Inability to legally carry on federal property

Your analogies to the 4A and simple, sensible ID voting requirements vs a tangled bureaucracy of admin hurdles for gun ownership illustrate the problems of "common sense gun control" attempts by the Lefty's at every opportunity. You were kind to call them progressives.

Whether it was well researched, or knowledge of National Park rules you carry with you, as a hunter and CC advocate, your post was helpful. As a former holder of the title you use as a pseudonym, appreciate the effort involved. Don't drive on base with your EDC to make your point though....��

Sent from my XT1585 using Link Removed

Unfortunately there are far too many "gun owning 2nd Amendment supporters" who are all for "reasonable regulation" and "common sense" gun control laws. Hence the phrase in my signature line, "He who says 'I support the 2nd Amendment, BUT'.... doesn't."

When our VA clinic used to be housed in a medical "mall" off base, one could leave a gun locked in the car in the common parking lot. The "no guns" sign was posted on the door of the clinic.

Now our primary care VA clinic is inside of a Navy hospital on a gated military base. When we have appointments there we leave the guns at home.

What about the Post Office? Can I legally leave my gun locked in the car in the Post Office parking lot while running inside to mail a package?

Absolutely NOT unless the parking lot is on a shared property such as being inside a strip mall.

I had to come back and follow up on this. I was reading last night that my local Post Office was just robbed at gun point. I was like what the hell did they expect to get than realized how they knew none of the customers would be armed..

Police: Post Office Scene Of Armed Robbery - The Post

Gun free zones are a sporting venue for criminals. They always have home field advantage.

My sister once told me and my brother after a deer hunt that hunting's not a sport. My brother said it was. The other guy just doesn't know he's playing.

The only way the anti gunners know they're playing is to have a Saturday Night Special shoved in their grill. They probably think there's some Gov'mint security in there somewhere. It's a really cold bucket of water.

The Place To Be

I had to come back and follow up on this. I was reading last night that my local Post Office was just robbed at gun point. I was like what the hell did they expect to get than realized how they knew none of the customers would be armed..

Police: Post Office Scene Of Armed Robbery - The Post
It's pretty freaking sad when something like that happens and it doesn't make the news. Not until the popo put it on faceyspacey a week later!

Oh, I guess the "journalists" don't want to let the public know that GFZs are a miserable failure.

It's pretty freaking sad when something like that happens and it doesn't make the news. Not until the popo put it on faceyspacey a week later!

Oh, I guess the "journalists" don't want to let the public know that GFZs are a miserable failure.
sdprof,
You are like a college campus unicorn. A professor with a 2A conscience. I don't see SD universities on the news much so maybe rural sensibilities override the self induced trauma that many college's seem so easily lured into this past year or so. Pass it on. Your young people will thank you for it after they move on to the real world.

The Place To Be

Im of mind that if a government or private business restricts your right to defend yourself they should be held responsible for your safety in that GFZ the same as they would be if you were harmed by some other negligent manner in there building. If enough of these victims or the victim families sued these agencies/businesses, win or lose I bet there GFZ policies would change rather quickly. Im actually kind of surprised I dont see people actually doing this.

Im of mind that if a government or private business restricts your right to defend yourself they should be held responsible for your safety in that GFZ the same as they would be if you were harmed by some other negligent manner in there building. If enough of these victims or the victim families sued these agencies/businesses, win or lose I bet there GFZ policies would change rather quickly. Im actually kind of surprised I dont see people actually doing this.

People may or may not have tried doing that, but any good defense attorney would get it thrown out of court long before jury selection started, because like it or not, business owners have rights too. Now, government and private business are two completely different kettle of fish, and I don't believe that government has any "rights" under The Constitution, it simply has authorities granted by The People. If more of The People refused to allow government to get away with the overreaches it routinely engages in, we might indeed see GFZs on federally-controlled properties become a thing of the past. State and/or municipality-controlled properties too for that matter. What has already become a thing of the past though, is the collective mindset against tyranny that this country was constituted to resist, so don't expect any changes to come in our lifetimes. The overwhelming odds are that they will never come.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back