Man Shoots Himself While Bowling

This reminds me of a young man named Plaxico Burress. I believe since his "accidental" (yes negligent) discharge cost him two years of his life since it was in NYC.

Mama always said, stupid is as stupid does. Mama was a smart woman.

I would never bowl with a gun in my pocket or even in a holster. The gun would be in my bowling bag.

:nono:

I would never bowl with a gun in my pocket or even in a holster. The gun would be in my bowling bag.

:nono:

For someone to grab while your bowling? Not sure that's the best idea either. As a gun owner, you have a responsibility to secure your firearm at all times.

@firelooker, I do agree... That's what Holsters are for, carry your pistol in a good quality CCW holster & you won't have to worry about it.

Proof that being stupid should (and often DOES) hurt!
I think incidents like this are the firearms world equivalent of The Darwin Awards. Not all of these idiots may kill themselves, but I have to confess that I do take at least a modicum of comfort that these incidents do 'thin the herd' so to speak when it comes to legal gun carriers. Even if these people don't kill themselves, you can bet they carry a heck of a lot safer if they ever choose to carry again, and that thins the herd of idiot carriers that give the rest of us a bad name. It also serves as an example to at least some of the other idiot carriers out there. Many of them may never get the message, but at least some will. I bet if there were any other lawful carriers in that bowling alley at the time, they got the message loud and clear. Every little bit helps.

Accidentally discharged? In my book there is no such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent discharge.

Not 100% true. Although a very small chance, maybe minuscule mechanical malfunction can occur. I've never seen one but................

I know we all make mistakes, but that was ridiculously stupid. Some one could have been killed. Then he would be sitting in the courtroom looking like a fool. And if this happened would he have received prison time, does anyone have a clue ???

That's it he was pissed and shot the pins and missed and hit himself, I'm sorry its not funny somebody could have been hurt, but if it was a small gun just stuffed in his pocket it still had to have help to go off as was said maybe his pocket also had his keys/cell ph/ or whatever, ether way he got a painful lesson

I saw this story and thought I'd post it over here. I don't think I would be carrying while I was bowling but if you are at least have a proper holster.

You should carry everywhere you legally can, including a bowling alley. You never know... you could be confronted by Nihilists. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back