Most Cops are Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Cops are Good?
  • Define "most". - 51%?
  • Define "good". - Was Drew Peterson "good" before his wives started dying and disappearing?
  • What is the methodology of measurement?
The truth is that the oft made assertion is probably not subject to rational proof or disproof, since there is no reasonable means of measurement. It would literally require somebody to follow EVERY cop around, twenty four hours a day.

The TRUTH:
  • It is a CERTAINTY that all cops are NOT "good" (as the word is commonly understood).
  • it is PROBABLE that not all cops are "bad" (as the word is commonly understood).
  • It is undeniable that the actual number of "good" cops falls SOMEWHERE in between "none" and "all". WHERE that number falls is another story altogether.

The problem is with a few people it is black or white with no grays.

You either hate cops to your very being, or you are a badge fluffer.

What's the "gray" area of a 300lb. drunken coward stomping a 100lb. woman because she won't serve him more liquor, then getting his cop buddies to threaten her, her employer and co-workers?

What's the "gray" area of a cop sodomizing a handcuffed man with a broken broom stick?

What' the "gray" area of a group of cops operating a burglary, home invasion and kidnapping ring?

The REAL "problem" is cops who want to be a class above everyone else, beyond the reach of the very same law which they purport to enforce... along with their fanbois enabling them every step of the way.

If I wanted to live in the sort of country that a lot of cops and their fanbois want, I'd move to Syria to live under Bashar al Assad.

What's the "gray" area of a 300lb. drunken coward stomping a 100lb. woman because she won't serve him more liquor, then getting his cop buddies to threaten her, her employer and co-workers?

What's the "gray" area of a cop sodomizing a handcuffed man with a broken broom stick?

What' the "gray" area of a group of cops operating a burglary, home invasion and kidnapping ring?

The REAL "problem" is cops who want to be a class above everyone else, beyond the reach of the very same law which they purport to enforce... along with their fanbois enabling them every step of the way.

If I wanted to live in the sort of country that a lot of cops and their fanbois want, I'd move to Syria to live under Bashar al Assad.

Thanks for validating my point.

Which people are which? Are you implying/accusing some on here as haters? (the fluffers are easy to spot, no need to "out" them, they do it themselves) Spit it out if you have something to say..... I will caution you though.... I dont think you know ANYONE on here good enough to prove anything you might THINK you know.... I am even going as far as to say that you THINK I am one of those "Haters"... and you would be wrong, aint that a beach? I do hate BAD cops, and I dont trust ANY cop UNTIL they prove by their actions that they arent Rights infringers or thugs..... But I do NOT hate all cops, so your premise is WRONG....

I will however say that I am not SURE you had me in mind as a "hater", I just got that from your post.....

Oh, still have XD available you to enjoy?

Which people are which? Are you implying/accusing some on here as haters? (the fluffers are easy to spot, no need to "out" them, they do it themselves) Spit it out if you have something to say..... I will caution you though.... I dont think you know ANYONE on here good enough to prove anything you might THINK you know.... I am even going as far as to say that you THINK I am one of those "Haters"... and you would be wrong, aint that a beach? I do hate BAD cops, and I dont trust ANY cop UNTIL they prove by their actions that they arent Rights infringers or thugs..... But I do NOT hate all cops, so your premise is WRONG....

I will however say that I am not SURE you had me in mind as a "hater", I just got that from your post.....

No I don't know you, but I've seen many of your posts, and you paint with a very broad brush.

No I don't know you, but I've seen many of your posts, and you paint with a very broad brush.

I still dont know where you stand or whether or not you meant me in your first or even this post.... perhaps YOU could stop painting with such a broad brush?

Work with a guy whose brother is on the job, know him seems to be a stand up guy, never heard a bad thing about him, here is the problem. Guy I work with gets a speeding ticket from a trooper, and admits to me he was speeding, gives ticket to his brother and the "fix" is in. Now is he corrupt? I say yes, but someone might say, "but he was looking out for his brother". Corrupt is corrupt, taking money, shaking down a drug dealer, or fixing a ticket is all the same to me

Work with a guy whose brother is on the job, know him seems to be a stand up guy, never heard a bad thing about him, here is the problem. Guy I work with gets a speeding ticket from a trooper, and admits to me he was speeding, gives ticket to his brother and the "fix" is in. Now is he corrupt? I say yes, but someone might say, "but he was looking out for his brother". Corrupt is corrupt, taking money, shaking down a drug dealer, or fixing a ticket is all the same to me

"fixing tickets" is illegal in every state that I know of. He is not only corrupt, but guilty of a crime (in my state, anyway)....

Washington:
RCW 46.64.010: Traffic citations ? Record of ? Cancellation prohibited ? Penalty ? Citation audit.

RCW 46.64.010
Traffic citations — Record of — Cancellation prohibited — Penalty — Citation audit.
(3) It shall be unlawful and official misconduct for any traffic enforcement officer or other officer or public employee to dispose of a traffic citation or copies thereof or of the record of the issuance of the same in a manner other than as required in this section.
(5) Any person who cancels or solicits the cancellation of any traffic citation, in any manner other than as provided in this section, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Guy I work with gets a speeding ticket from a trooper, and admits to me he was speeding, gives ticket to his brother and the "fix" is in. Now is he corrupt? I say yes, but someone might say, "but he was looking out for his brother"

Assuming that the trooper involved doesn’t say something like “WTF do you want me to do with this, commit official misconduct & perjury, AYOOYFM?”
If the trooper went along with the misguided idea & criminal act and destroyed the ticket [and thus become part of a conspiracy to commit official misconduct ect.] it wouldn’t make any sense as there are still at least 4 other copies of it.

One will stay at the trooper’s local base, another goes to the local traffic court [where he has to testify], the trooper has his copy, and the fourth probably goes to the State for statistical purposes.
In my agency the summonses all have bar codes on them. They are scanned into the local cja computer and then sent to us. They are then scanned into our dept. computer & issued to us. We are responsible for each & every one. You have to account for all your summonses, even ones that get damaged, become illegible or get lost. There’s no way for a summons to just get “lost” in our system.

All "systems" are not the same.

HUMAN BEINGS have gotten "lost" in various "systems" for weeks and even YEARS.

Here's just one among many available examples confirming that statement: (Don't recall for sure, but a NSFW and/or strong language warning probably applies here)

Sorry for the length, but you have to listen to most of it to get the whole depth of depravity perpetrated against this man. The government is still fighting the record-setting wrongful-conviction award, and the government's complicity in keeping this man jailed long after they knew he hadn't committed the crime for which he was convicted, is exposed during the 16 minute video as well.

Nobody with a brain to think and eyes to see believes cops, or any other arm/agency of government, when they promulgate the myth that they're here to help, defend and protect us anymore.

Blues

Depends on your definition of "good." They are immune from most laws applied vigorously to the rest of us, and they are paid with money and property stolen from the rest of us..

Not my definition of any kind of "good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back