LEO Encounter

gkeil961

Was pulled over tonight on my way home from work (Cleveland, Ohio). As the LEO approached the vehicle i had my window down and my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel. When he approached my window, i politely said Officer, i would just like to tell you, I have a valid CCW permit and i do have a loaded firearm on my person. He asked what condition the weapon was in, i stated "condition 1", he asked where the firearm is, i stated on my right side hip. He said what kind of firearm is it, i stated a Glock 21, he stated excellent choice and thanks for informing me. We continued to discuss firearms for about 5 minutes (on the side of the road) then he stated drive safe and carry on my friend,...... No ticket, no warning, no hassle.

He was very polite and supportive, great encounter

Cool, just goes to show you if you act respectively most LEO's will return the favor. It worked every time when I was driving semi.

Yup, same here. Once with a city police (speeding) and once with a deputy (expired tag). ...I've since slowed down and do NOT depend on the mailed statements for tags! Anyway, the officers were not concerned at all.

I've gotten out of my share of tickets too. I am always polite and respectful. I just don't see any need to be rude or give police officers a hard time.

Please tell us he looked at your license and insurance. If he didn't, he was not doing his job.

Please tell us he looked at your license and insurance. If he didn't, he was not doing his job.

Would you say the officer wasn't doing his job if he did not take the guys gun and run the serial number to see if it was stolen?

I gave that to him when he approached license, ccw permit, insurance card. Ohio has prompt notification to LEO, so before he even said a word, i gave him the info

You do know you can't carry a Glock in condition 1 (round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety on) right?

Condition 1 to me means full mag, round in chamber, firearm ready to go with pull of trigger!

OK but Condition 1 is an actual firearms term w/ an actual meaning, it refers to a SAO pistol (such as a 1911) that has a round chambered the hammer cocked and the safety on. We raise Hell on this forum over the incorrect use of the word "Clip" why should we use other terms imprecisely too?

^^^^^ you are a complete IDIOT.

Why is Treo an idiot? Because he is correct?

If you would have told the police officer, "I got a clip in the gun and a bullet in the chamber" would everyone who responded to that be an idiot too?

Very Respectfully,
LCDR Idiot

I'm glad it went well, what I wonder sometimes is why some feel you have to, "assume the position" when in these situations. I find it frustrating. I get giving the cop some respect, but this is a traffic, not a criminal arrest. Those are my thoughts

I'm glad it went well, what I wonder sometimes is why some feel you have to, "assume the position" when in these situations. I find it frustrating. I get giving the cop some respect, but this is a traffic, not a criminal arrest. Those are my thoughts

Remember the OP is in Ohion where he is required by law to inform the police of his CHP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back