I have narrowed my choices

I Love my Ruger Sp101 .357 2 1/4". It is my main carry gun And I carry it year round it never jams, if it misfires just pull the trigger again. And I always use Federal Self Defense loads in it and Hornaday Critical Defense in my Taurus PT140 when I carry it as a back up gun in a modified small of back holster from [email protected].

I have narrowed my choices of a CCW gun to:

1. 1911 (Ruger and S&W)
2. M&P .40 shield
3. Ruger SP101 4.2" .357

1. 1911 - Awesome guns but heavy and for most not a comfortable CC gun
2. M&P Shield - Awesome choice
3. SP101 - Had one, awesome gun but even my 2.25" SP101 wasn't a very comfortable carry gun..weight. and you'd have double the barrel.

Just my .02

Just make sure you shoot all 3 first, then consider weight when loaded, carry method, and concealability.

I would need to own all three to shoot all three. No one I know has those guns and there is not a place near me that rents. That has been the biggest obstacle to choosing a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Depending on your size I would say don't rule out full size guns like a Glock 22 or XD service model I carry both of those and I'm only 6' tall and weigh 187lbs I carry 2 full size guns and nobody can ever see them. Also remember it's usually not the barrel length you have to conceal its the grip length that usually prints and gives you away.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app

Thanks. I am 6'1" and 195, but want to get back down to 175-180 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Four of your six guns are 1911s I think that should tell you something. I carry a kimber cdp pro 1911 45 acp with an aluminum frame and steel slide. It's light for a 1911 so it carries well. 1911s are single action triggers so they are easier to shoot accurately, the frame is thin so it's easier to conceal, they can be gotten in 45 acp or 9mm and ruger s&w colt kimber sig all make fine guns at reasonable prices. Go and shoot as many as you can before you buy. Good luck.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back