Musing on Boston 'Lockdown' and Door to Door searches

Dekul34

So, while I understand what they are doing and want to see this brought to an end, I'm curious about a couple things. On the news I keep seeing stories of the mayor and police ordering people to stay in their homes, heavily armed swat members yelling at people to go inside off their porches and intimidating them with some nebulous 'bomb threat' or other such thing. As far as I'm aware there is not a state of emergency there nor martial law so what right do the police have to tell you whether you can go outside or not, or anything else for that matter?

The other question is about door to door searches. Don't they need to have the homeowner's consent to perform these searches without a warrant? I certainly wouldn't want a jumpy swat team eager to nail some bomb suspect tearing apart my house for no reason... besides, if said suspect had tried to enter my home they'd already know and there would probably be a body for them to pick up... I'm just wondering how many people will not comply with these door to door searches and how many of their rights will be violated through intimidation or just ignoring their non-consent. Nothing against the police in general here but there are enough bad apples and itchy trigger fingers to make any crisis like this dangerous, just look at the manhunt for the ex-cop in Cali not long ago where groups of officers were lighting up random civilians just for driving pickup trucks.

No reports of non compliance. 4A says they need a warrant if the Patriot act does not override it. I for sure would not let them in... Like you they would have already gotten a call telling them they needed to remove the body. I have a feeling it's a test of the Marshall law they so desire.

I agree. It is for sure testing their present tactics, at the same time as they are looking for this muslimocreep. They'll have debriefings galore after it is all over, just to make improvements if possible to their tactics.
As far as these two are concerned, I'd bet that taquiyya has been in use by them for the ten years or so that they've been in this country. Though this isn't the only tell-tale, if you just listening to the elder's boxing coach, you can understand that they can't be trusted. Period.

We are discussing an event in Massachusetts, right? Few law abiding citizens have handguns in that state and the long guns are suppose to be locked up, aren't they? Me thinks the BG has an advantage there.

We are discussing an event in Massachusetts, right? Few law abiding citizens have handguns in that state and the long guns are suppose to be locked up, aren't they? Me thinks the BG has an advantage there.

Even if that were the case, I think I'd be.... cleaning, my shotgun, all day...

Probably a lot of this is total shock. Most people in general see someone in authority and just give way.

Based on all the video of the officers they are indeed jumpy as hell and are "probably" just trying to remove distractions as well as keep the people from being accidentally in the crossfire or give the perp a hostage. Officially the officers can not force the issue or make them go inside, kinda like in a hurricane.. "Mandatory Evacuation" is not really mandatory they just aren't going to come after or help you either.

If the officer asks to come in and/or the homeowner steps back it's implied consent, add a **** ton of - oh **** there is a nut bag bomber running around the sheep will of course give way. If you stand your ground I hope you have video and witnesses as even if you are in the right as you may not be seen that way in a local court room. Right now those police are seen as "heroes chasing down a dangerous and crazy terrorist and how dare you stand in the way of them getting that guy who blew up that kid and the marathon".

Don't get me wrong those cops are doing a hard, dangerous job, in which I appreciate what they are doing.... In this case though most of the public will see the infringement of rights as in the greater good of getting the "real bad guy".

As you said damn good thing he hasn't tried to hide in my home.... they would be picking up the body for sure.

Just my 2 cents which is probably worth less than that

"public will see the infringement of rights as in the greater good"
That's always been my issue...........When does my Rights take second seat to "The greater Good of Society"? The Bill of Rights is supposed to guarantee that never happens.
I hear what your saying, understand your premise. Don't agree in the "GREATER GOOD". The individual NOT the masses are supposed to be guaranteed rights. That's what make us different from most other countries.

No warrant no entry, period. As noted if he were to try and enter my home the police could send a body car and pick this slime ball up.

The highly educated police administrator that made the decision to"search every house from _____street to ____avenue." But sir we don't have enough men for that. Call in all the off duty, all leaves and comp days are cancelled.
I heard the press conference and they are asking the residents. (with a team of cops in SWAT gear)
What a waste of time and manpower. Good God.

I'll give Mass. State, Boston, Watertown and Cambridge law enforcement agencies props for apparently not having shot any innocent bystanders (yet?), but I also think that if the 19-year-old is still alive (which I tend to doubt), there is no way he will be taken alive. If they find him, he will be Dorner'ed one way or 'tother.

I heard one caller into FOX today say that they are knocking on doors, yelling an ID at the top of their lungs, and if no one answers the door, then they go to the bull-horn, and if someone still doesn't answer the door, they're making forced entries. I have not seen that on the coverage, but I have seen several emptying of homes and businesses and SWAT-like teams rushing inside to do their searches. I'd tell 'em to get lost, and if they insisted, I'd say, "Look, there's no criminals in here. If you're going to shoot me because I don't need or want you here, then fire away, but I'm not inviting you in."

Blues

That's always been my issue...........When does my Rights take second seat to "The greater Good of Society"? The Bill of Rights is supposed to guarantee that never happens.
I hear what your saying, understand your premise. Don't agree in the "GREATER GOOD". The individual NOT the masses are supposed to be guaranteed rights. That's what make us different from most other countries.

I absolutely agree with you mappow... I was just trying to explain how the sheeple see it. I don't agree with it but I have to put myself in their shoes so that I can try to understand their point of view so that I can argue it effectively.

I don't see that my rights should ever take a backseat to the greater good.

If I still lived in Boston, I would be on the local (maybe national) news because I would tell these cops to "F off" until they showed me a legal warrant to search my home and grounds.
My rights are for "the greater good". MY greater good and I refuse to submit to this fascist and ILLEGAL search.
They can all kiss my arse. They ain't getting in my house... Period!
I'm just waiting for the report on the one guy who says no to them! You watch, they'll kick his door in, drag him onto the pavement and cuff him!

I would add to my original post that the choice to allow, without PC or a warrant, would be just that MY CHOICE. I do and will always support LEO's, what I will not do is have my Rights violated. I'm sure most on this site totally agree.

So, while I understand what they are doing and want to see this brought to an end, I'm curious about a couple things. On the news I keep seeing stories of the mayor and police ordering people to stay in their homes, heavily armed swat members yelling at people to go inside off their porches and intimidating them with some nebulous 'bomb threat' or other such thing. As far as I'm aware there is not a state of emergency there nor martial law so what right do the police have to tell you whether you can go outside or not, or anything else for that matter?

The other question is about door to door searches. Don't they need to have the homeowner's consent to perform these searches without a warrant? I certainly wouldn't want a jumpy swat team eager to nail some bomb suspect tearing apart my house for no reason... besides, if said suspect had tried to enter my home they'd already know and there would probably be a body for them to pick up... I'm just wondering how many people will not comply with these door to door searches and how many of their rights will be violated through intimidation or just ignoring their non-consent. Nothing against the police in general here but there are enough bad apples and itchy trigger fingers to make any crisis like this dangerous, just look at the manhunt for the ex-cop in Cali not long ago where groups of officers were lighting up random civilians just for driving pickup trucks.
If the northern states had the density of firearm owners that the south does, they would have most likely already received that call by now and this thing would be over.

Something else to muse on.
How many gun-owners in Boston spent the night cowering in their homes?

The answer is "none of them."

if no one answers the door, then they go to the bull-horn, and if someone still doesn't answer the door, they're making forced entries.

Blues
I really hope that is not true and if it is then people that made that bonehead decision should be fired and I don't care how many Masters Degrees they have.
This needs follow up BIG TIME!

Something else to muse on.
How many gun-owners in Boston spent the night cowering in their homes?

The answer is "none of them."

I cower cocked & locked! Really don't want to sent you to your Maker BUT...,... Will aid in your journey if you're coming busting down my door.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back