Man Shoots Himself While Bowling

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this story and thought I'd post it over here. I don't think I would be carrying while I was bowling but if you are at least have a proper holster. I'm not sure what exactly caused it but you are responsible for your firearm when you are carrying.

Link Removed

JUPITER, Fla. - A man accidentally shot himself Tuesday night at the Jupiter Lanes Bowling Alley located on Maplewood Drive.

The man's own gun accidentally discharged, injuring him, said Jupiter Police Officer Adam Brown.

I carry pretty much everywhere bowling included. But I agree with you wear a proper holster. And how does a modern firearm go off accidentally. Keep your finger off the trigger unless you are going to shoot folks.

I certainly would carry while bowling (hypothetically, haven't bowled in years).
You would need to pay attention to your method of carrying, considering how your strong arm passes so close to your body! As you said, you should have your gun properly holstered.
This is my first post under this name. I used to post as defender829. I am unable to log on using this phone as defender829.

I saw this story and thought I'd post it over here. I don't think I would be carrying while I was bowling but if you are at least have a proper holster. I'm not sure what exactly caused it but you are responsible for your firearm when you are carrying.

Link Removed

JUPITER, Fla. - A man accidentally shot himself Tuesday night at the Jupiter Lanes Bowling Alley located on Maplewood Drive.

The man's own gun accidentally discharged, injuring him, said Jupiter Police Officer Adam Brown.

I'm curious to know exactly what sidearm he was carrying...
The story stated that he was carrying the pistol in his pocket, so I'm assuming that it was a small .380 of some sort.
I'm also wondering if he even had it holstered inside a pocket holster.

The story stated that he was carrying the pistol in his pocket, so I'm assuming that it was a small .380 of some sort.

They make a pocket holster for the lcp (i think) that has the trigger accessible. Might have been something like this if it was in a holster.

Yet another negligent idiot who tarnishes us all. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts there was no holster at all.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly how he was carrying. Was it just stuck in his waistband without a holster, or was it a holster that didn't cover the trigger?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

He probably had a bunch of junk in the same pocket as his pistol. Something got caught in the trigger guard and it went off. Dangerous to him and everyone around him I say.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

They make a pocket holster for the lcp (i think) that has the trigger accessible. Might have been something like this if it was in a holster.

I use a nylon Uncle Mike's pocket holster for my Taurus TCP. It covers the trigger and its the only thing in that pocket too.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Stick a naked piston in your pocket, or under your belt, well what the hell do you expect.

Holsters do more than "hold the gun", the protect the trigger from the finger.

As Nightmare said, the guy was an idiot, and his parts that keep him in the gene pool probably escaped damage.

Bowling? I thought you said Balling. He's got some balls carrying in a bowling alley. I guess his game got all balled up that night. He must have been balling all the way to the hospital. LE investigated and the ball is now in their court. The article didn't give his name, it's One Hung Low. He's Chinese.
My sister-in-law is a nurse practitioner in St. Mary's Hospital. I'll have to call her.

I've wanted to shoot myself a couple of times while golfing...

Doesn't make much sense. How do you shoot yourself when bowling? I've bowle a few frames in the past but never did my hand or arm come in contact w/ any part of my body.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back