Lock Box for Car?

Samefly

I'm need of a way to discreetly secure my handgun in the car. Any suggestion?

There are places I go that don't allow carry inside their buildings so I need something for when that happens. Something that will help prevent smash and grabs.

So far I was thinking:
Link Removed
Link Removed

any other suggestions? What do you all do when you can't carry into a building?

Many guys on here are going to tell you that if you cannot carry into that particular place, then do not support them with your business. However, that's not an option for all of us.

I find myself having to leave my gun in my vehicle quite often, most of the time it's going into my kids' schools, school sporting events, NFL/MLB games, and everyday when I get to work. I installed a GunVault under my seat. When I get back in I put my holstered gun on and off I go. Before I got a second GunVault for my wife's SUV(we take that whenever we travel as a family) I used to leave a cable lock(I think it was the one that came with my first Glock) under the seat and if I had to leave it behind I would remove the magazine and run the cable through the trigger guard, leaving it locked and stashed under the seat and out of sight. It wasn't ideal but until I got slim, locking safes for both vehicles, it worked in a pinch.

I purchased a GunVault and attached it to the base of the seat using the steel cable they provide, so far so good! It's small enough I can slide it directly under the seat.

There are places I go that don't allow carry inside their buildings so I need something for when that happens. Something that will help prevent smash and grabs.

So far I was thinking:
Link Removed
Link Removed

any other suggestions? What do you all do when you can't carry into a building?

Are you driving a sedan? The trunk is perfectly fine if so....

Try one of these little puppies: Link Removed They've got models for most types of vehicle, and it doesn't require any modification of your existing console.

I bought a couple of the GunVault products. I keep one in my vehicle, and one in my wife's vehicle. I also use them when flying, or when not staying in my home. They are at a good price point, pretty versatile, come with the cable for securing them to a secure object, and can serve multiple uses.
When using them in a vehicle, I keep them with me in the front seat, disarm, then lock them in the trunk. They are jsut a small black box, so they don't draw a lot of attention moving them from the cabin to the trunk or vice versa.

Try one of these little puppies: Link Removed

+1...that's what I use in my vehicles. More expensive than most but also made of heavier gauge metal. Won't stop a determined thief but they'll have to work at it which will thwart most smash & grab ops.

Are you driving a sedan? The trunk is perfectly fine if so....

Hatchback. Even with sedans the trunk is terribly easy to get into (especially if they already are in your car because they smashed the window)

Try one of these little puppies: Link Removed They've got models for most types of vehicle, and it doesn't require any modification of your existing console.

Really like that. After I've recouped from the holiday shopping I'll look into one of those. Until then I think I'll get one that locks under the seat. Thanks for all the great replies everyone.

GunVault NV300 NanoVault with Combination Lock. This is in my truck, I have another brand in my car. Both do their job.

I also have a NanoVault NV300 for my truck and also my wife's car..... I like it alot and i like the combination feature !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back