Most Cops are Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like billt is 100% hunky-dorey as long as the cops dont kill him..(or you/me) everything else is fine.... steal my freedom (send me to jail) for some stupid law that is forbidden by the constitution? NO PROBLEM!!!! Steal my hard earned money for some asinine bull law that only serves to line the pockets of the usurpers? Fine with billt!!!!! just dont go killin people...., but even then, dont worry about it.... your odds are good....

The Asteroid is coming! It's going to take your life, house, guns, freedom, even your dog! Better start worrying. My God, how do we stop this total travesty? :rolleyes:

I'll bet billt doesn't even have batteries in the smoke detectors in his house because why waste money on batteries when there is such a tiny chance that you will ever need them?

Obviously police executions don't keep you up at night.

No, they don't. Because I worry about them as much as a guy who got struck by lightning. The odds of it happening are not a concern, period. This, no matter how much you want to try and inflate it. If you want to waste time worrying about something that has 1 in 320 million odds to effect you, go ahead. The point is you, along with the rest of your whole bunch, desperately want to make this into something that is a larger concern than it actually is. We've ALWAYS had bad cops, and we always will have bad cops. Technology, (video cameras in damn near every phone, along with the Internet coupled to a 24/7 news cycle), bring these acts to greater attention. If the Kennedy assassination happened today, they would have it videoed from 950 different angles and vantage points. But the results would have been no different. 1 of only 4 Presidents assassinated in the last 239 years this country has existed.

Nothing has changed, except the fact you're trying to inflate all of this into a much bigger concern than it actually is. And you've got a bunch of people here who's tears will compare to yours worrying about it. If that's all you've got to waste time concerning yourself with, perhaps you need a better life. The fact remains you cannot enlarge this into a bigger problem, regardless of how much you want to carry on about it. 1 in 320 million odds. Basically nothing. Now, I won't disrupt you and your bunch from your worrying yourselves...... Carry on.

I'll bet billt doesn't even have batteries in the smoke detectors in his house because why waste money on batteries when there is such a tiny chance that you will ever need them?

Odds of dying in a house fire..................... 1 in 1,177.

Odds of Death: A Numbers Game - HowStuffWorks

Odds of being killed by a cop................... 1 in 319,000,000

Be sure to keep your cell phone charged so you can video the next cop execution. :rolleyes:

Odds of dying in a house fire..................... 1 in 1,177.

Odds of being killed by a cop................... 1 in 319,000,000

Be sure to keep your cell phone charged so you can video the next cop execution. :rolleyes:

Really, billt? Here's what you just proved. Police officers love it when people talk to them, especially during investigations, because they listen carefully for the subject to say something to incriminate themselves so they can use it against you. That's why 99% of lawyers who aren't prosecutors will tell you "DON'T TALK TO POLICE!" And you have just provided the most beautiful prime example of this theory. You stated in your post above: "Odds of dying in a house fire..................... 1 in 1,177" What you have proven in that statement, billt, is that you are a liar who will distort any statistic that you can find to try to support your position. And you even provided us with the evidence. Let's look at what the link you posted actually says, shall we?

Exposure to smoke/fire: 1 in 1,177

So why you are trying to tell us is that every single person who has died due to exposure to smoke/fire happened in a house fire? Not a car fire. Not a forest fire. Not a volcanic eruption. But a house fire. See? By talking too much you confessed to being a liar. And that is why people like Deanimator and myself have a simple and easy rule: police officers are not our friends, their job is to gather evidence of criminal activity and arrest those whom they have gathered enough evidence against. I'll be willing to bet that every American violates at least one law every week and commits at least one felony in their lifetime. Talk enough to a police officer, especially during a detainment or investigation, and each word out of your mouth raises the odds of you incriminating yourself, just like you have done here.

Driver, "Officer, I would like to inform you, even though I am not required to by law, that I have a license to carry a firearm and I have a firearm in a holster on my belt, how would you like me to proceed?"
Officer, "Do you have any other firearms, knives, weapons with you?"
Driver, "Oh, yeah, there's a hunting knife back there somewhere."
Officer, "Well, sir, your gun is legal because you have a license, but that knife violates Seattle Ordinance XXXX, so I am going to have to give you a citation for that."

Really, billt? Here's what you just proved. Police officers love it when people talk to them, especially during investigations, because they listen carefully for the subject to say something to incriminate themselves so they can use it against you. That's why 99% of lawyers who aren't prosecutors will tell you "DON'T TALK TO POLICE!" And you have just provided the most beautiful prime example of this theory. You stated in your post above: "Odds of dying in a house fire..................... 1 in 1,177" What you have proven in that statement, billt, is that you are a liar who will distort any statistic that you can find to try to support your position. And you even provided us with the evidence. Let's look at what the link you posted actually says, shall we?

So why you are trying to tell us is that every single person who has died due to exposure to smoke/fire happened in a house fire? Not a car fire. Not a forest fire. Not a volcanic eruption. But a house fire. See? By talking too much you confessed to being a liar. And that is why people like Deanimator and myself have a simple and easy rule: police officers are not our friends, their job is to gather evidence of criminal activity and arrest those whom they have gathered enough evidence against. I'll be willing to bet that every American violates at least one law every week and commits at least one felony in their lifetime. Talk enough to a police officer, especially during a detainment or investigation, and each word out of your mouth raises the odds of you incriminating yourself, just like you have done here.

Driver, "Officer, I would like to inform you, even though I am not required to by law, that I have a license to carry a firearm and I have a firearm in a holster on my belt, how would you like me to proceed?"
Officer, "Do you have any other firearms, knives, weapons with you?"
Driver, "Oh, yeah, there's a hunting knife back there somewhere."
Officer, "Well, sir, your gun is legal because you have a license, but that knife violates Seattle Ordinance XXXX, so I am going to have to give you a citation for that."

Blah, Blah, Blah........ Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen a group of people so desperately try to make something out of nothing in my entire life! Are you really that afraid of cops? Are you so F*#KING paranoid that 1 in 319,000,000 odds has you this frightened and all worked up? You sound like a paranoid little hermit sticking your head out of the drapes every time someone drives by. If you're this afraid of what cops might do to you, you must pi$$ in your pants over the neighborhood no good. How about when you get on an elevator? Do you cover your eyes and pray until the door opens? If you're this worked up over cops, what the hell are you like to drive with? Do you have sweaty hands on the wheel, thinking about how you could be killed at any second? You people are F*#KING NUTS! This is getting comical. :wacko:

So why you are trying to tell us is that every single person who has died due to exposure to smoke/fire happened in a house fire? Not a car fire. Not a forest fire. Not a volcanic eruption. But a house fire. "

Because it was YOU who mentioned Smoke Detectors. Do you have smoke detectors in your car? If you have 1 in 1,177 odds of dying in ANY fire, it's even less in a house fire. "Volcanic Eruption"....... Jesus Christ, you really are NUTS! :wacko:

Blah, Blah, Blah........ Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen a group of people so desperately try to make something out of nothing in my entire life! Are you really that afraid of cops? Are you so F*#KING paranoid that 1 in 319,000,000 odds has you this frightened and all worked up? You sound like a paranoid little hermit sticking your head out of the drapes every time someone drives by. If you're this afraid of what cops might do to you, you must pi$$ in your pants over the neighborhood no good. How about when you get on an elevator? Do you cover your eyes and pray until the door opens? If you're this worked up over cops, what the hell are you like to drive with? Do you have sweaty hands on the wheel, thinking about how you could be killed at any second? You people are F*#KING NUTS! This is getting comical. :wacko:

Translation: "I got caught making stuff up so I am going to throw a tantrum."

Link Removedbillt, YOU are the one trying to "make something out of nothing" here, not us..... Just go back to fluffing in the corner because we dont believe anything you say, and are not going to be swayed by your tantrums and lies.....

Does anyone have a good cop or bad cop personal story, it would be an interesting read.

Yeah, I do. In fact I've never had a bad experience with police...... Ever, in 62 years. That includes 6 municipalities in Illinois, and 2 in Arizona. Not one bad cop. Trust me, it would not be an "interesting read" for the cop haters on this board. You're wasting your time. They've already proven they want to worry about cops killing them. Regardless of the fact the odds of it happening are less than it is to be struck by lightning.

Does anyone have a good cop or bad cop personal story, it would be an interesting read.

See my signature and click the link.

Where is it said, billt, that every topic of discussion on this forum must carry with it a high probability that commenters will likely experience the issue being discussed for it to be a valid topic? What are the odds of you ever having to shoot someone in a legal self-defense scenario? Pretty slim I would imagine, yet here you are on a gun forum where that possibility is discussed every single day. And here we are, the "bunch," in the LEO Encounters forum talking about the possibilities in LEO Encounters. What's your freakin' beef?

The "bunch" of us concerned about the state of policing in this country are discussing it from the perspective of simply being interested in the topic. Why do you begrudge us taking advantage of the opportunity to suss out such an issue? Why do you care whether we're worried about it happening to us personally, or whether we're just concerned citizens trying to figure out how other folks see the same issues we're interested in?

You create a false premise (that the odds are so slight of being shot by a cop, therefore it isn't a valid topic of conversation) and then b!tch and moan when the "bunch" doesn't just submit to your judgment of what's valid and what ain't valid to talk about. Screw you. If you don't want to talk about abusive cops, then don't talk about it, but you're not a moderator here, and you don't get to dictate what is valid forum banter and what ain't.

Blues

Kathryn Johnston's were 319,000,000/319,000,000.

For Kathryn Johnston and Michael Pleasance, the odds were 100%.

The police killed Johnston and Pleasance.

Kathryn Johnston's and Michael Pleasance's chances were excellent....

Man, I really hated it when car salesmen faked up a warrant affidavit, murdered Kathryn Johnston and planted drugs in her house...

Did you personally know these two? Or are they the only lame examples you can come up with, amidst all of these insurmountable number of cop killings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back