Lost man shoots violent home intruder.

Rich M

Link Removed

BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Wash. -- A man sitting in a parked car shot an alleged home intruder Monday morning after being threatened by the man himself, police said.

The incident happened just after 8 a.m. Monday when a homeowner on Stetson Avenue discovered a man in his kitchen rummaging through the cabinets, said Bainbridge Island Police Chief Jon Felman.

The intruder grabbed a large knife and came at the homeowner, who ran into the backyard while repeatedly telling the intruder to leave, Felman said.

But when the intruder began to reach for the homeowner's kids, the homeowner armed himself with a large claw hammer, sending the intruder running onto the street.

A witness spotted the intruder confront another man sitting in a parked car in the 500 block of Wood Ave. As the knife-wielding man moved closer, Felman said the driver pulled out a gun and fired three shots, which all struck the intruder in his lower body.

Police arrived to find the driver holding the gun on the wounded intruder. The driver immediately surrendered, and the intruder was taken to a local hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. His condition was not available.

The shooter will be released, police said, and will not face charges.

Man in parked car shoots intruder

Link Removed

BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Wash. -- A man sitting in a parked car shot an alleged home intruder Monday morning after being threatened by the man himself, police said.

The incident happened just after 8 a.m. Monday when a homeowner on Stetson Avenue discovered a man in his kitchen rummaging through the cabinets, said Bainbridge Island Police Chief Jon Felman.

The intruder grabbed a large knife and came at the homeowner, who ran into the backyard while repeatedly telling the intruder to leave, Felman said.

But when the intruder began to reach for the homeowner's kids, the homeowner armed himself with a large claw hammer, sending the intruder running onto the street.

A witness spotted the intruder confront another man sitting in a parked car in the 500 block of Wood Ave. As the knife-wielding man moved closer, Felman said the driver pulled out a gun and fired three shots, which all struck the intruder in his lower body.

Police arrived to find the driver holding the gun on the wounded intruder. The driver immediately surrendered, and the intruder was taken to a local hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. His condition was not available.

The shooter will be released, police said, and will not face charges.

I was confused by the "LOST man" part of the title ... I still am.

Anyway, if I read this article correctly, the home-owner had to run to his vehicle, retrieve the weapon, and shoot the advancing attacker from a seated position within the vehicle, RIGHT?

Just another reason to keep a weapon ON YOU at all times!

No, there was some guy sitting in a parked car, presumably looking at a map or something. He was lost. After the attacker menaced the family, he ran from the home and began menacing the guy in the parked car. The guy in the car then shot the man with the knife.

I had to figure all that out on my own. This was not an example of thorough journalism.

It was a second individual. The driver was lost and parked outside the home, referencing his GPS mapping, when the incident occured.

I have read it on a few of the local news outlets. The headline, and the clearness of the story, is different with each.

Link Removed

Link Removed

This reinforces my views. The shrimp can hit the fan, any-time and any-where. I almost feel wrong when I dont have my sidearm with me.

I would like to hear that the man with the claw hammer went to class and received his permit to carry.

I'm just dreading that it turns out the guy in the car was a get-away driver for the burglar and when he realized there was a witness, he decided to shoot his co-partner in crime.

I'm just dreading that it turns out the guy in the car was a get-away driver for the burglar and when he realized there was a witness, he decided to shoot his co-partner in crime.
Now you are bringing this incident to another level...:wacko: Isn't it enough that there are some confused people around here? Anyway, I like the way you think...:biggrin:

I see suspicious minds think in like circles! LOL!

On the other hand, it is STILL one less dirtbag on the streets, no matter who does the "incapacitating".

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back