Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court to hear gun rights case

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court is expected to decide whether a state law that requires residents to apply for gun licenses with their local police departments is unconstitutional.

Read About It: Link Removed

Awesome news! We need a change here because the local Chiefs having a say complicates things very much. Why should one town have different laws than another? It should be a uniform procedure with the same laws across the state.

HR 218 Information

I found a good article in the Jan 2011 Law Officer Magazine titled Improving the Concealed Carry Law - Tactics and Weapons ... in case you do not receive the magazine you can find it by doing a Google search in short
“Jan 12, 2011 ... Improving the Concealed Carry Law. New act better defines who's qualified to carry. article; comments.” Tweet • Laura L. Scarry | From the ...
www.lawofficer.com/article/tactics.../improving-concealed-carry-law - Cached
One point that I find curious is that agencies are not mandated to issue retired credentials; another interesting point is that if they do not issue retired credentials your old agency credentials will suffice. If something happens and you end up in a court one question will help to solve an issue. That question is “are you a qualified retired law enforcement officer.”

Pat Olvey
Link Removed
email [email protected]

Carry Conceal Article

I found a good article in the Jan 2011 Law Officer Magazine titled Conceal carry, new strategies for the plainclothes carry by Chris Boyd.
Concealed Carry - Tactics and Weapons - LawOfficer.com
Jan 12, 2011 ... In this follow up article, veteran Chris Boyd shares his insights into ... Concealed Carry. New strategies for the plainclothes carry ...
Link Removed - Cached, the bottom
Line of the article is to carry a handgun that you will not leave at home but have with you and always carry it in the same location on your body.

Pat Olvey
Link Removed
email [email protected]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back