If you don't think LEO is an armed arm of the political left just read on

Nope, sorry. I've always been this name on this forum.
Were you previously known as Link Removed?

My reply to the original poster was spot-on. It was his reply to me that "dragged it off course".

I'm sure that if I only knew who you were I'd be devastated by such news. Although my mere two hundred posts seem to have made an impression on you, you're completely unknown to me. In light of that, I really can't find any emotional base from which to care about your actions. I hope you don't take my not caring personally.
Dude, you are becoming my newest hero..... lol

You seem to be just looking for something to fight about. Others have done this and either or no longer here or we add them to our "Ignore List"! Most of us want to discuss ideas, guns, laws, LEO encounters and anything else that involves guns. But you seem to search for something to get offended!

You can get offended with this post and go into a tirade if you want. If you do then that will say volumes about you. I am not trying to start a fight here but now you are threatening me with "reporting" me to Luke!

I agree completely vernsimpson. I bounce around to other forums and blogs, news, politics, etc.. It's amazing the difference in group maturity levels. USA Carry seems to be about half juveniles in ability to handle disagreement. That's why I visit it infrequently. Frankly, with the deficit in maturity levels found in USA Carry and the 'gun' connection, I'm not surprised that libs find points to throw at gun owners.

its very sad that people go through life fearing things that have very little impact on their everyday life.. The secret of life is to be happy everyday... even in the face of events that make the front page. I have a nice house, a great family, wife of 48 years, kids and grand kids who grew up and are growing up with the same morals and ethics that my parent gave me... BY and large, the people I surround myself with daily are also God fearing, happy people, we go to dinner, to shows.. go to baseball games..etc... I don't go through life fearing Cops, because in my 71 years of life, Ive never had any reason too. that doesn't mean that all cops are good. Its sad when I come to this forum and see so many people preaching about how bad things are...My philosophy on life is trying to look at all that is good with my life, my wife, my marriage, my kids and grand kids.. my financial security..etc., Even in the face of advanced stage cancer, I look on my life as a positive experience... If I died tomorrow I would not feel cheated.. If I died tomorrow, chances of it being at the hands of a cop, are about as likely as me hitting the lottery.. Too many people go through life feeling cheated by government, law enforcement, their employer, their financial situation, etc. IM sure the forum beaters will be all over my happiness.. only because they are angry about everything that touches their life, but do little about it...coming here bitching about it , is about as potent as watered down soup.

ET - I agree with all you say - and it's a great attitude. I'm only 60, retired finally, from 36 years in the telecom industry which has become nothing more than an extension of the federal government in the way they operate. AT&T models it's entire employee structure after the feds - political correctness rules every single minute on the job. I only say this because after being retired now just 2 years I'm starting to wind down from the hell of working for that company. I'm appreciating things that I used to take for granted. I thank God for my breakfast now - and of course pray for the family a lot more now that I have the time.
But I have to say, regarding the younger folks who are still fighting the grind, I feel for them because the world is getting more wicked, generally and in the workplace, than what we just escaped. We have a growing sense of our mortality - especially if medical issues exist, which I think actually facilitates the peaceful mindset that you have and that I'm acquiring. Frankly, the younger folks are going to find it extremely difficult to realize the mindset that you're talking about because they're still running at high RPMs trying to make ends meet, enduring pc in the workplace all day long, worrying about the school system brainwashing their kids, etc., I'm speaking generally, of course.

Last edited:
The name "Otis" was a link in Vern's post, so I tried to follow that and all I saw was an advertisement for cleaning products. Sadly, Kwik's one of the few names that dug itself into my brain deeper'n an Alabama tick.

Buttt... back to the premise of the original post.
IF "....LEO is an armed arm of the political left..." then one could reasonably expect that they are not an 'armed arm' of the political right.
That would reasonably imply that with a right leaning political administration there would be a noted absence of police misconduct.

Has anyone noted that in any administration (city, state or national) so far?

BOTH parties are building the American Police State... this Republican doesn't like citizens making police accountable (Link Removed this Democrat is all for NSA data collection (Link Removed).

LEO's are fighting any oversight and prosecution of the "blue line" and at the moment appear to be gaining the upper hand (Indisputable proof that prosecutors and politicians are penalized when they hold police accountable). This particular problem is in my opinion much more widespread than being acknowledged and as I have stated before, it is made implicitly clear to overseers (DA's, State DoJ's, LE Oversight Committees, etc) that, "we know where and when your daughter goes to school". Sure, there will be the Officer Slager's that will get thrown under the bus (l still believe that this guy will get off light compared to the crime) to demonstrate a modicum of propriety in the ranks. But, for the most part it will be business as usual and the business is growing exponentially.

Exactly.
The police force doesn't do a mass resignation with each new administration. What they do during one is going to be pretty much what they do during another (unless a 'housekeeping' administration takes over, but they never stay that way it seems).

ET - I agree with all you say - and it's a great attitude. I'm only 60, retired finally, from 36 years in the telecom industry which has become nothing more than an extension of the federal government in the way they operate. AT&T models it's entire employee structure after the feds - political correctness rules every single minute on the job. I only say this because after being retired now just 2 years I'm starting to wind down from the hell of working for that company. I'm appreciating things that I used to take for granted. I thank God for my breakfast now - and of course pray for the family a lot more now that I have the time.
But I have to say, regarding the younger folks who are still fighting the grind, I feel for them because the world is getting more wicked, generally and in the workplace, than what we just escaped. We have a growing sense of our mortality - especially if medical issues exist, which I think actually facilitates the peaceful mindset that you have and that I'm acquiring. Frankly, the younger folks are going to find it extremely difficult to realize the mindset that you're talking about because they're still running at high RPMs trying to make ends meet, enduring pc in the workplace all day long, worrying about the school system brainwashing their kids, etc., I'm speaking generally, of course.
Thank you for your mature response... its a breath of fresh air " On this Forum "... Its hard to find some real gown ups on this forum.,.. ON another note.. one that you touched on... my parents were very moral and ethical, they wondered how I would make in a world so ripe for turmoil... But when I decided to leave College, became an Army officer and volunteered to go to Vietnam. My parents worried, but supported my decision..
MY family was always at my side... when I left the military, ( disable combat veteran ) I continued my education finished my Degree in engineering, and went on to GM where I retired 14 years ago...my parent worried about me, just like I worried about my children, and their future in an ever evolving world.... both of my kids were able to put their priorities in order, follow my oen work ethic and never compromise their on integrity. MY son followed me into the engineering arena, with his Own B.S.M.E. and my daughter holds a Doctorate in Pharmaceutical Science. The kids today, have to work as hard as we did, and as hard as my kids did.. Todays kids, that are successful in life follow these same morals and ethical and have their priorities in order.... The failures in today world are those kids. who disrespect, Seniors citizens, think they know it all, look for the fun factor, getting high, getting over, want something for nothing and demand the government do more so they can do less.. I see lots of low life scum bags in the news .. I see lots of disrespectful kids.. but the good news is there are thousands and thousands of kids who know its hard to be successful, and that it takes a lot of hard work to get there.. respect wisdom that come at the hands of their professors and those seniors who have been successful in life. drugs and partying is not the right road, the dummies of our society follow this road.. I get pissed off here when people ( young kids and immature adults ) do not respect those of us who have made an impact on the people we touch in a positive way./.. Even in an internet forum its easy to see who the low life's and scum bags are, no matter how hard they try to cloak their personality.
It was nice to see a civil post from an obvious gentleman. One who is now seeing all the pieces fall together, as they look back on their life... If you did your life in a positive way, your retired years will be highly rewarding be they 10 years or 40 years...
Regards
Bill aka ET

The name "Otis" was a link in Vern's post, so I tried to follow that and all I saw was an advertisement for cleaning products. Sadly, Kwik's one of the few names that dug itself into my brain deeper'n an Alabama tick.

Buttt... back to the premise of the original post.
IF "....LEO is an armed arm of the political left..." then one could reasonably expect that they are not an 'armed arm' of the political right.
That would reasonably imply that with a right leaning political administration there would be a noted absence of police misconduct.

Has anyone noted that in any administration (city, state or national) so far?

LEO is an armed arm of big government, period. That's why you'll see no significant change in police misconduct or ambiance with the public, administration to administration - much like you'll not see significant difference with changes in government between a Democrat and Republican in the White House. George W. proved that the distinction is a thing of the past - big government is here to stay. The contrast between American political parties is only evident during campaign mode. When is the last time you heard Mitch McConnell speak regarding the Constitution and America's need to keep it strong rather than keep the multitude of race, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religious and labor groups strong? When is the last time you heard Boehner speak on the subject of the Constitution? or any prolific Democrat? You haven't heard them give two sentences to the subject. Why? Because the US Constitution is effectively dead. Even though it's the most inclusive foundational document in existence, and if followed, would eliminate the need for politicians and legislators to constantly bounce around trying to appease this group, flatter that race and pander to this group, the Constitution is dead because they want it to be dead. Why? They don't like all the pesty freedom, liberty and individual clauses. Masses are not to experience freedom and liberty and is certainly no individual. You are simply part of the masses. That's what a Marxist-Leninist government deals with - masses, not people nor individuals. I have no less than 15 books in my library on
the subjects of Marxism and Lenin - a couple written by Robert Service and Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov himself; Marx and Lenin were about masses, not people.
It's clear that masses is the name of the game today and hereafter. It's clear that the police are programmed to treat us as masses, hereafter. One of their [Marx and Lenin] subsequent students, Saul David Alinsky, wrote about social change involving the masses and the eradication of individualism. Hillary Rodham Clinton was infatuated with Alinsky - one of her letters to him is easily found online. Obama is clearly an Alinsky Marxist, ideologically and administratively - and therefore, both of these political figures are Marxist-Leninists. It's the 1/10 of 1% ruling and living the life and the rest of us are the masses. The police are simply the lowest ranking Marxist-Leninist stooges hired to enforce it.
That is the root of why there's little substantive difference between the Democrats and Republicans - nor may we expect the former American republic to ever return again.
This is the long answer to a post dealing with a sub of a subcategory about LEO being part of the political left - but's it's ludicrous to discuss all these incidentals without understanding and acknowledging the root. The original poster began with a premise that we're living in a society of "Left and Right." but that's simply the stage act we're forced to watch via the media to give us the illusion of choice.

Last edited:
.......................Let's say that the average big city cop is 35, born in 1980. I don't care how professional and clean-cut he looks from a distance, he's a product of public education propaganda, from the beginning era of dumbing down the kids in overall academics to the point that a BA is roughly equivalent to a 1960s or 1970s HS diploma. This 35 year-old cop has little respect for the US Constitution because he wasn't raised to appreciate it - his military experience is also irrelevant in appreciating the Constitution. Today, our military is getting groomed to stand against constitutionalists, seen as terrorists and despised as much as the name of Jesus. These 35 year-old cops have a bumper sticker understanding of the US Constitution. The fact that he swore an oath to it is as meaningless as Obama's oath - just a formality. These points go to the root of the police militarization attitude and so it's ludicrous to talk around the problem; around the root issue. I think that an emotional maturity deficit exists with cops 35 years-old and younger................... Even today's military life is a softened version of responsibility, compared to decades past; technology replacing much of the 'mature' decision-making. So, a 33-year old man may possess the emotional maturity of a 20-year old.

While I agree with most everything you've said here, I have to also agree it holds true with 35 year olds and younger, in most EVERY walk of life. Not just cops. I see the type of attitude you've just described coming from everywhere, not just from police who wear a uniform. In fact, I would say they're on the lower end of what you have put forth. Look at the sales and service industry today. It's horrible when compared to what it was 3 or 4 decades ago. The bulk of the age group involved in it fall right into your 35 and younger parameter.

I just purchased a new vehicle last week. The 20+ something salesman I dealt with was completely clueless. The first thing he asked was how I wanted to finance the vehicle. I explained to him I didn't. I was retired and was not about to make payments on a car. He looked at me totally bewildered, and asked me how I was going to pay for it? I told him I was paying cash. After just starring at me for several seconds, he replied, "How are you going to do that?" This is where we are at with todays younger generation. These people cannot even comprehend what was quite commonplace just 3 decades ago. And we wonder why this country is going off a financial cliff?

Move on to the skilled trades, many of which used to be the backbone of this countries manufacturing might. Many apprenticeship programs have dried up. People in the age group you've just mentioned don't have the formal training and certifications many of the same people did 40 years ago. They only know what they are lucky enough to "pick up" on the job. And most of the time, that isn't much. There is no direct testing done to assure the knowledge level remains high. The result, a lot of people who make a lot of mistakes. I just retired after 42 years in the aerospace machining, and tool and mold trades. I see 30+ year olds making mistakes over and over today that would have gotten me fired on the spot 30 years ago. The workmanship standard was set that much higher back then.

We're going downhill alright. You'll get no argument from me on that. I see it proven to me almost every day. But it encompasses far more than just cops. In fact, I think of all the groups out there, they've faired better than most in all of this. I've seen far fewer bad younger cops, than I have bad younger everything else. Look at health care. I won't even go see a doctor today under the age of 50. I'm not saying the guy can't or won't be good. It's just not worth the risk. You're odds are better with experience, be it doctors, mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, or most anything else. Sure, you can toss cops into the mix. But I'll take my chances with a young cop, before I'll let a guy the same age do cardiovascular bypass surgery on me............ Or ever sell me a new car again.

LEO is an armed arm of big government, period.
I'm afraid I must take issue with this. Law enforcement is not solely an arm of big government (italics in original)." Law enforcement is an arm of all governments, big and small. Or else I'd have to ask, "How small a government must one have not to have a police force, a town of 6,000, a village of 120?"

I was quite specific when I said 'administration' it is Not merely the federal government, towns and cities change administrations with each Mayoral election, as do states from smallest to largest. But the police force, for the most part remains the same, the Chief may change due to cronyism but the rank and file remain the same as do their attitudes.

You are very correct in one point, I agree, "Left and Right", "Democrat and Republican" are but two heads of the same monster, the two-party system which has no interest in making itself smaller or weaker. We're only given the illusion of change, electing one party until we're tired of it and then ""changing"" to the other. But both are hands of the same body.

Bill - you're spot on concerning the trades... many programs have dried up for lack of apprentice applications. Reason: "You gotta go to college to get a good job." This is not universal of course but it seems that if one doesn't go to college or finds out it isn't for them they'll take a low skill job (or no job) instead of investigating a trade. Bizarre, in my opinion.
I have a friend who owns a plumbing shop; needed an apprentice, ran ads for the position - result: 1 application. (Fortunately, the applicant was just who he was looking for.) Seems that few of the millennial generation want to get their hands dirty.

While I agree with most everything you've said here, I have to also agree it holds true with 35 year olds and younger, in most EVERY walk of life. Not just cops. I see the type of attitude you've just described coming from everywhere, not just from police who wear a uniform. In fact, I would say they're on the lower end of what you have put forth. Look at the sales and service industry today. It's horrible when compared to what it was 3 or 4 decades ago. The bulk of the age group involved in it fall right into your 35 and younger parameter.

I just purchased a new vehicle last week. The 20+ something salesman I dealt with was completely clueless. The first thing he asked was how I wanted to finance the vehicle. I explained to him I didn't. I was retired and was not about to make payments on a car. He looked at me totally bewildered, and asked me how I was going to pay for it? I told him I was paying cash. After just starring at me for several seconds, he replied, "How are you going to do that?" This is where we are at with todays younger generation. These people cannot even comprehend what was quite commonplace just 3 decades ago. And we wonder why this country is going off a financial cliff?

Move on to the skilled trades, many of which used to be the backbone of this countries manufacturing might. Many apprenticeship programs have dried up. People in the age group you've just mentioned don't have the formal training and certifications many of the same people did 40 years ago. They only know what they are lucky enough to "pick up" on the job. And most of the time, that isn't much. There is no direct testing done to assure the knowledge level remains high. The result, a lot of people who make a lot of mistakes. I just retired after 42 years in the aerospace machining, and tool and mold trades. I see 30+ year olds making mistakes over and over today that would have gotten me fired on the spot 30 years ago. The workmanship standard was set that much higher back then.

We're going downhill alright. You'll get no argument from me on that. I see it proven to me almost every day. But it encompasses far more than just cops. In fact, I think of all the groups out there, they've faired better than most in all of this. I've seen far fewer bad younger cops, than I have bad younger everything else. Look at health care. I won't even go see a doctor today under the age of 50. I'm not saying the guy can't or won't be good. It's just not worth the risk. You're odds are better with experience, be it doctors, mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, or most anything else. Sure, you can toss cops into the mix. But I'll take my chances with a young cop, before I'll let a guy the same age do cardiovascular bypass surgery on me............ Or ever sell me a new car again.

agreed!

Thank you for your mature response... its a breath of fresh air " On this Forum "... Its hard to find some real gown ups on this forum.,.. ON another note.. one that you touched on... my parents were very moral and ethical, they wondered how I would make in a world so ripe for turmoil... But when I decided to leave College, became an Army officer and volunteered to go to Vietnam. My parents worried, but supported my decision..
MY family was always at my side... when I left the military, ( disable combat veteran ) I continued my education finished my Degree in engineering, and went on to GM where I retired 14 years ago...my parent worried about me, just like I worried about my children, and their future in an ever evolving world.... both of my kids were able to put their priorities in order, follow my oen work ethic and never compromise their on integrity. MY son followed me into the engineering arena, with his Own B.S.M.E. and my daughter holds a Doctorate in Pharmaceutical Science. The kids today, have to work as hard as we did, and as hard as my kids did.. Todays kids, that are successful in life follow these same morals and ethical and have their priorities in order.... The failures in today world are those kids. who disrespect, Seniors citizens, think they know it all, look for the fun factor, getting high, getting over, want something for nothing and demand the government do more so they can do less.. I see lots of low life scum bags in the news .. I see lots of disrespectful kids.. but the good news is there are thousands and thousands of kids who know its hard to be successful, and that it takes a lot of hard work to get there.. respect wisdom that come at the hands of their professors and those seniors who have been successful in life. drugs and partying is not the right road, the dummies of our society follow this road.. I get pissed off here when people ( young kids and immature adults ) do not respect those of us who have made an impact on the people we touch in a positive way./.. Even in an internet forum its easy to see who the low life's and scum bags are, no matter how hard they try to cloak their personality.
It was nice to see a civil post from an obvious gentleman. One who is now seeing all the pieces fall together, as they look back on their life... If you did your life in a positive way, your retired years will be highly rewarding be they 10 years or 40 years...
Regards
Bill aka ET

ET - I appreciate all that you say. At the end of the day it's all about our kids - and if no kids, then your spouse, or siblings - anybody other than yourself. It's the "SELF" that all marketing and consumerism is going after and corrupting a once great America. Media focuses on "SELF." That's where the money resides - that's where the propaganda resides.

You mention 'disrespectful' youth. Yes. I remind you: "... and children will rise against parents and have them put to death ..." MT 10:21, and we're seeing this now, full force.

I hope you're right on my possible '40' years post retirement! lol. I'm not as optimistic but thank you for your optimism.

Last edited:
ET - I appreciate all that you say. At the end of the day it's all about our kids - and if no kids, then your spouse, or siblings - anybody other than yourself. It's the "SELF" that all marketing and consumerism is going after and corrupting a once great America. Media focuses on "SELF." That's where the money resides - that's where the propaganda resides.

You mention 'disrespectful' youth. Yes. I remind you: "... and children will rise against parents and have them put to death ..." MT 10:21, and we're seeing this now, full force.

I hope you're right on my possible '40' years post retirement! lol. I'm not as optimistic but thank you for your optimism.

Maybe you didn't notice, but ET was banned for his immature and unethical responses that broke forum rules. I wouldn't put to much effort into his responses.

I find it embarrassing that older folks judge the young so negatively, but get so upset when younger folks judge the old. Respect is earned, not given freely, both ways.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Maybe you didn't notice, but ET was banned for his immature and unethical responses that broke forum rules.

One of the first things you should learn as a "youth" is not to judge people on what, if any "forum rules" they may or may not break. The way a lot of you act on this forum not only reflects your immature attitude, but would get your lights punched out, or worse in a face to face encounter. Yet you're still here. "Forum Rules" amount to $h!t on how to judge people.

One of the first things you should learn as a "youth" is not to judge people on what, if any "forum rules" they may or may not break. The way a lot of you act on this forum not only reflects your immature attitude, but would get your lights punched out, or worse in a face to face encounter. Yet you're still here. "Forum Rules" amount to $h!t on how to judge people.

One of the things you "elders" should learn, is age does not equate to wisdom. I've yet to get knocked out, and I wont be taking advice from someone who defends wife beaters. Of course forum rules mean nothing to the selfish, maybe you should just voluntarily follow your crew, because I don't see you getting away with ETs antics either.

.............I've yet to get knocked out,...............

That's because of 2 reasons. 1). You don't talk to people in person the same way you do here, regardless of how much you want to claim you do. Proof of that is you haven't been, "knocked out". 2). People can't punch through monitors. Aside from that, consider yourself lucky.

That's because of 2 reasons. 1). You don't talk to people in person the same way you do here, regardless of how much you want to claim you do. Proof of that is you haven't been, "knocked out". 2). People can't punch through monitors. Aside from that, consider yourself lucky.

I didn't realize we have met before. Oh wait, that's right, lying goes right in line with your ethical standards. Sell your guns before you hurt someone. In case you didn't read it before, thank you for not procreating.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back