Is it tin hat time...

Looks like brokeback grandpas by the way the one in the corner is gazing intently up. :girl_wink:

Some of the zeallot relgious conservative crowd actually put up meaningful, and useful postings on subjects such as firearms, and firearm carry.
To put them on ignore, would be silencing a great source of firearms knowledge.

There are a few who are only here to push their political, and or religous adgenda. There is even one person who is openly trolling.
If you want me to name names, I will do so in a private message.

Why do those people have to be here, and only cause conflict is something that the site admin needs to address.

If it were me, I would start locking down any religioius or poltical thread. All except 2nd Amendment topcis.
Elimanate, or isolate these threads.
It is these threads that cause conflilct.
Several other gun related sites have removed those topics completly.

The site admin is the final authority regarding content of this site.

I think your advice of ignoring irratating postings is a good.

I am now debating how to do so.

"It is these threads that cause conflict" is like saying "it is these guns that cause murder" or "it is this legislation that caused people to buy homes they could not afford" or any other "i am not responsible" claim made far too often nowadays. The conflict, and the reasons behind it, are evident in this entire thread. No one is even talking about the original post and unless I missed it, the OP has not responded yet. Could be wrong on that note, however. Did not think to look before I posted this. Everyone on this thread should go back to the original post and ask themselves "how did I contribute to where this post is now, with everyone insulting each other". I personally am happy with the site as is, as far as topics go. All politics, religion, whatever, are ok in the debate. But I would bet people on other gun and non gun sites are watching this thread and laughing at this thread. All of which makes it harder to attract new members, which I assume we all want.

Last edited:
Looks like brokeback grandpas by the way the one in the corner is gazing intently up. :girl_wink:

I would have expected no less. Truly mature...

Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked:
"Yes we certainly can agree on that. I don't expect you to grow up or ever recognize the folly of your ways."

Peace...

Hey wait a minute. I thought only us Texans said Ya'll. I thought when you get as far north as you reside from it was uz guys.:sarcastic:

Yea, I'm in the wrong part of the country. Trying to sway the wife to move south...:biggrin:

Peace...

Yea, I'm in the wrong part of the country. Trying to sway the wife to move south...:biggrin:

Peace...

Only thing is the farther south you get the hotter it gets. It gets hotter than all get out here in Texas and on days when the humiity is up it is really fun.

I feel your pain HK... I know it's hot where you are... I complain about the heat here but it doesn't touch the TX heat... We are expecting triple digit heat for the high on Thursday!! I am so ready for Fall to hurry up and get here!!

I feel your pain HK... I know it's hot where you are... I complain about the heat here but it doesn't touch the TX heat... We are expecting triple digit heat for the high on Thursday!! I am so ready for Fall to hurry up and get here!!

I live for October and November. It has been hot some, triple digits and a whole lot of 90's. No where close to a record summer here though. In in 1980 we had 69 days off triple digits with 42 in a row. To make matters worse we had a hail storm in May so in the middle of the heat wave, after getting off work I came home and put a roof on my house with the help of a friend. Not being to experience it took us four days. The only good thing was I was a young man then.

Link Removed

Hubby and I spent the entire Summer of 2009 near Waco, TX, at a campground. We got there on June 2nd and two days later the temps rose to triple digits. Except for two or three days, they remained over 100 for the remainder of our stay. To make matters worse, one week before our scheduled departure...we left on September 2nd, the main air conditioner went out in our motorhome. Although it tried very hard, the smaller bedroom a/c just couldn't keep up with the intense heat. We decided that, from now on, we'll go back to visit our son in Spring or Autumn. Summertime in Texas is just too hot, hot, hot.

Summer, 2010, really hasn't been much better in southeast Virginia. It started off hot, this year, sooner than normal. Temps for the past month have been in the 90's to 100+ and it's the humidity around here that's so unbearable. We have a heat advisory for today: temps in the 90's + humidity/dew point=Heat Index between 105 and 108! Gonna stay in the A/C today!

Last edited:
Hubby and I spent the entire Summer of 2009 near Waco, TX, at a campground. We got there on June 2nd and two days later the temps rose to triple digits. Except for two or three days, they remained over 100 for the remainder of our stay. To make matters worse, one week before our scheduled departure...we left on September 2nd, the main air conditioner went out in our motorhome. Although it tried very hard, the smaller bedroom a/c just couldn't keep up with the intense heat. We decided that, from now on, we'll go back to visit our son in Spring or Autumn. Summertime in Texas is just too hot, hot, hot.

Summer, 2010, really hasn't been much better in southeast Virginia. It started off hot, this year, sooner than normal. Temps for the past month have been in the 90's to 100+ and it's the humidity around here that's so unbearable. We have a heat advisory for today: temps in the 90's + humidity/dew point=Heat Index between 105 and 108! Gonna stay in the A/C today!

They say nation wide this has been one of the hottest summers on record. Al Gore will be starting up again.

I feel for you HK! I spent 2 very hot years in Dennison TX.

You all haven't been in Mi during one of our 90/90 weeks.... 90+ degrees 90% humidity.... you cannot even walk out to the shop with out feeling like you are about to succumb to heat stroke.....:fie:

You all haven't been in Mi during one of our 90/90 weeks.... 90+ degrees 90% humidity.... you cannot even walk out to the shop with out feeling like you are about to succumb to heat stroke.....:fie:

That reminds me of the steam room at a health club I used to work out in.:biggrin:

I lived in New Orleans for 2 years in the mid-70's - that's 1970's, not 70's degree Fahrenheit.

My daughter just ended a 2 year stint in New Orleans and came away with the same impression of the weather as I had - it is possible to have 110% humidity 10 feet below sea level.

That what was considered? The lies in the prisonplanet FUD?

Go to a responsible, credible source to read the text of the actual resolution. You will see it is nothing like what prisonplanet and the gypsy want you to believe.

Where do you get your information? Do you go to sites that follow your interest or preconceived beliefs? I good citizen should go to as many sources as possible and research what they find to find the truth. They should not be suggestion that "we change history" or get together and distract others so they won't look for the truth. Blind ambition is just that it is blind. As someone I greatly admire said "don't be so open minded that your brains fall out".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back