Looking to make a move to Texas

You know, people in states with more freedoms carrying firearms then Texas allows could say the same thing about Texans.....

But your typical Texan isn't a liberal voting ass. Most of us are conservative voting asses. :)

That's true. Made
The news that Californians are moving into Texas with their radical kommie ideas. That's just F'd up. I'm a California native. However I live in PA now. Love this state.

If you are going to answer a question please know what the hell you are talking about. In Texas you can carry in a church as long as there is not a 30.06 sign posted. If you don't know something don't answer it.

Many people have their opinions about the Great State of Texas. we're country folk, we're uneducated, we're whatever you wanna say. Just remember, when it comes to gunlaws in Texas, use common sense. As stated above you cannot open carry. no cc in a bar, government building, sporting event(even outdoor), under any covered portion of a school(covered would be considered inside the school),most hospitals, convienece store where alcohol is sold, or where correctly posted. Correctly posted means letters are one inch by one inch, in contrasting colors(with the background), must be english AND spanish, must be posted at every entrance to the building. If its not correctly posted the sign is not valid.
Please don't answer if you don't know the law. You can carry in a store that sells alcohol and you can also carry in hospitals as long as they are not posted 30.06 Also a outdoor "covered" portion of a school is not off limits. Please know before you answer a question for someone.

Just remember, when it comes to gunlaws in Texas, use common sense. As stated above you cannot open carry. no cc in a bar, government building, sporting event(even outdoor), under any covered portion of a school(covered would be considered inside the school),most hospitals, convienece store where alcohol is sold, or where correctly posted. Correctly posted means letters are one inch by one inch, in contrasting colors(with the background), must be english AND spanish, must be posted at every entrance to the building. If its not correctly posted the sign is not valid.

I'm sorry, but none of those "laws" you mentioned have any common sense to them at all.

I stated "where correctly posted." and if you want to see about the school thing just as a chl instructor. or you can check property laws for texas. any covered portion of any building I.e. under a carport is considered inside. as for the church thing, I dont goto church enough to see any 30.06 signs. read it again before you decide to troll my S.h.i.t.

We lived in TX for 3 years, and I miss it. Also, IIRC you can carry a loaded long gun in a vehicle in TX. Ain't that kewl? I found the people to be cordial and friendly, and you can see the sun for most of the year.

Oh, and be sure to check out Rahr Brewery in Ft. Worth. When we lived there they had free beer on Saturday afternoon, but now it looks like they charge. Take a sandwich and enjoy it with some fine brew.

Link Removed

Last edited:
I stated "where correctly posted." and if you want to see about the school thing just as a chl instructor. or you can check property laws for texas. any covered portion of any building I.e. under a carport is considered inside. as for the church thing, I dont goto church enough to see any 30.06 signs. read it again before you decide to troll my S.h.i.t.
LOL...Iam a Texas DPS certified CHL instructor as well as a certified NRA instructor and like i said you are wrong about Texas laws..This is what i do for a living and teach every week...LOL a coverd carport is not off limits nor is a unposted church or store that sells alcohol....Like i said if you dont know the law that dont answer peoples post...

The term "premises" as used in section 46.035 "means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area."

A car port is not considered "premises" for purposes of concealed carry restrictions because it's classified as "other parking area".

Texas is a shall issue state. If you are not disqualified for some legal reason, you must be issued a license. You must be a resident of Texas for at least 6 months.[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain of residency requirements for the Texas permit. I am a native Texas of 60 years. I have a Florida non-res and carry on its reciprocity. You can get a Florida, Arizona, or Virginia permit before you move and be good to go when you get here. If you want to add a few more states to the list of legal carries, then get the Texas permit.

Texas is a shall issue state. If you are not disqualified for some legal reason, you must be issued a license. You must be a resident of Texas for at least 6 months.

I'm not certain of residency requirements for the Texas permit.

There is no longer a six month residency requirement. A non-resident can get a Texas permit, and a person moving to Texas can get a permit the day they step foot in Texas.

Sounds like y'all need to move to KY. Laws up here are awesome. I never thought you couldn't OC in TX. Just seems strange to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back