Las Vegas Shooting, CCW carrier may have been involved

12Roses

June 8 2014
“Two Las Vegas police officers and a civilian are dead after two shooters ambushed the cops at a pizza restaurant on Sunday afternoon and then got into a gunfight at a nearby Walmart,” nydailynews.com reports. “The two shooters, a man and woman, walked up to two officers with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on their lunch break at CiCi’s Pizza, located at 309 North Nellis, and gunned them down.” The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports one of the shooters shouted, “This is the start of a revolution,” before killing one of the officers execution style. ” The killers stripped the officers’ bodies of their weapons and then walked over to a nearby Walmart to continue their rampage and yelled at everyone to get out of the store. However, they shot and killed another victim that may have pulled out a concealed weapon and exchanged fire, the newspaper reported.

Does anyone have any more info on this? I know it's still breaking news.

BREAKING: Las Vegas Gunmen Kill Two Cops and A [Possible] Concealed Carry Bystander | The Truth About Guns

Whatever happened, they will be hunted-down and probably not survive the encounter. Unbelievable. I pray for the officers' and walmart victim's families.

I wish more CC'ers could have been there. Maybe I'm speaking before all the facts are in, but this sounds sad any way it went down.

The shooters wont have to be hunted down. They committed suicide in Wal-Mart. Maybe being confronted by one cc'er made them fear there may be more.

I am reading now that they killed themselves after the encounter with the CCer, but that the CCer may have been the civilian who was killed. Its Still rather hazy what has happened.

Whatever happened, they will be hunted-down and probably not survive the encounter. Unbelievable. I pray for the officers' and walmart victim's families.

I wish more CC'ers could have been there. Maybe I'm speaking before all the facts are in, but this sounds sad any way it went down.

There will be no hunting for them. The article said they killed themselves in the back of the Wal-Mart store.

The loss of life is certainly tragic but if the cc'er did exchange shots with the BG's forcing them to self expire and possibly saving others at the cost of his own life the media will never give him credit for it.

It is being reported that the couples apartment had swastikas and other white supremacists stuff in there. Also that they covered the murdered cops with a flag that had a coiled snake and "Don't Tread On Me" on it. Now watch for the media, libs and the anti's try to link this couple to the TEA Party and to us who like and own guns!

The civilian who was killed was a woman who was possibly a CC'er! So far they are not releasing any names of the couple or the woman who was killed. Maybe I am being a little bit paranoid but I wonder why! Most of the time they can not wait to trumpet all the names out.

Any confirmation on there being a CCer? I haven't heard anything about it in the news other than it being an "unidentified victim".

The shooters wont have to be hunted down. They committed suicide in Wal-Mart. Maybe being confronted by one cc'er made them fear there may be more.
They did the Wallyworld walk. Now see if Wally tries to combat bugs with signs.

This incident is another example of why the 2A community has got to stop trying to use the inane "gun free zone" argument. It is an easy softball for the anti gunners to hit out of the park and take the focus off right of each individual to self defense
Criminals go where their intended victims are located regardless of whether others might be armed, or even if their intended victims might be armed.

This incident is another example of why the 2A community has got to stop trying to use the inane "gun free zone" argument. It is an easy softball for the anti gunners to hit out of the park and take the focus off right of each individual to self defense
Criminals go where their intended victims are located regardless of whether others might be armed, or even if their intended victims might be armed.
And anyone with experience in the hood knows this to be true. People need to remember that hood-rats shop in the same stores as the rest of us.

How many people have been killed in "Gun Free Zones" by someone who could not possess a gun legally? Proves that "Gun Free Zones" do not work!

No confirmation about a CC'er being there or not, but the third innocent victim was a man, not a woman, according to this Las Vegas Sun article dated today:

The Clark County Coroner's Office on Monday identified the bystander killed at Wal-Mart as Joseph Robert Wilcox, 31, of Las Vegas.

They are also reporting that the couple spent time at the Bundy Siege, and I heard that as well on Faux News this morning, as well as they said that they covered the dead cops with a Gadsden Flag (Don't Tread On Me Flag). I hope neither of these reports are true, and if they are, it's going to raise the specter of a false flag attack coming from the Patriot Movement. Not so sure that won't happen in either case, but for sure if Patriot symbols were used, the accusation will arise. Hold on, here we go again....

Blues

How many people have been killed in "Gun Free Zones" by someone who could not possess a gun legally? Proves that "Gun Free Zones" do not work!

That is correct, and the argument that prohibiting law abiding citizens from the means to protect themselves will do nothing to prevent criminals from using firearms to harm law abiding citizens is a rational one that focus on the right of each individual to be safe and secure and possess sufficient means of self defense. Balancing the intent of the law or private rule (keeping criminals from using guns on the gun free premises) with the detriment to the law abiding (greatly inhibiting self defense) comes out in favor of 2A rights because the intent of the law or private rule won't be achieved, therefore the detriment to the law abiding is irrational (and when the Bill of Rights is applicable, unconstitutional.)

But that is a very different argument from the "gun free zones attract criminals and therefore there should be no gun free zones." That argument has been proven over and over again to be false. Pursuing it doesn't advance the cause, it just givers the opposition an easy victory.

MailOnline has the particulars.

Some observations by a commenter on Sipsey Street Irregulars blog:

Anonymous said...

"“this is the start of a revolution” before opening fire on the officers, and draped their bodies with cloth showing a Revolutionary War-era flag."- check

" Investigators have also found paraphernalia associated with white supremacists"- check

"He said the man appeared “militant,” and often talked about conspiracy theories."- check

"An explosion was heard at the apartment complex"- check

"They then covered the officers with something that featured the Gadsden flag, a yellow banner with a coiled snake above the words, “Don’t tread on Me.”"- check

"The flag is named for Christopher Gadsden a Revolutionary War general who designed it. It has recently come back in vogue as an adopted symbol of the American tea party movement."- check

"He looked like he was in his 20s, was wearing camouflage"- check

" Police are looking into their links to the white supremacy movement and found swastika symbols during their initial investigation."- check

"They were weird people, Monroe said, adding that he thought the couple used methamphetamine."- check

"“The man told Monroe he had been kicked off Cliven Bundy’s ranch 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas while people from throughout the U.S. gathered there in protest of a Bureau of Land Management roundup of Bundy’s cattle.” "- check

This article has all of the memes. Meanwhile Holder is bringing back the thought police. Hmmmmmm......

Just heard that Joseph Robert Wilcox, the third victim inside the Walmart, was indeed a CC'er and was drawing his weapon to engage the male shooter, not knowing that the female and he were together. She apparently saw him drawing or positioning himself to engage the male, unclear at this point exactly which it was, but she shot him in any case before he got to the male.

May I advise everyone that you be very discerning in which websites you get your info from going forward from here. I'm not suggesting that the story is devoid of the hallmarks of false-flaggery, I'm just saying that there are misinformation merchants galore out there just waiting to get us hyped up behind false narratives and pre-staged memes. In case anyone doesn't know, I do not trust Alex Jones because I am convinced that he is one such merchant. Same with RT (Russia Today). Take it with however many grains of salt you wish, but I for one, will not even click on links to one of those two sources, and will remain very discerning about the sources I am willing to click on.

Blues

Take it with however many grains of salt you wish, but I for one, will not even click on links to one of those two sources, and will remain very discerning about the sources I am willing to click on.

Blues

Check

It is being reported that the couples apartment had swastikas and other white supremacists stuff in there. Also that they covered the murdered cops with a flag that had a coiled snake and "Don't Tread On Me" on it. Now watch for the media, libs and the anti's try to link this couple to the TEA Party and to us who like and own guns!

The civilian who was killed was a woman who was possibly a CC'er! So far they are not releasing any names of the couple or the woman who was killed. Maybe I am being a little bit paranoid but I wonder why! Most of the time they can not wait to trumpet all the names out.

It is being "reported" so it is likely BS.

That is correct, and the argument that prohibiting law abiding citizens from the means to protect themselves will do nothing to prevent criminals from using firearms to harm law abiding citizens is a rational one that focus on the right of each individual to be safe and secure and possess sufficient means of self defense. Balancing the intent of the law or private rule (keeping criminals from using guns on the gun free premises) with the detriment to the law abiding (greatly inhibiting self defense) comes out in favor of 2A rights because the intent of the law or private rule won't be achieved, therefore the detriment to the law abiding is irrational (and when the Bill of Rights is applicable, unconstitutional.)

But that is a very different argument from the "gun free zones attract criminals and therefore there should be no gun free zones." That argument has been proven over and over again to be false. Pursuing it doesn't advance the cause, it just givers the opposition an easy victory.
Well, at least you got the first part right. The fact that criminals prefer unarmed victims and will make an effort to avoid armed victims whenever possible has been proven many times in scholarly research.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back