IL, NY and other Nazi states

Cotillion

Living in southern Oregon I have it pretty easy with gun laws. I can cc everywhere and oc almost everywhere without worry. I read this forums a lot and its got me thinking, how many people here would still carry if you lived in IL or another state/county which restricts carry or will not give you a permit for no good reason? I know the most common answer will be "I'd just never move there" but for myself, if I was offered an amazing job in this economy how could I say no? So without the "I'd just never move there" answer, what would you do? Still carry? Would you still carry what you have or would you drop down to a 100% concealable gun?

There was that idiot on here a week or so back talking about how he carries in Florida without a permit and doesn't care and i don't support that, but I couldn't imagine living somewhere where carrying was out of the question so yes I would still carry. Most likely a gun small enough to fit a wallet holster or possibly a ankle rig

I think your reasoning is questionable at best, but I respect your opinion. I think we all understand it is a huge hassle if you get arrested in one of those states for carrying a pistol. It is a felony in IL, you will always be found guilty and you must do jail time, usually a 1 year prison term. I think NY is even worse, if that is possible. I heard that NY City cops beat you half to death on the way to be booked.

<Legal monotone> no sir I would not carry in a state that forbid its subjects from self defense </Legal monotone>

I can speak for New York State, and I would not carry a Handgun here in NY if I didnt have my CCW Permit.My freedom is to great to loose.I would however Carry some kind of less Lethal Weapon to protect myself.

I agree. I wouldn't lose my rights just carry. I would find other ways to accomplish my goals. As far as the "I wouldn't move there" answer. That isn't a viable answer to the guestion.

I respect your opinion as previously stated but in No Way agree with breaking the law. I live in a Police state, NJ & can only carry legally out of state so the thought has definetly crossed my mind but the consequences are to severe. So im gonna have to say NO, I would not carry w/o a valid CWP. When you think about it,youd be no different carrying illegally than the criminal your trying to defend against. To me that speaks on a persons integrity,character & maturity, No Offense. If the Lord has decided on a certain day & time that you are to be robbed,assaulted,whatever its my complete & total belief theres absolutetly nothing you can do about it other than Pray that day never comes. If it does then id pray to be in a position that I can Legally defend myself, other than that..."thy kingdom come, thy will be done"...

Illinois is all messed up. Forget about carry, you gotta know the law forward and back just to pack it into your car to drive anywhere to shoot. I have not been pulled over yet with a weapon in the vehicle but chances are they could find something illegal with how your are transporting a weapon. OR you will get that good cop that just tells you do this and move along.

I live in Illinois and I carry every day that I work. I carry my pistol in a small fanny pack with the slide locked back and my magazine in my front pocket. There is times I carry hot but not too often.

I've lived 54 years without living in NY or IL. I can make it the rest of the way without going there.

On Jan 4th we will be leaving to go to Yuma. We will cross over into Iowa to avoid going through Illinois. I don't even want to listen to one of their troopers asking about the guns. With a Wisconsin and an Arizona permit, Ill is the only state we would have to cross through and not be able to cc.

As I understand it, to carry a firearm illegally and have to use it to defend yourself would seem like a nightmare scenario. Felony gun wrap, a potential murder wrap, possible intent since you are carrying illegally. Thats a lot.of.years bunking with big bubba.

I figured I'd get these responses. I can completely understand not carrying for fear of jail time and a felony, it makes perfect sense and I completely agree. I however am just still to young and full of spunk I guess and would gladly risk it to save my family. I would most likely only carry when I was with them and not so much just myself. Probably just to much Dr Phil or something but I just can't shake the thought of a possibility of something tragic happening to them and not being able to do anything about it. I would take a bullet for my wife and daughter any day of the week and I'd do life in prison if it meant saving their lives.

I raised this question because so many people have the "you'll take my guns over my dead body attitude", I guess they are all just to smart to move to these places haha!

The reason for not moving to NY is high taxes not gun laws. We generally carry unmolested pretty much where we want. There are no laws restricting people from carrying in bars, restuarants, churches, banks, hospitals, public transportation, etc. Permits need not ever be renewed. You're confusing NYS with NYC. Big difference.

I wouldn't carry. Not a chance. I'd still have an arsenal in my home and would go to the range but I'd still obey local laws. I'm not going to risk jail time as well as a felony criminal record.

Sometimes the job is not worth the possibility of losing your life to a violent crime unless maybe it's a 6 figure a year income then you'll have the money to hire good lawyers if needed if you decided to carry illegally and the money to possibly persuade or change the law. Bribes go a long way in this country nowadays.

It is legal in Illinois to carry in a case ie fanny pack zippered purse glove compartment as long as the firearm is unloaded called six second to safety. I still believe it is bs that we are the only state cannot carry concealed.

In fallacy about NY State is you have to obtain a Pistol Permit to even own and possess a hand gun.
Even touching a gun without a license is a crime.
NY'ers should be able to purchase a handgun in the same manner as they purchase a hammer, Ok I'll give you the NIC's check,
Then if you want to CC then you get a Permit or license.
The laws are from the Sullivan Act. Sullivan was neither a NAZI or a commie. Just a freaking crook.

Yes, it is tempting to just "carry anyway, in case". Don't. It is not worth being convicted of a felony, spending time away from your family while imprisioned and being denied the right to defend yourself and your family for the rest of your life.

Other jobs are still easier to get than Second Lives, even in today's economy. I'd avoid places like that like the plague they are. If forced by circumstance (not always just financial) to WORK there, I'd pray for a relatively short commute from a gun-friendly place where I could LIVE with my family. I'd investigate every legal self defense device I and other members of my family could carry and use.

I'd devote time and resources to getting laws changed to enable good citizens to have a realistic means of deffending themselves and their loved ones against deadly criminal attack, regardless of where such attack happened.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Gary

California is not necessarily "Nazi"...just stupid.

I lived (if you can call residence in La-La-Land "living") there for four years. Wow! It's pure zoom-zoom land.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back