looking for some input regarding a situation.

Cotillion:254342 said:
I didn't read the other responses so if I'm beating a dead horse I'm sorry!

As far as any legal issues go I think you'll be ok and should be able to get your stuff back. I really hope you learned from this situation however that you never pull unless you're in direct danger. I totally understand the reason behind what you did and brandishing from a legal chl holder SHOULDN'T be a crime if its an attempt to dissuade someone acting like this, but unfortunately it is, and if it ever happens again dial 911 and drive to the police station.

This type of incident is actually quite common. I have a bad case of road rage myself but luckily have kept it in check up until now. About 2 months back I got up at 5:30 to get the kid ready for school and my usual routine is to climb out of bed and drive to the coffee shop. Well I live about 5 miles from the nearest stand but most of it is back roads with a 40-45mph speed limit.

So here I am driving down the road, going 42 in a 40 when all of a sudden a car is in front of me. I don't know if her lights were off and she just put them on or if she jumped out from a side road. Either way she's driving 28 miles an hour in what is now a 45. I try and slow down to wait for her to speed up, but about half a mile going under 30 I started getting pissed so I honked. She brake checks me 3 times! She then drops down to 20 and swerves around so I can't pass her ( 2 lane road ) for about 2 miles. The road then turns into a 4 lane road so I go to break around her and she literally would not let me pass!

I finally managed to bomb passed her at 60 mph and she was screaming and flipping me off. At this point my goal was to drive as fast as I could about a mile up the road, pull over and draw my .357 at her as she drove up. Luckily I got my wits about me before I did and started laughing and just drove off. I bet she never would have pulled crap like that again had I done it though!

OMG. Using your weapon to discourage someone from "acting like this". Is this an autocorrect issue our did you really type that out? Are you and the OP brothers?

As soon as I strap on a gun I give up the right to lose my temper. I give up the right to make smart aleck comments to passers by. I give up the right to do anything that may escalate any situation I’m in. Any altercation I’m in is a gun fight because there at least one gun involved, mine.

Once you open your mouth to a stranger you lose all control of where that interaction is going to go. First rule when you’re carrying a gun “Any check your mouth writes just might have to be cashed by your ass”

Um, not sure if you guys are retarded or just have selective reading issues but I believe I said I laughed it off and drove away after having like 2 seconds of rage. It was meant to be a joke about road rage, shoulda known better than to post anything other than super serious pretend facts from Google searches!

Oh and dlo, don't even bother trying to explain yourself to these fruitcakes. I bet most of them don't even own firearms let alone leave the house to use them. They jump from thread to thread looking for someone or something to argue and have no real beliefs of their own. This forum is full of them. I suggest finding a non doucher site to ask a question

You have an excuse for every time someone pins you down. You're phone was trapped in you're pants remember? Hopefully the authorities in your state are smart enough to take your license away.

The problem with you coming here and looking for advice is that the people here (most of, you have to exclude dirty Harry and his 357) take their rights and responsibilities very seriously. And we have all been in situations similar our worse than yours and responded correctly as an adult would. You are not the first irresponsible person to come here with their "I thought my gun made me God" story and you won't certainly be the last. Do the world a favor, sell your guns and take up knitting.

You are ignorant sir..... so be my guest. Leave your guns home....... when somebody is chasing you down with a weapon and u have a dead phone. Handle the situation however you want...... thanks for the info, sarcasm if ya can't tell. Have a great day being a ****. Thanks for the input to the few who were actually helpful.

Can you summarize who you feel has been helpful here? Let me guess: It's the one who gave the response you were looking for saying you were in the right and will be fine. If he's correct I'll be shocked. It was particularly telling that as a firearms owner that you didn't even know that a felony will result in a lifetime ban from firearms ownership. I also like the way your phone went from inaccesible to dead. You are a part of the problem and far from a part of the solution. Antis love to show off the examples set by people like you. Thanks for making life more difficult for responsible firearms owners.

Stupid line at the candy machine is preventing me from getting my ho-ho. Gonna pull out my gun and show them whos boss. Wave it around and pistol whip some little old ladies. My CFP entitles me to my ho-ho.

That is sarcasm. Doing it is stupid. So is your road rage gun waving. More than stupid it's a crime.

One other thing, the more stupid things you say the more your credibility here suffers. Ask Cotillion, he knows, his credibility can't get any lower.

You have an excuse for every time someone pins you down. You're phone was trapped in you're pants remember? Hopefully the authorities in your state are smart enough to take your license away.

The problem with you coming here and looking for advice is that the people here (most of, you have to exclude dirty Harry and his 357) take their rights and responsibilities very seriously. And we have all been in situations similar our worse than yours and responded correctly as an adult would. You are not the first irresponsible person to come here with their "I thought my gun made me God" story and you won't certainly be the last. Do the world a favor, sell your guns and take up knitting.

You probably can't see this clearly either, being blinded by all those red flags surrounding dlo253.

Never brandish a weapon to intimidate. You are in the wrong if you do. If you draw a gun make damned sure your life is in danger and its time to shoot.

You are ignorant sir..... so be my guest. Leave your guns home....... when somebody is chasing you down with a weapon and u have a dead phone. Handle the situation however you want...... thanks for the info, sarcasm if ya can't tell. Have a great day being a ****. Thanks for the input to the few who were actually helpful.
lET ME BE MORE HELPFUL! DON'T TRADE FINGERS ESCALATING THE SITUATION! DON'T WAVE, FLASH, BRANDISH YOUR GUN.
DO BE THE FIRST TO CALL THE POLICE LETTING THEM KNOW YOU ARE BEING THREATENED! INTIMIDATE MEANS HE MADE YOU "TIMID AND FEARFUL" WOW Maybe you already are timid and fearful but not with your gun.
Take some responsibility for a situation YOU YES YOU caused to go from bad to worse and could have gone on to a sorry situation that would have made US ALL look bad!
Think about this and realize this is great help. If you care to respond to me the way you did to the other poster as above then just assume I flipped you the bird and you have a gun. Whatchya gonna do? Huh? Whatchya gonna do!!!???

So answer this. What was your girlfriend doing? Why couldn't she call the police?
Thanks 35 post later someone ask the question that's been on my mind for the last 33 post. Just waiting to see if the question was asked before I post my concerns. Before I get to the last post. Ihope the girlfriend see the situation the same way. also if she dumped you, you mightme in deep ****** if you go to court.

At least this guy didn't use his name for his forum username. We may never find his booking photo like someone did for the last guy that acted irresponsibly, then came here looking for someone to make him feel all cuddly and ended up hearing the truth.

Felony? It is a gross misdemeanor in WA. could lead to revoked cpl. That's it. And when the prosecuter sees that I was being chased by someone with a weapon... that clearly shows I was pulling my gun in an act to protect myself from unlawful force from another man who is guilty of stalking.
how are you going to prove the other guy had a weapon? did you get a license plate (to give the police) or did the police even talk to the other driver. are we even sure who called the police could their be another person?

Never brandish a weapon to intimidate. You are in the wrong if you do. If you draw a gun make damned sure your life is in danger and its time to shoot.

Exactly right on!
I don't understand why anyone would want to brandish their firearm to someone that's still 'behind' them and in another vehicle of all places. Why do that? Where you planning on 'shooting from behind your back' like some sort of professional trick shot artist?
Whenever someone decides to actually pull out a firearm in self defense, it should only be as a last resort when their attacker/s is/are in immediate proximity to actually do you or your loved ones physical harm.
You should only draw your weapon when you or your loved ones are in imminent danger and you feel that you have no other choice to survive the threatening encounter.
Drawing your weapon at any other time is wrong and a bit foolish i.m.h.o.
I'm sorry that this has happened to you and I hope that everything turns out okay for you.
On a brighter note, consider this as yet another one of lifes valuable lessons.
Best of luck to you.
~Stay Safe~

Felony? It is a gross misdemeanor in WA. could lead to revoked cpl. That's it. And when the prosecuter sees that I was being chased by someone with a weapon... that clearly shows I was pulling my gun in an act to protect myself from unlawful force from another man who is guilty of stalking.

Wow...well that's certainly good news. You'll "only" lose your right to carry. You really should learn the rules for use of deadly force. Look up ability, opportunity, and jeapordy. The guy chasing you had none of those elements in play. This is what the prosecutor will look at. I'm also pretty sure it's illegal to brandish to intimidate which you clearly did.

Two things about this story I find confusing,

First the OP (who we will probably never hear from again) states that the police were upset that the handgun wasn't "registered" to him. Does WA. have gun registration?

Second he wasn't charged w/ any crime but the police confiscated his firearm? is that possible?

dlo253:254296 said:
I will try to keep it as short as possible, while giving all the important information. Although I may bounce around from certain points of the event.

This Monday I was pulled over, gun drawn on me and my girlfriend. Forced to the ground cuffed and thrown in a cop car.... I believe the officer was doing his job until the point when he had my gun and cuffed me. I clearly stated I was a legal concealed carrier that did nothing wrong and would like to explain myself. He continued to treat me like a criminal.
Here's the actual incident.

Driving down the road, some moron cuts off the Guy in front of me. So I merge over to avoid hitting him. I then continue and try to merge back over.....the Guy that was in front of me that got cut off, and everybody else. Would not let me merge back, the Guy actually sped up And was driving wreckless so I couldn't merge. After that went on a bit, middle fingers were exchanged. The man then proceeded to get behind me and follow me. Once stuck at a stop light waiting to turn, the man is yelling out his window and weilding what looked to be a shotgun at first glance... so I pulls my firearm and displayed it through my window (keeping it inside my car) in hopes that he would quit following me. Then noticed that maybe it wasn't a shotgun, but was some sort of long weapon. Light turned green.... I was trying to just lose him, without endangering others on the road. He continued to follow me for a good 3 miles. Then I guess he called the cops and said I was brandishing a firearm at him. I displayed my firearm because the man was chasing me while holding some weapon, which of course he did not tell the cops That part. Anyways, I get pulled over and the cop draws on me. Already said That part, lol.... I clearly stated multiple times, that I am a legal carrier and am not a criminal, and have done nothing wrong. After finding I was legal, he still treated me like a criminal. Then told me my gun wasn't registered to me and I didn't buy it new, even though I have a receipt from 2 weeks ago.... more officers came, they treated me how they should, and actually answered my questions. Anyways, they confiscated my firearm and holster, didn't take my cpl. They said that I will get something in the mail, and if it says no legal action is being taken, I can schedule to pick my stuff up..... my question, from this info, do you guys think I will be able to get it back? And if I have to go to court, don't you guys think I should be alright when the story is told? I think the first cop acted That way because the Guy that called obviously didn't say he was following me and flashing a weapon and yelling. All he knew was he got a call of a man flashing a gun..... although he could have pulled up that I have a cpl I'm sure. So much for keeping it short..... your input is needed and appreciated. Thank you.

He deleted his post, so everyone pat Firefighterchen on the back for having quoted it so that future visitors can learn from it.

Also
On the way home I was cut off by an Idaho driver, I should have run them off the road, pulled them out of their car and pistol whipped them while scraming "I HAVE A CFP!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME". That would have been a misdemenor right?

What I did do was tap my breaks, allow some clearance and drove home.

OK, I have to let this go, this will be my last post on this thread.

I love the internets... I did a google search on this guys username.... since a lot of people use the same name on different sites.

help me puchase my fist handgun..?

This guy got his permit on the 13th, fired his gun for the first time on the 17th and it was confiscated by the 26th. OMG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back