Man arrested for Open Carry in Arbys - Louisville Ky

Too many assumptions.

1. You're assuming the quoted employee has been there long enough to know what company policy regarding the packing of firearms is. It's just as likely that the employee was assuming.
2. Just because the officer was telling the OCer he should cover his weapon, does not mean that said officer was aware of the company policy either. Based on what was reported, I'd assume the officer thought that OC in general was illegal, and was trying to "correct" perceived "bad behavior."

And usually, depending on Kentucky's CC laws, just because a business says you can carry concealed, doesn't mean you don't need a license to do so. Carrying concealed in a business open to the public is not the same as carrying in a private residence.

Last edited:
The officer conveying his knowledge of the establishments’ policy to the patron was neither illegal, nor inappropriate.

The courts disagree with you. It is not the officer's job, duty or authority to tell people what private property owners' policies are. Again, St. John v. Alamogordo Police:

Link Removed

After the courts ruled that police have no authority, nor is it appropriate for them to enforce establishments' policies, the city settled for $21,000 to keep St. John from suing them in a civil lawsuit.

Link Removed

The only difference between this Arby's case and the Alamogordo case is that this officer in Arby's was acting 100% on his own, without Arby's every asking him to do anything which makes it even more egregious.

If Arby's Mgmt told him he had to leave, and he didn't ... he would be guilty of trespassing. However, not what he was charged with. Sounds like the Officer was "creating" the issue ... and then mom, etc. didn't help it. The Officer also has no authority to arrest someone doing something that is legal, so he made up something. It will / should get thrown out, and then he can sue the city.

21 yrs old is a child to you? What are you? Another OLD man with a gun?

Hello there SGB.

I see you are somewhat sarcastic toward Agent Green as quoted above. I also notice you are a instructor by your picture insignia, as a instructor you must
come across all gender of different ages, from young to old , or do you exclude the old ?
It would appear as such, by your distasteful no class comment, it's also apparent if you really are a instructor I wouldn't recommend anyone attend your classes.

Furthermore if my father or any elderly person did attend, and I was present and you treated them with disrespect I would smack you sillier then you already are.

I try to avoid doing business where my pistol is not welcome. We can open carry in Kansas but I choose to not draw attention to myself so my gun remains legally concealed. I also avoid situations that my lead to public confrontations. If I was asked to put my gun away by a business owner or LEO I would comply then never spend another dollar in that establishment again. I would also tell the story to all of my gun carrying friends.

If I was asked to put my gun away by a business owner or LEO I would comply then never spend another dollar in that establishment again. I would also tell the story to all of my gun carrying friends.

Why "punish" a business because of a rogue LEO's opinion that may or may not represent the business's opinion, and which they have no authority to enforce upon you even if it is the business's opinion? I've been kicked out of a restaurant before because of a rogue LEO's opinion. When I brought the incident to the attention of the business owner the next day they apologized profusely and invited me, my family, my friends and our guns back. The LEO was acting on his own, AGAINST the wishes of the owner of the private property I was on.

Also, the minimum wage cashier putting in his/her two cents into the situation, which was started and created by the LEO may also in no way reflect the opinions of management or the business owners.

21 yrs old is a child to you? What are you? Another OLD man with a gun?

Hello there SGB.

I see you are somewhat sarcastic toward Agent Green as quoted above. I also notice you are a instructor by your picture insignia, as a instructor you must
come across all gender of different ages, from young to old , or do you exclude the old ?
It would appear as such, by your distasteful no class comment, it's also apparent if you really are a instructor I wouldn't recommend anyone attend your classes.

Furthermore if my father or any elderly person did attend, and I was present and you treated them with disrespect I would smack you sillier then you already are.

Internet commando at your service.

Hello there SGB.

OMG ...... another overly sensitive internet tough guy.

Link Removed

I'm shaking in my boots sparky. Little boys (regardless of age) with anger issues shouldn't play with guns, now put your momma's computer away and go back to watching skooby-doo reruns.

Hello there SGB.

OMG ...... another overly sensitive internet tough guy.

Link Removed

I'm shaking in my boots sparky. Little boys (regardless of age) with anger issues shouldn't play with guns, now put your momma's computer away and go back to watching skooby-doo reruns.

Now that's FUNNY! :p

Meh. Who cares. My experience with OCers and gun forums in general is they're filled with relative youngsters compensating for something. I've alos found it's why many become instructors. I could give a rat's ass about any of them except it pushes me towards supporting more gun control.

Meh. Who cares. My experience with OCers and gun forums in general is they're filled with relative youngsters compensating for something. I've alos found it's why many become instructors. I could give a rat's ass about any of them except it pushes me towards supporting more gun control.

^^^^Poster boy for the Brady Campaign right there! That's a post I would expect to see and applauded on their website.

Odd... I always thought that those who accuse others of "compensating for something" are projecting onto others their own need to "compensate for something".... Otherwise why even mention such a thing?

Sir Diealotz ,

LOVE YOUR PICTURE, If I was to place a face to the comment you made, it is that one. I want to say one thing about
your post regarding the elderly.
If you are, or are not a instructor means nothing, however, your attack on the elderly means a lot. You have crossed
the line when you offend these people.
In my career as a LEO I have come across many walks of life, and I can say, you are with out doubt a little man with
a big mouth and a chip on your shoulder, so you attack the weak, affirmed and the elderly, knowing full well they
probably wont Challenger you .
You stated, "I'm shaking in my boots sparkey" Let me add this, if I had you in my world for just a few minutes you
would be pissing in your boots and crying like a baby when the big steel door shuts on your worthless hide.
Your kind come and go's very quickly.
Remember these words as I'm certain you will experience it.

I am neither affiliated with Brady or old for that matter. Middle aged would be appropriate. And yes, every 21 year old I've ever met is still a child. As for gun control it's quite obvious some on this and other gun forums shouldn't be allowed to possess them. Don't like that viewpoint? Too bad so sad.

Sir Diealotz ,

LOVE YOUR PICTURE, If I was to place a face to the comment you made, it is that one. I want to say one thing about
your post regarding the elderly.
If you are, or are not a instructor means nothing, however, your attack on the elderly means a lot. You have crossed
the line when you offend these people.
In my career as a LEO I have come across many walks of life, and I can say, you are with out doubt a little man with
a big mouth and a chip on your shoulder, so you attack the weak, affirmed and the elderly, knowing full well they
probably wont Challenger you .
You stated, "I'm shaking in my boots sparkey" Let me add this, if I had you in my world for just a few minutes you
would be pissing in your boots and crying like a baby when the big steel door shuts on your worthless hide.
Your kind come and go's very quickly.
Remember these words as I'm certain you will experience it.

Link Removed
Oh oh! Here we go!

For a former LEO, your spelling and grammar are atrocious!

Just sayin..... Ya know?

I am neither affiliated with Brady or old for that matter. Middle aged would be appropriate. And yes, every 21 year old I've ever met is still a child. As for gun control it's quite obvious some on this and other gun forums shouldn't be allowed to possess them. Don't like that viewpoint? Too bad so sad.

The 2nd Amendment says, in part, "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed"... it does NOT say... "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed unless Agent Green, in his infinite wisdom, decides to infringe upon it by saying who shouldn't be allowed."

And "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" is worded the way it is because our Founding Fathers knew there are people with the same viewpoint expressed in your post who would like nothing better that to force their version of Utopia upon "we the people" by deciding who can.. and who can't... exercise their rights. But it isn't Utopia for the common folk they want... they want to create a Utopia for themselves where they are in power and they are the one's who get to say who amongst the common folk can, but more importantly, who CAN'T do things without their permission.

And I personally am glad the 2nd Amendment is worded the way it is for many reasons... one of them being it pisses off people with the viewpoint you have expressed in your post Sir.

Don't like my "viewpoint"? Want a tissue?

Oh... and every gun control advocate I've ever met didn't really care about the guns part and definitely DID NOT care about what a "right" is.... but they all, each and every one of them, arrogantly believed their obvious superiority entitled them to be in control of the lesser common folk. Each and every one of them wanted to have the power to dictate who can, but most importantly who can't... exercise their rights

Now tell me Agent Green....

About a 21 year old being a "child".... Have you met any of the young people in our military lately? Do you think those individual youngsters operating tanks and other heavy artillery/equipment, defusing IED's, in firefights, losing arms.. legs.. and even their very lives... are still a "child"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back