I need new sights

I still would like a suggestion

I have night sights on my 1911 , but after eye surgery I see 20-20 from 5 feet out but need reading glasses 5 feet in . I can see my sights with my glasses on but not my target, with my glasses off I can see my target but not my sights, so I got crimson trase lazer grips for my 1911. I know they make crimson trase sights for the berretta but I'm not sure about the cz. I love the lazer sights , give them a try and see if you like them.

I still would like a suggestion

If you are truly having a hard time finding a night sight for your CZ, this could be an option to modify your current sight: Link Removed

I've done this on a few fixed sights and it works like a charm. I still prefer the tritium and fiber optic, but this is a great option too.

If you are truly having a hard time finding a night sight for your CZ, this could be an option to modify your current sight: Link Removed

I've done this on a few fixed sights and it works like a charm. I still prefer the tritium and fiber optic, but this is a great option too.

So first the sights you recommend for his gun don't exist since you didn't do any research and then you say you've painted "a few fixed sights"? Doubt it.

I have not painted any sights but I read that people do it. Of course, independent internet research might actually lead one to the answer. That's one of the advantages of having a popular gun - lots of accessories.

For three of my self defense guns I use XS express sights. They are large, white, with tritium inserts. For my competition guns I use fiber optics. Someone here had a photo of the XS sights. Fiber optic sights are great outdoors, however, may be prone to coming off depending in how they are made. I use a drop of super glue which, so far, works. Trijicon HD sights are great though expensive. I'm 70 and wear progressive glasses. I need to tip my head back to see the front sight well. I find, in the heat of competition, that I don't do that. However, with all of these sights I can see them well enough to shoot well. Of course, a sight may not be made for the gun you want.

So first the sights you recommend for his gun don't exist since you didn't do any research and then you say you've painted "a few fixed sights"? Doubt it.

I have not painted any sights but I read that people do it. Of course, independent internet research might actually lead one to the answer. That's one of the advantages of having a popular gun - lots of accessories.

I have likewise had my adventures with wolfie. As I recall, I took exception to a post where he recommended that an individual use a sawed-off shotgun for home defense. He went on to recommend that the individual could saw the barrel down the barrel down to 12 inches themselves. He became quite irate when I scoffed at the ridiculous nature of his advice pointed out there might be there might be some legal problems with his sawed-off shotgun suggestion.

Neon green fingernail polish what I used changed it from white to neon green big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using USA Carry mobile app

I have likewise had my adventures with wolfie. As I recall, I took exception to a post where he recommended that an individual use a sawed-off shotgun for home defense. He went on to recommend that the individual could saw the barrel down the barrel down to 12 inches themselves. He became quite irate when I scoffed at the ridiculous nature of his advice pointed out there might be there might be some legal problems with his sawed-off shotgun suggestion.

Unless you get the tax stamp, I would agree with you. The post asked for the best firearms for home self-defense. I'm still standing by a short-barreled shotgun for multiple reasons. In close quarters it is much more maneuverable, it does not need a lot of aiming practice, and it is incredible easy to use. IMO.

I also added if he was hell bent on getting something new, I'd go with the KSG or UTS-15 for the extra ammo capacity over most other shotguns.

If you are going to quote someone get the facts right. Of course one has to get a tax stamp. I never recommended the person hacksaw it himself. If you would go back to that thread, you'd see YOU were the one that brought up the hacksaw as a means to mock the opinion I had of using a sawed-off shotgun.

Speaking of sawing a shotgun barrel down? Not in the US, 18" minimum. The one thing I miss from Canada (no not the weather!)

The law on shotguns, it is overall length of no less than 26", so my pump 870, with it's 14"brl. was over 26" overall length, and so fast for our version of IDPA. And a sight? The original brass bead, put painted bright white (fridge paint) 100yd hits, doable.

Did you put those sights in yourself Wolf_Fire and if so was it difficult and any special tools needed? Been thinking of doing the same with a couple of mine.

Did you put those sights in yourself Wolf_Fire and if so was it difficult and any special tools needed? Been thinking of doing the same with a couple of mine.

The TFO's?

No, the place where I bought them put them in for an extra $5 over what I paid and I shrugged and said go for it.

On my Glock you would need some special tools.

Glockmeister Sight Tool for All GLOCK Models-www.glockmeister.com

The tool that looks like a mini-vise is for removing the rear sight. The other tool is just a very small nut driver for removing the hexagonal-headed screw holding the front sight (you'll have to remove the slide to get to it).

It's not a difficult procedure if you have the right tools.

...On my Glock you would need some special tools...

Actually Glocks require no special tools to replace factory sights; I put XS big dots on my 21 & 30S in about 5 minutes each. the front factory sight twists off easy with a pair of plyers & the rear bangs out with the little plastic piece shipped with the new sights. James Yaeger has a utube video showing how easy it is...

As for the OP, yes, they have these for your guns. I just googled them and you can order them here:

CZ 75B:
Link Removed

Berreta 92:
Link Removed

Actually Glocks require no special tools to replace factory sights; I put XS big dots on my 21 & 30S in about 5 minutes each. the front factory sight twists off easy with a pair of plyers & the rear bangs out with the little plastic piece shipped with the new sights. James Yaeger has a utube video showing how easy it is...

As for the OP, yes, they have these for your guns. I just googled them and you can order them here:

CZ 75B:
Link Removed

Berreta 92:
Link Removed

It's not recommended to do it the way you described for a couple of reasons:
1) On the front sight you can strip the threads
2) You can damage the rear sight when banging it back in.

I'm a certified LE Glock Armorer and trust me, I've had to "fix" too many firearms where people tried to bang out the old rear sight and bang in the new sight. I've also seen where they stripped out the threads for the screw.

The website I provided, gives a discount to the sights you want when you purchase the proper tools.

I looked up James Yaeger's YouTube site and he even says the way he does this a) is NOT per the manufacturer's instructions and they would disagree with how he does this and b) makes the original sights unusable after he is done. His video is over 7 minutes long and when I saw what he said and did in the first 2 and half minute I turned it off shaking my head.

It's not recommended to do it the way you described for a couple of reasons:
1) On the front sight you can strip the threads
2) You can damage the rear sight when banging it back in.

1) Obviously breaking off the plastic front site ruins the old sights thread - but I was throwing the old plastic sights away anyway.
2) Ditto - I just bought NEW better sights so am throwing the old plastic one away so why would I try to bang it back in? The new XS sight is not even a pressure fit - it slides in without tools and has 2 setscrews so no banging for the new.

But if one wants to save the old sights they can; the nut driver for the new front sight is the same size as the old nut and I DID for kicks unscrew and save it (no damage to threads) on my 2nd install. And neither rear sight was damaged banging them out.

1) Obviously breaking off the plastic front site ruins the old sights thread - but I was throwing the old plastic sights away anyway.
2) Ditto - I just bought NEW better sights so am throwing the old plastic one away so why would I try to bang it back in? The new XS sight is not even a pressure fit - it slides in without tools and has 2 setscrews so no banging for the new.

But if one wants to save the old sights they can; the nut driver for the new front sight is the same size as the old nut and I DID for kicks unscrew and save it (no damage to threads) on my 2nd install. And neither rear sight was damaged banging them out.

That's a good on you that you didn't damage the rear sight. If you had, no warranty would have covered it. This is why I recommend to install them using the proper tool. There are many ways to "fix" something, but the easiest and best way is with the right tools.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back