looking for some input regarding a situation.

He deleted his post, so everyone pat Firefighterchen on the back for having quoted it so that future visitors can learn from it.

Also
On the way home I was cut off by an Idaho driver, I should have run them off the road, pulled them out of their car and pistol whipped them while scraming "I HAVE A CFP!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME". That would have been a misdemenor right?

What I did do was tap my breaks, allow some clearance and drove home.

Dear God no. Idahoans are friggin' whack-jobs.

OK, guys, there is something happening here that seems to happen a lot on this forum, at it really chaps my hide.

Any time someone doesn't agree with you, it takes about a dozen posts before the entire thread degrades into name calling and a general consensus of "you shouldn't own a gun."

Well dammit, guys, I'm pretty sure you're the same bunch who says we should abide by the Constitution, and allow just about everyone to own a gun, with just about no restrictions. And yet, inevitably, these posts take the downward spiral into some kind of exclusive club where only people who think like you, act like you, and agree with you are worthy of firearms ownership.

I'm not saying what the OP did was smart, or right, and the state may very well decide what he did was egregious enough to ban him from gun ownership. But I just don't think it's right that you guys pick on people over things they can't change, when you don't really know what you might have done in that situation, and then summarily decide that based on an isolated series of bad choices, this particular person is no longer worthy of owning a gun.

wce3gp_th.jpg
34s2oar_th.jpg
4s1iy8_th.jpg
Link Removed
i4on83_th.jpg
mhzwd5_th.jpg
jq6jxd_th.jpg

OK, I have to let this go, this will be my last post on this thread.

I love the internets... I did a google search on this guys username.... since a lot of people use the same name on different sites.

help me puchase my fist handgun..?

This guy got his permit on the 13th, fired his gun for the first time on the 17th and it was confiscated by the 26th. OMG.

ROFLMMFAO! Good find. I also love some of his other posts over there:

"Lol, I should have stated That I would like a semi-auto. There is a s&w sd9 for sale for a really good price. Probly getting it, just don't know how I feel about it having no external safety. Can somebody explain this a little? How much of a risk is there of the trigger being pulled somehow if its in my waist line, clearly I would not keep one in the chamber with no holster, but what's the possibility? Sorry if this isn't the correct section, posted here because it will mainly be my CCW. thanks in advance."

How much of a risk? With the OP I'd say that the risk is substantial....

OK, guys, there is something happening here that seems to happen a lot on this forum, at it really chaps my hide.

Any time someone doesn't agree with you, it takes about a dozen posts before the entire thread degrades into name calling and a general consensus of "you shouldn't own a gun."

Well dammit, guys, I'm pretty sure you're the same bunch who says we should abide by the Constitution, and allow just about everyone to own a gun, with just about no restrictions. And yet, inevitably, these posts take the downward spiral into some kind of exclusive club where only people who think like you, act like you, and agree with you are worthy of firearms ownership.

I'm not saying what the OP did was smart, or right, and the state may very well decide what he did was egregious enough to ban him from gun ownership. But I just don't think it's right that you guys pick on people over things they can't change, when you don't really know what you might have done in that situation, and then summarily decide that based on an isolated series of bad choices, this particular person is no longer worthy of owning a gun.

I know exactly what I would have done in that situation. I would have pulled over and stopped to let the other driver pass by. I would have never played his game when being blocked from merging and I certainly would never have given him the finger initiating a road rage incident leading to LEO involvement. This is what any intelligent adult would do in that sitution. This scenario is easy. A scenario involving an attack or immediate threat of injury or death is a whole different story with many variables.

I never show my weapon unless I'm pulling the trigger?? I don't road rage. I use to but over time just developed patience. Not worth the extra 5 mins

QUOTE]

Generally I would agree with you localgirl. But in this case the OP was a real dumbass. Its people like this who bumble into concealed carry without a clue who end up doing something stupid and making the rest of us look bad. Owning and carrying guns is not for everyone. Too bad dumbass didn't figure this out before he got himself in trouble. He deserves what he gets.

First Washington State does NOT require handgun registration. You can have a private sale as long as the buyer is NOT of a prohibited class(felon or under age). Second thing is NEVER EVER talk to the police in a situation like this without a lawyer! Third losing your temper and carrying a gun mix about as well as a lit match and gasoline. Lastly anyone (and I have seen several) who have given the finger to another driver while driving is telling the world what their their age and IQ is.

The worst thing you could have done was to produce your firearm. I agree you should have left when you had the chance and called 911. Infact you could have had your girlfriend call them while you where trying to avoid him.

Hey guys, long time no talk. The "dumbass" is back saying the people who got out of line can eat their ******* words. Video proof was found, that proved he was a threat. I was 100% in the right, according the the judge and outcome of the case which was a dismissal. So thank you to the guy who partially stood up for me and or actually tried to give positive input... and the other assholes, well.. not even going to waste my words on them. Have a good one.

Hey guys, long time no talk. The "dumbass" is back saying the people who got out of line can eat their ******* words. Video proof was found, that proved he was a threat. I was 100% in the right, according the the judge and outcome of the case which was a dismissal. So thank you to the guy who partially stood up for me and or actually tried to give positive input... and the other assholes, well.. not even going to waste my words on them. Have a good one.

Lol I haven't read the whole thread so I won't address you calling everybody assholes...However, I have read the situation, and between your decisions in that and by the way you're acting here, I wouldn't trust you with a paintball gun. Just because a judge dismisses a case, DOES NOT MEAN you were in the right. You decided you wave your gun around because you "thought" he had a gun. If you were in fear for your life, fine. There are several things that would've been smarter than flashing the gun. Hit the gas, call 911. Even if he did have a shotgun what were you going to do, stick the gun out the window and shoot backwards while driving? Life isn't an action movie. A firearm is not a tool for intimidation. Keep pulling stunts like that and eventually your luck will run out and you will lose your CHL and most likely your freedom.

I have not visited this forum for years and as I was browsing this thread I could not help it.

My 2 Cents, according to the original post, it clearly was a stupid move involving a firearm for less then a lethal threat.

In Washington State we have Use of Force RCW 9A.16.020 that covers everything up to Deadly Force which is covered for the most part in RCW 9A.16.050 and through out these chapters as one can read in RCW 9A.16.010 that it must be Necessary and Reasonable .

Carrying a firearm is for self defense only, your not an enforcer or a cop and not to be the one raising the threat to a level of deadly force.

Claiming that there is video proof is not verifiable yet, you can get a copy by requesting a public records request or go through your attorney and obtain a copy, it is public record and then I would buy into as being fact, until then! not so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back