from posting their views in a manner in which they have been posting since the site began? YOU are the one who should start your own site. This site is established and should not be changed to suit you. So keep on crying if you wish.

Over 500 posts and you have not noticed that there are forums specifically non firearms related? If someone's religious belief is directly related to their belief on guns, politics, etc, they should feel free to state that, and why. Religion is part of who someone is. Stop being so afraid of religion.

So you call those whom you disagree with zealots, nut jobs, hypocrites, etc? What a well thought out, reasoned argument. :sarcastic: I think you deserve some good self analysis to determine why you hate.

Fear and hatred are what really have no place on this site.

I have joined the other site but as of now I am also going to stay a member here. I think Luke has taken some positive steps with the ability to rate posts and I feel all in all this is still a good site. I don't want to let a few troulbe makers run me off, after all that is their goal.

I think buddy hit the nail on the head.......and HK....I;m right there with ya although I see more of the same and..........well, we'll have to see.

I have joined the other site but as of now I am also going to stay a member here. I think Luke has taken some positive steps with the ability to rate posts and I feel all in all this is still a good site. I don't want to let a few troulbe makers run me off, after all that is their goal.

I've joined the other site as well.

But, I'm stickin' around for a while. I'l just go back to primarily being a lurker.

I want to see if Luke finally gets tired of the three trouble makers and bans them for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back