Is our world in chaos?

Justification for believing in fairy tales? Well of course a fairy tale is going to justify itself.

Yesterday's Prophecies - Today's Headlines

Vulnerability is becoming more commonplace in our lives with each passing day. The looming recession, the strange microbes and viruses we're hearing about on the news, the mad dictators testing their hydrogen bombs and long-range missiles, the constant terrorist threats, the specter of war in the Middle East, and politics, and more politics! All the signs of the last days are converging at the same time. Bible Prophecy is happening right before our eyes and like birth pains, the predicted events are happening more frequently and more intently. With so many end times Bible prophecies on the brink of fulfillment, the events that are occurring now on a daily basis can only lead us to conclude that the end of this age approaches rapidly.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, pestilences and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows"

2/26/16

Israel's natural gas potential triple what was thought
Gov't freezes final aliyah of Ethiopian Jews over budgetary issues
US, Israel involve 6 air defense systems in unprecedented missile defense drill
Hamas hopes Israel-Turkey deal will lead to Gaza seaport
Hamas official: We're not seeking a war with Israel, our tunnels are defensive
Israeli man seriously wounded in suspected terrorist stabbing in West Bank
Wanted Palestinian terrorist killed in Bulgaria
Netanyahu: We failed to deport terrorists' families
Israel to transfer NIS 500 million in withheld taxes to Palestinians
Netanyahu: Even after nuclear deal, Iran still funds terrorism
Israel blasts Iran's new cash-for-terrorists scheme aimed at rewarding families of 'martyrs'
Iranians vote in contest likely to shape post-sanctions era
Rouhani Urges Vote for 'Hope' in First Iran Polls Since Deal
Iran's Khamenei says big election turnout will disappoint foes
Kerry urges Congress not to rush to renew Iran sanctions measure
Kerry: Iran 'significantly reduced' troops in Syria
Syria conflict: Obama says next few weeks 'critical'
All eyes on Syria as ceasefire deadline looms
Obama says US to pursue campaign against IS 'on all fronts'
US sees capture of Syria town key to dismantling ISIS
U.S.: Russia uses ceasefire process to seize key Syria territory
Gazans said streaming into Sinai to fight with Islamic State
Turkey has 'serious worries' about Syrian ceasefire -Presidential spokesman
The Latest: Turkey warns Kurds against threats during truce
European Parliament calls for Saudi arms embargo
Ten days to save EU migration system: commissioner
UN chief to South Sudan: Respecting peace deal not an option
Philippine army kills 42 Islamist militants in battles in south
China says its warships to join major U.S.-hosted naval drills
China grudgingly accepts U.S. missile shield deployment to South Korea
U.S., backed by China, proposes tough North Korea sanctions at U.N.
U.S. test-fires ICBM amid tensions with Russia, North Korea
Trump slams former Mexican leader over profanity-laced border wall comment
Kansas gunman kills 3, injures 14, before being fatally shot by police in workplace rampage
Utah lawmakers propose bill which would allow law enforcement to shoot down drones
Merkel urges Zuckerberg to curb neo-Nazi hate speech on Facebook
Apple court papers: FBI is seeking 'dangerous power' that violates its constitutional rights
FBI director admits Apple encryption case could set legal precedent
Google Unveils Neural Network with "Superhuman" Ability to Determine the Location of Almost Any Image
Obama Administration Set to Expand Sharing of Data That N.S.A. Intercepts
The Robots Are Coming for Wall Street - Hundreds of financial analysts are being replaced with software
China stocks tumble more than 6 percent, post biggest 1-day loss in a month
U.S. Congress needs to 'act now' to save Puerto Rico, Treasury official says
Jamaica's opposition wins general election as voters tire of austerity
5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Caucete, Argentina
5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near the Prince Edward Islands region
5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Calama, Chile
5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Balleny Islands region
5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Ngulung Wetan, Indonesia
5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Norsup, Vanuatu
5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Kepulauan Barat Daya, Indonesia
Sheveluch volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 16,000ft
Sinabung volcano in Indonesia erupts to 12,000ft
Zika and Ebola: A taste of things to come?
Obama: There is 'promising pathway' for vaccine against Zika
Sperm grown in lab could allow infertile men to have children
Christian Colleges and Gender Identity: The Next Assault on Religious Freedom?
Muslim-majority Indonesia's gay community under attack
Egypt sentences Christian teens to jail for contempt of Islam
China Cracks Down on Christian Leaders by Ordering Pastors to Carry 'Nazi-Like' ID Cards

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened".

Funny. So what is it about Christians that you hate? I mean you spend a lot of time putting us down. What's your motivation? What do you hope to accomplish?

I don't hate christians, but I do recognize that people that follow religions are the greatest threat to mankind's future. Look at the root cause of the majority of war and terrorists acts today. Religion is the impetus of most of the hate we see in the world today. Be it hatred of other religions, gender bias, racism, even hating people for the people that happen to love.

I suspect that as a gun owner, perhaps someone that trains and carries for protection, and practices situational awareness, you understand that threats cannot be ignored. Not all threats are some punk on drugs that merely want my stuff at any cost to fund his next drug fix. Some threats put the future of civilization in jeopardy. Religious conflicts have already destroyed our countries future, through debt and the erosion of freedoms. Who would have believed that our children would have to submit to being groped by government goons just to fly to visit grandma at Christmas. Religion did that.

Christianity is one of those religions. I cannot separate them for they are all based on fears, phobias and ancient ignorance.

I don't hate christians, but I do recognize that people that follow religions are the greatest threat to mankind's future. Look at the root cause of the majority of war and terrorists acts today. Religion is the impetus of most of the hate we see in the world today. Be it hatred of other religions, gender bias, racism, even hating people for the people that happen to love.

I suspect that as a gun owner, perhaps someone that trains and carries for protection, and practices situational awareness, you understand that threats cannot be ignored. Not all threats are some punk on drugs that merely want my stuff at any cost to fund his next drug fix. Some threats put the future of civilization in jeopardy. Religious conflicts have already destroyed our countries future, through debt and the erosion of freedoms. Who would have believed that our children would have to submit to being groped by government goons just to fly to visit grandma at Christmas. Religion did that.

Christianity is one of those religions. I cannot separate them for they are all based on fears, phobias and ancient ignorance.

I know people use religion to advanced personal agendas, but I don't see how guys like me are a threat.

I have my relationship with God and the Bible as my moral compass. It tells me to love God and love my neighbor as myself. That means treating my neighbor as I would like to be treated. Scary, I know. ;-)

It's true that some religions are at the heart of wars, and people have (wrongly) used Christianity to give their own agenda fake validity, but that's a lot different than sharing biblical prophecy thoughts and telling people what Christ did for them, like we do.

So do you see OG, Ringo and I as part of the greatest threat to mankind's future? If so, how is mocking us solving or mitigating that problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people use religion to advanced personal agendas, but I don't see how guys like me are a threat.
As an individual no, collectively yes.

I have my relationship with God and the Bible as my moral compass. It tells me to love God and love my neighbor as myself. That means treating my neighbor as I would like to be treated. Scary, I know. ;-)
Many don't practice that, and it has been proven when christians go to the polls to impose the hate they are taught in the bible into civil laws that effect everyone, with the only purpose to discriminate against and deny rights to a group of people based only on their personal beliefs or gender or race, or whom they happen to love. Fortunately the courts have overturned most of these religiously motivated agendas as unconstitutional.

Ringo and OG have been very vocal about their hatred for others that have different views, while justifying it as what they believe their god wants.

It's true that some religions are at the heart of wars, and people have (wrongly) used Christianity to give their own agenda fake validity, but that's a lot different than sharing biblical prophecy thoughts and telling people what Christ did for them, like we do.

So do you see OG, Ringo and I as part of the greatest threat to mankind's future? If so, how is mocking us solving or mitigating that problem?
I understand that as a christian you keep trying to separate christians from the fray, but how is your religion different than many others? Beliefs in a supernatural beings, rewards or punishment after death, and demanding strict adherence to laws dating back to a time when men didn't know where the sun went at night.

txfilmmaker:

Ringo and OG have been very vocal about their hatred for others that have different views, while justifying it as what they believe their god wants.

I know you are trying to explain something to XD but, as you can see, the hatred he blames on us is simply a manifestation of his own hatred for those who do not agree with his particular philosophy on life. He feels he absolutely has to discredit our Christian beliefs in order to justify his own hatred of us and on any who try to use the Bible and it's tenets as our rule and guide for life. XD is not content with his own unbelief, he tries to insure that, since he doesn't believe in our God, no one else should. Yet, he says "...."how is your religion different than many others?" Whether he meant to acknowledge that other religions do exist, or not, his own words do say that there are other religions so, in that case, why doesn't he castigate others for their beliefs? Or is he simply anti-Christian because the laws of our Bible hold us to a higher moral life style than being amoral? Whatever his reasoning, he will never cease in his vain attempts at demeaning our God, not for the fact that He does exist, but for the fact that he has deigned in his finite wisdom that our God does not exist.

The title to this thread was "Is our world in chaos?". The answer is yes. That's why I carry a gun. Can we move on now, please? Good grief.

The title to this thread was "Is our world in chaos?". The answer is yes. That's why I carry a gun. Can we move on now, please? Good grief.

Agreed, the world is in chaos and I would say that is why most of us do carry a gun. However, I know of no reason why there is the necessity of insulting or otherwise attempting to demean one simply because of their religion. If one doesn't believe in a deity of any sort, that is fine with me, but don't try to demean me for my belief. If you do, I feel compelled to reply in similar manner. It is somewhat similar to your carry weapon. If you like a Kimber, fine. Just don't criticize me for carrying a Sig. You use what you prefer, as do I, and I will not criticize you for your choice. Conversely, if you enjoy conversing with others who think as you, it isn't necessary for me to criticize your conversation or to otherwise make myself a pain in your backside. Can we move on? Absolutely, just as soon as we all agree to stay out of the business of others. If I agree with some subject you proffer, I may make a statement in agreement with you. But, if I don't agree, it isn't necessary for me to say anything at all.

~ It’s LOVE that constrains us to tell people they are lost and headed for Hell if they don’t know Jesus Christ, not hate. Hate says nothing ~

Vulnerability is becoming more commonplace in our lives with each passing day. The looming recession, the strange microbes and viruses we're hearing about on the news, the mad dictators testing their hydrogen bombs and long-range missiles, the constant terrorist threats, the specter of war in the Middle East, and politics, and more politics! All the signs of the last days are converging at the same time. Bible Prophecy is happening right before our eyes and like birth pains, the predicted events are happening more frequently and more intently. With so many end times Bible prophecies on the brink of fulfillment, the events that are occurring now on a daily basis can only lead us to conclude that the end of this age approaches rapidly.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, pestilences and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows"

2/28/16

Talk Grows About Who Will Succeed Palestinians' Fading Mahmoud Abbas
Barack Obama's reckless foreign policy has put Israel in dire jeopardy
Opinion: Obama's Potential Third Term Undermining of Israel
Dichter: Seaport in Hamas hands is bigger threat than tunnels
Report: At least five Hamas men trapped in Gaza tunnel collapse
Expelling terrorists' families to Gaza 'illegal': Attorney General
Ax-wielding Palestinian terrorist attacks security guard
Egyptian MPs demand sanctions for MP who met Israeli envoy
Egyptian MP: Netanyahu mediated between Obama and Sisi following the 2013 military coup
New Sanders adviser speculated that Israel gassed Syria rebels
As ceasefire mostly holds in Syria, Netanyahu says Israel won't tolerate terror front on Golan
Russia suspends airstrikes in some Syrian areas as truce goes into effect
The Russia-Armenia alliance is threatening Turkey, a critical U.S. ally
Yemeni Civilians Killed by Airstrike on Market, Witnesses Say
Dozens killed, wounded in Afghanistan suicide attacks
Iran's pragmatic Rouhani cheers election wins, says gov't stronger
Sanctions lifted, Tehran looks to boost financial ties with Swiss
Deepening default fears cast shadow over Venezuela's oil flows
Global finance officials promise to shore up sagging growth
Wall Street Sees Weekly Gains as Gloom and Doom Subsides
Mortgage rates suddenly plunge, shocking industry experts
Apple's tech allies oppose the FBI, but still want your data
Data breach affects 80,000 UC Berkeley faculty, students and alumni
At least 1,818 Clinton emails contain classified material
Clinton sweeps South Carolina primary as 'Super Tuesday' looms
Super Tuesday turnout set to smash records
Hillary: 'We Don't Need to Make America Great,' 'Instead of Building Walls, We Need To Be Tearing Down Barriers'
Inside the Republican Party's Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump
Kasich on GOP insults: 'Enough of this trash'
Trump wants to weaken libel laws amid feuds with reporters
NBC Poll: 67% of Trump voters have negative view of US Muslims
'Greece is panicking as Europe slams door on refugees'
Tony Blair accused of conspiracy over mass immigration
Canby man shows off RFID microchip implant
Scientists create energy-efficient biological supercomputer
US DARPA successfully collects data from animals using 'brain modem'
5.9 magnitude earthquake hits the Western Indian-Antarctic Ridge
5.4 magnitude earthquake hits near Sarangani, Philippines
5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Lambasa, Fiji
5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Kefamenanu, Indonesia
Tungurahua in Ecuador erupts to 23,000ft
Cotopaxi volcano in Ecuador erupts to 20,000ft
Sheveluch volcano on Kamchakta, Russia erupts to 20,000ft
Colima volcano in Mexico erupts to 19,000ft
Mauna Loa, Earth's Largest Active Volcano, is Still Stirring
Drought in South Africa creates maize shortage
Zimbabwe President Faces Criticism After Lavish 92nd Birthday in Drought-Stricken Zimbabwe
'Pandemic' Asks: Is A Disease That Will Kill Tens Of Millions Coming?
Study: Allowing transgender children to live freely with gender they identify with will make them psychologically stronger
Spirit Awards: 'Tangerine' Star Mya Taylor Makes History as First Transgender Winner
NRB Says Members Must Affirm Gender, Biological Sex in New Statement of Faith
Pope Francis, Argentine president aim for unity after disagreement over gay marriage
Shock in Chinese village as women's corpses stolen for use in "ghost weddings"
Members of a U.N. peacekeeping force in the Central African Republic allegedly turned to sexual predation, betraying their duty to protect
Indian man 'kills 14 members of his family'
Ku Klux Klan rally in California erupts in violence; 3 stabbed, 1 critically

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened".

...."how is your religion different than many others?" Whether he meant to acknowledge that other religions do exist, or not, his own words do say that there are other religions so, in that case, why doesn't he castigate others for their beliefs?

Come on old man, are you that daft? All religions and their fantasies about gods are a threat, and I have made that perfectly clearly time and time again.

It also seems you are incapable of separating the word religion from god or deity, religions are real, and a devastating force in our world today, existing for the justification of bigotry and hatred you seek and find in your bible, the gods of religion are the imaginary part. You are a bigot, your words have made that clear, yet you don't have the character or courage to just admit that.

Agreed, the world is in chaos and I would say that is why most of us do carry a gun. However, I know of no reason why there is the necessity of insulting or otherwise attempting to demean one simply because of their religion. If one doesn't believe in a deity of any sort, that is fine with me, but don't try to demean me for my belief. If you do, I feel compelled to reply in similar manner. It is somewhat similar to your carry weapon. If you like a Kimber, fine. Just don't criticize me for carrying a Sig. You use what you prefer, as do I, and I will not criticize you for your choice. Conversely, if you enjoy conversing with others who think as you, it isn't necessary for me to criticize your conversation or to otherwise make myself a pain in your backside. Can we move on? Absolutely, just as soon as we all agree to stay out of the business of others. If I agree with some subject you proffer, I may make a statement in agreement with you. But, if I don't agree, it isn't necessary for me to say anything at all.

Hypocrite~ You profess that god is returning and you will be freed from the turmoil of this world, even stating that September 2015 "felt good" for yet you carry a gun. If your god is going to magically rapture you, so be it, or if your god wants you to die at the hands of some punk on drugs while withdrawing cash from an ATM, so be it. After all who are you to question your gods plan for you?

Now you also bring into the fray the manufacturer of the gun someone carries? I've recently been attacked even for the caliber I own, by a self-professed christian, for some unknown reason, aside for desperation for some point to attack.

XD: You are the one who appears to have considerable difficulty in understanding what is happening in the world today and, concerning Biblical prophecy, you are at a total loss. We have all said that this time in our world and society bear a strong connection with what Christ said would be happening just prior to His return. No one has offered a specific date, only alluded to the prophecy and the times described. Only you gave a specific date and that so you could say it didn't happen. Only sheer stupidity would make you think that I, or any other Christian or person of any other religion, want to deliberately let someone kill us to go to heaven early. God knows when we will be called home and, for us to do anything to curtail our journey here on earth would be a sin. Yes, I do carry a gun to prevent a premature departure from earth. When God wants me, He will call. I don't have to follow your ridiculous line of thinking and look for someone to shoot me.

To further indicate your delusional thinking, you try to misinterpret my comparison to carry weapons with NavyLCDR as having some connection with religion. If you can't follow what was said you are indeed off the deep end. I am a Christian and I don't care one bit about what type or caliber weapon you carry. The comparison went completely over your head. As for the term "bigot," yes, I will own up to it. In case you aren't aware, the term "bigot" refers to a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. WHOA! Damn, that means you are a bigot XD! Surely, you must have realized that, huh? Let's face it old son, you are just as guilty in your thoughts as you accuse us of being! That should indicate to you the reason no one places much stock in your comments anymore. All of your continuing diatribe is expected in your comments and ignored.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, pestilences and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrow"

2/29/16

Germany irked by Netanyahu's claim that Merkel disavowed two-state solution
Senate Democrats dispute Obama's decision on Israel boycotts
Israel buys armored buses in NIS 106 million deal
Netanyahu: Palestinian terrorism not motivated by despair
PM: Thirst for destruction driving force of Arab terror for 100 years
Israel: Lebanon violated UNSC resolution calls to disarm Hezbollah more than 2,000 times
Hezbollah parody TV skit causes riots in Lebanon
PA demands control over Iran cash handouts to terrorists
US appeals court: Terror victims can seize $9.4 million of Iran funds
Iran judiciary chief: Westerners helped block hardliners in poll
Iran said withdrawing all its fighting forces from Syria
Netanyahu Welcomes Syria Cease-fire but Says Peace Deal Must Address Israeli Interests
Rebels, Russians report violations as Syria truce teeters
UN plans aid for 154,000 besieged Syrians in next 5 days
Twin suicide bombing kills 70 in Baghdad's deadliest attack this year
EU's Tower of Babel may fall while leaders distracted
'Brexit' Vote: Why Britain Could Quit E.U. and Why America Cares
Stocks soft on Fed angst, G20 fails to give shot in arm
U.S. Has Record 10th Straight Year Without 3% Growth in GDP
Hard to find bread in shortage-stricken Venezuela
Cruz, Rubio reveal tax info, Cruz hints Trump tied to mob biz
Severe storms to target southern US Super Tuesday voting states
Russia's new ballistic missiles to be tested on asteroids
Asteroid 2013 TX68 may impact Earth in 2017: Nasa
Small Asteroid to Pass Close to Earth March 8
Former Tepco execs indicted over Fukushima nuclear disaster
Earthquake terror: Violent shake jolts Christchurch awake, fault causes traffic chaos
Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador erupts to 28,000ft
Sinabung volcano in Indonesia erupts to 12,000ft
Copahue volcano in Argentina erupst to 11,000ft
Momotombo volcano in Nicaragua erupts to 10,000ft
Eyeball tattooing: Calls for ban as procedure regulated in New South Wales
New surgical microchips the key to the future
Necklace with computer chip aids child vaccination in India
The first case of HIV contraction while taking preventative drugs has been documented
Arguments in Supreme Court abortion case pitched to audience of one
Planned Parenthood President: My Childrens' Lives Began at Delivery, Not Conception
Netanyahu voices support for gay rights on Knesset LGBT Day
Ohio pastor shot dead at church, and his brother has been arrested

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened".​

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back