Maybe You Guys will Understand How STUPID This Reaction Is

So how about a BAR, or a M82 or M107.

I carry every moment I legally can, but it is for protection, not to make a statement. And how has the open carry of AR15's, etc, worked of late. Banning all guns from $tarbuck$, banned all guns from Chipotle, etc.

We also have our 1A rights, but that does not mean that yelling "fire" in a crowded theater should be deemed as reasonable.

I carry every moment I legally can, but it is for protection, not to make a statement. And how has the open carry of AR15's, etc, worked of late. Banning all guns from $tarbuck$, banned all guns from Chipotle, etc.

We also have our 1A rights, but that does not mean that yelling "fire" in a crowded theater should be deemed as reasonable.

What's a tactical shotgun vs a regular shotgun? Is it one step below an assault shotgun but above a tacticool shotgun?

You don't make a statement...for good or bad...good job you contributed absolutely nothing in real life like you are here online.

It was the MDA making a stink about a group of oc in an entirely different state that caused the banning of firearms...and it was people like you who never make a statement that let them ***** and moan unopposed.

I'm all for Rights...except yours.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Just because you carry only for protection doesn't make carrying for protection the only valid reason to carry. Different people carry for different reasons. I carry openly for protection AND to make the political statement that I support the right to bear arms AND to have the opportunity to educate people that there is such a thing as the RIGHT!!!! to bear arms.

Sadly there are those who think they should be able to tell other people what is "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable", when it comes to exercising their right to bear arms... and they are called anti gunners. Or, in the case of gun owners/carriers who don't like how other gun owners/carriers exercise the right to bear arms, they are called anti gunner lites because, just like the anti gunner, they think they should be able to tell other folks what they should not do just because they don't like people to do it.

Is it legal to carry a BAR, or a M82 or M107 in NC? If so why would anyone think they have anything to say about someone carrying one of them?

Want to know what progress has resulted from carrying a gun in ways you don't approve of? A shotgun was carried into a Lansing Michigan library a while back that resulted in a Michigan Supreme Court ruling that "authorities" like a library authority, a downtown development authority, or a transit authority, could not make their own gun ban rules more strict than Michigan State law. You can look that up by following the link below.

CADL vs. MOC - Chronological History | Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

The real question is "what" are they open carrying? To OC a reasonable handgun (not a true handcannon), no issue. An AR15, tactical shotgun, etc, or a huge handgun is just a "lookie lookie look at me, I have a gun" statement.

".... the right to keep and bear arms shall not infringed."

I don't know about you, but I don't see the word "reasonable" in that simple statement. So just exactly are you to infringe on someone's right to "... bear arms...." just because you think it's not "reasonable"? If you can do it, why not obozo, hildabeast or any other antigun politician? And if that's true, what's the difference between you and a gun banner?

You either believe in the 2nd amendment - or you don't.

I definitely open carry to make a statement. The statement is: "If you are thinking about attacking me in any way, you might want to pick someone else."

If you can do it, why not obozo, hildabeast or any other antigun politician? And if that's true, what's the difference between you and a gun banner?

You either believe in the 2nd amendment - or you don't.

There isn't a difference.

What's a tactical shotgun vs a regular shotgun? Is it one step below an assault shotgun but above a tacticool shotgun?

You don't make a statement...for good or bad...good job you contributed absolutely nothing in real life like you are here online.

It was the MDA making a stink about a group of oc in an entirely different state that caused the banning of firearms...and it was people like you who never make a statement that let them ***** and moan unopposed.

I'm all for Rights...except yours.

That tells me far more about you than you realize. But I still defend your right to show how bigoted and judgemental you are, for all to see. Sorry you don't have the courage or character to respond in kind.

That tells me far more about you than you realize. But I still defend your right to show how bigoted and judgemental you are, for all to see. Sorry you don't have the courage or character to respond in kind.

You give yourself way too much credit...way too much.Link Removed

Sorry you don't have the courage or character to respond in kind.

Confirmed

Sorry you don't have the intelligence or education to understand my response.

Confirmed.

Ps: if kindness was deserved, it would of been applied. I'm not kind to the MDA, Obama, Clinton, or any other "reasonable gun control" advocate.

I wish people would understand that rights, all rights, are exactly what they are.... rights... but the ability to exercise those rights has become a privilege controlled by someone's opinion of what is "reasonable", "appropriate", or "acceptable".

Every living human being has the right to bear arms. It is those who think they are more important than others who want to be in control of what is "reasonable", "appropriate", or "acceptable" when it comes to actually bearing arms.

And so it goes for all the other rights human beings have just because they are human beings. And there is always someone who wants to be in charge of who is, and who IS NOT!, allowed to exercise those rights. It is easy to recognize who those control freaks are because they always use the words "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable" when describing what they think should be ..... allowed. But it really comes down to is what is NOT "allowed".

And the only difference between an anti gunner and a gun owning anti gunner lite is the degree of gun control considered "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable".... but it is all still gun control.

Link Removed

This mental midget unslung his gun for what purpose? Look at me look at me, or he is just about to defend himself, the only reason to unsling his gun. What would you think if you just walked in? What if it was a handgun in his hand (unholstered)? What would a cop think when he went in for a donut, and sees a man with a gun in the down ready position. How about a unholstered handgun (the equivalent of this guys 'pose')

Want a picture of you with your gun, do it at the range, the gun store, or in you house or backyard.

These idiots do nothing to further the cause for any gun owner, and has been demonstrated to have a negative effect on the perception about all gun owners. How has this worked out, no guns in Starbucks, Chipotle, Target, etc., all over a very few look at me idiots, and you attack me because I recognize the harm these idiots are doing. Any laws changed for the positive? How about the perception of the public?

In todays world, the "all or nothing" mindset will not have the results these people want, that's the reality.

Link Removed

This mental midget unslung his gun for what purpose? Look at me look at me, or he is just about to defend himself, the only reason to unsling his gun. What would you think if you just walked in? What if it was a handgun in his hand (unholstered)? What would a cop think when he went in for a donut, and sees a man with a gun in the down ready position. How about a unholstered handgun (the equivalent of this guys 'pose')

Want a picture of you with your gun, do it at the range, the gun store, or in you house or backyard.

These idiots do nothing to further the cause for any gun owner, and has been demonstrated to have a negative effect on the perception about all gun owners. How has this worked out, no guns in Starbucks, Chipotle, Target, etc., all over a very few look at me idiots, and you attack me because I recognize the harm these idiots are doing. Any laws changed for the positive? How about the perception of the public?

In todays world, the "all or nothing" mindset will not have the results these people want, that's the reality.

Certainly my perception of this man would be very different than my perception of the same man with his gun slung on his back while he ran his errands.

Certainly my perception of this man would be very different than my perception of the same man with his gun slung on his back while he ran his errands.

Link Removed

Hahaha hahaha you two realize this is not even a Starbucks in America right? He is an American soldier in another country and they were told they had to be armed. This picture was taken years before the Starbucks MDA crap came up.

This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things ? Starbucks

Edit: I was contacted by the*individual pictured above. He is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005. He did not request the photo be removed, just wanted to add context for this particular photo. -Casey

Calling an active member of our military a mental midget in another country...wow...pretty much seals the deal on your "courage and character".

Link Removed

Maybe it's a good thing you aren't "making statements" for gun owners...people would think we are all idiots.

This mental midget unslung his gun for what purpose? Look at me look at me, or he is just about to defend himself, the only reason to unsling his gun. What would you think if you just walked in?

You both fit the description of the title of this thread PERFECTLY:
[h=1]Maybe You Guys will Understand How STUPID This Reaction Is[/h]XD40scinNC, I can tell you EXACTLY what I would have thought if I had walked in because I have walked into that EXACT same starbucks which used to be in the middle of a US camp in the middle of Kuwait in the middle of the Iraq war! I would have thought - there's another Army or Navy guy posing for a funny photo to send home.

Hahaha hahaha you two realize this is not even a Starbucks in America right? He is an American soldier in another country and they were told they had to be armed off base. This picture was taken years before the Starbucks MDA crap came up.

This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things ? Starbucks

Edit: I was contacted by the*individual pictured above. He is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005. He did not request the photo be removed, just wanted to add context for this particular photo. -Casey

Calling an active member of our military a mental midget in another country...wow...pretty much seals the deal on your "courage and character".

Maybe it's a good thing you aren't "making statements" for gun owners...people would think we are all idiots.

That Starbucks wasn't off base. It was in the middle of Camp Arifjan, I've posted on quite a few gun forums from there back in 2008 except I only had an M9 in a holster because I am an officer and they wouldn't let me play with bigger guns :-(.

You both fit the description of the title of this thread PERFECTLY:
[h=1]Maybe You Guys will Understand How STUPID This Reaction Is[/h]XD40scinNC, I can tell you EXACTLY what I would have thought if I had walked in because I have walked into that EXACT same starbucks which used to be in the middle of a US camp in the middle of Kuwait in the middle of the Iraq war! I would have thought - there's another Army or Navy guy posing for a funny photo to send home.

That Starbucks wasn't off base. It was in the middle of Camp Arifjan, I've posted on quite a few gun forums from there back in 2008 except I only had an M9 in a holster because I am an officer and they wouldn't let me play with bigger guns :-(.

My mistake, will correct.

Link Removed

You, just like the anti gun Bloomberg funded group Mothers Demand Action did with the Chipolte photo, are taking a photo completely out of context in an effort to push your agenda of wanting everyone to only carry in ways/places you personally think are "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable".

I'd like to address the part of your post I put in bold by quoting a portion of an earlier post of my own ....

-snip-

Want to know what progress has resulted from carrying a gun in ways you don't approve of? A shotgun was carried into a Lansing Michigan library a while back that resulted in a Michigan Supreme Court ruling that "authorities" like a library authority, a downtown development authority, or a transit authority, could not make their own gun ban rules more strict than Michigan State law. You can look that up by following the link below.

CADL vs. MOC - Chronological History | Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

Now ..... did you have the intellectual honesty to actually follow that link and find out what positive effect openly carrying a shotgun into a library in Michigan had on it being illegal for any portion of government except the State legislature to make gun law?

Did you know that it only took about 8 years for open carry in Michigan to go from being largely unknown to a common sight in everyday life because what you consider "mental midgets" and "idiots" actually got off their asses and open carried pistols AND RIFLES? During the first few years there were many lawsuits for illegal police detentions (those suits were won too), there were many police depts. that were retrained in the legality of open carry, and the media had a field day with quite of bit of coverage... lots of it quite negative... and the end result was the media ended up educating Michigan's population by spreading the fact that open carry in Michigan was perfectly legal.

And all that happened because some folks understood that hoping to keep your rights by not exercising your rights because someone might not like it is backasswards thinking since giving up your rights for fear someone might not like it means you, out of nothing but your own fear, have voluntarily given away your rights.

By the way....

-snip-
The "let's compromise in hopes we will be allowed to keep our rights" mindset is how we got all the gun control laws in what you call "today's world". And THAT is the reality.

A personal comment not directed at any individual or group of individuals...

I am so sick and tired of rabid anti gunners and gun owning/gun carrying anti gunner lites who try to push an agenda of "Do what I say is "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable", because I know what's best!" using the tired old tactics of ridicule, insults, demeaning, diminishing, redirecting, avoiding, and obfuscating, as a way to support their transparent "I wanna be in control of how you exercise your rights." argument.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back